Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I did an OLD experiment, here's what I learned

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday in the evening, I was curious what it is like to be a girl on OLD. So I pulled up a stock image site and pulled four stock images of a 7/10 girl who looked about 22. The images were of professional quality, probably better than most pictures that girls post. I created a simple profile on Bumble using a fake Facebook profile. I had a minimal description. I was very selective with my swipes — I had to be realistic, you see, so my standards shot up to Mt. Everest.

The results:

Within a day, I had over 800 likes of my profile. I had several compliments from guys saying I looked like a model. My feed was filled with guys who were 6'1 to 6'6. Most guys in my feed were muscular. But I honestly felt bored with most of these guys. Even if they looked good, even if they were tall, MOST GUYS HAD **** PICS. Half of their cover pictures are selfies, another 15% of grainy pictures, another 15% of mirror pictures, and another 10% of group pictures. Most guys look try-hard, childish, and unprofessional in their profiles. I would say that only 1/40 guys had a WOW cover picture: one that looked natural, but very high quality and clearly taken from a professional camera. I got to the point where I would immediately swipe left if I saw a selfie or a mirror picture.

The pictures that clearly stuck out showed them in an outdoor environment, dressed nicely, and generally with their face away from the camera in a confident look. Often the pictures showed off their bodies in well-fitted clothing. The background was usually blurred out such that the foreground (the guy) was highlighted. When an entire profile was filled with these pictures, with different outfits and in different environments, it was a WOW moment.

The insights:

If you want to do good in OLD, you have to stand out from the competition. Luckily, the competition sucks. Their bodies may be strong and they may be tall, but they put zero effort into their pictures. If you take a few hours and pay a good friend a couple of bucks to take pictures of you with his professional camera, you will zoom ahead of the competition. You want to have full-body shots or half-body shots of yourself which fill the screen and are crystal clear. Crystal clear pictures are especially obvious in a sea of poorly lit, quickly taken phone photos. Filling 70-80% of the screen with your body makes a huge difference too. When you are off-center, or only take up 10-20% of the photo, it is too difficult to concentrate and focus on you. It looks poor.

Looking through the pictures, I was not wowed if some guy could bench 400 lbs in comparison to a guy who could bench 200 lbs. What matters was a decent amount of muscle and low body fat. Jawlines are obviously important. But once you are decently lean and muscular, you can easily stand out if you have good pictures. Swiping forever got me very bored of muscular guys taking gym pics. I understood they had muscles, but so many others had muscles. They looked unprofessional and like they put no effort in. If a guy had less muscle, but put a bit more effort into his pictures, it was obvious and got my attention.

Conclusion:

Some guys here love OLD, and some guys hate it. If you did not have much success beforehand (as I did), the reason is that you did not stand out from your competition. You thought you had muscles. But other guys do too. You were tall. But so too are the top guys on OLD. You wrote a witty description. But no one cares if your cover picture sucks.

The only way to stand out in OLD in today's world is to have top-notch pictures. Yes, it might take a few hours out of your life and a few dollars out of your pockets. But if you actually want to succeed, then that is what you need. That is simply the reality of today's market. A product is only bought if better than its competition, so you have to be better. Scrolling through guys' pictures, I got tired of everything except cool, crisp, professional masculine photos. The difference between those and the norm is the difference between a 10-year-old given a phone and a professional photographer. Massive difference. So put some effort in and gets those HBs' attention!

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has never been done before.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many men have done these experiments across Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge. These experiments were also done in the late 2000s/early 2010s on OkCupid and Plenty of Fish.

They always produce the same result. Women are bombarded with quantity but quality is debatable.

However, because the quantity is so high, it's easy to find quality. In one day, a woman could have 800 total options and at least 20 good ones.

No woman could generate 20 high quality options in a day between getting approached via non-bar methods or in nightlife venues.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many men have done these experiments across Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge. These experiments were also done in the late 2000s/early 2010s on OkCupid and Plenty of Fish.

They always produce the same result. Women are bombarded with quantity but quality is debatable.

However, because the quantity is so high, it's easy to find quality. In one day, a woman could have 800 total options and at least 20 good ones.

No woman could generate 20 high quality options in a day between getting approached via non-bar methods or in nightlife venues.
I've tried it myself. It has to be seen to be believed.

They need to give women a limited number of "dislikes" and men a limited number of "likes". Or give everyone a limited number of swipes altogether. That way, after a woman has swiped left on 50 men and disliked them all, now she can't see any more men today and she won't be getting any messages. No more attention. And no Instagram. I'd also say no text, no biography and no conversation. Just time and place. I don't want to hear anything a woman has to say until she meets up in person. And even then, the less she talks the better.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never used anything other than Facebook. Can the same happen with good-looking men?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday in the evening, I was curious what it is like to be a girl on OLD. So I pulled up a stock image site and pulled four stock images of a 7/10 girl who looked about 22. The images were of professional quality, probably better than most pictures that girls post. I created a simple profile on Bumble using a fake Facebook profile. I had a minimal description. I was very selective with my swipes — I had to be realistic, you see, so my standards shot up to Mt. Everest.

The results:

Within a day, I had over 800 likes of my profile. I had several compliments from guys saying I looked like a model. My feed was filled with guys who were 6'1 to 6'6. Most guys in my feed were muscular. But I honestly felt bored with most of these guys. Even if they looked good, even if they were tall, MOST GUYS HAD **** PICS. Half of their cover pictures are selfies, another 15% of grainy pictures, another 15% of mirror pictures, and another 10% of group pictures. Most guys look try-hard, childish, and unprofessional in their profiles. I would say that only 1/40 guys had a WOW cover picture: one that looked natural, but very high quality and clearly taken from a professional camera. I got to the point where I would immediately swipe left if I saw a selfie or a mirror picture.

The pictures that clearly stuck out showed them in an outdoor environment, dressed nicely, and generally with their face away from the camera in a confident look. Often the pictures showed off their bodies in well-fitted clothing. The background was usually blurred out such that the foreground (the guy) was highlighted. When an entire profile was filled with these pictures, with different outfits and in different environments, it was a WOW moment.

The insights:

If you want to do good in OLD, you have to stand out from the competition. Luckily, the competition sucks. Their bodies may be strong and they may be tall, but they put zero effort into their pictures. If you take a few hours and pay a good friend a couple of bucks to take pictures of you with his professional camera, you will zoom ahead of the competition. You want to have full-body shots or half-body shots of yourself which fill the screen and are crystal clear. Crystal clear pictures are especially obvious in a sea of poorly lit, quickly taken phone photos. Filling 70-80% of the screen with your body makes a huge difference too. When you are off-center, or only take up 10-20% of the photo, it is too difficult to concentrate and focus on you. It looks poor.

Looking through the pictures, I was not wowed if some guy could bench 400 lbs in comparison to a guy who could bench 200 lbs. What matters was a decent amount of muscle and low body fat. Jawlines are obviously important. But once you are decently lean and muscular, you can easily stand out if you have good pictures. Swiping forever got me very bored of muscular guys taking gym pics. I understood they had muscles, but so many others had muscles. They looked unprofessional and like they put no effort in. If a guy had less muscle, but put a bit more effort into his pictures, it was obvious and got my attention.

Conclusion:

Some guys here love OLD, and some guys hate it. If you did not have much success beforehand (as I did), the reason is that you did not stand out from your competition. You thought you had muscles. But other guys do too. You were tall. But so too are the top guys on OLD. You wrote a witty description. But no one cares if your cover picture sucks.

The only way to stand out in OLD in today's world is to have top-notch pictures. Yes, it might take a few hours out of your life and a few dollars out of your pockets. But if you actually want to succeed, then that is what you need. That is simply the reality of today's market. A product is only bought if better than its competition, so you have to be better. Scrolling through guys' pictures, I got tired of everything except cool, crisp, professional masculine photos. The difference between those and the norm is the difference between a 10-year-old given a phone and a professional photographer. Massive difference. So put some effort in and gets those HBs' attention!
I once did a catfish thing back in the '00s. There was a Ukrainian girl (yes, I was GeoMaxxing there then :cool: ) that was very hot, but with an attitude (I never did bother meeting her in person). I put her on PlentyOfFish in my USA area with a profile that matched her real-life persona, and the results were gobsmacking, as she got almost a 1000 messages in 2 days. :eek::eek:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once did a catfish thing back in the '00s. There was a Ukrainian girl (yes, I was GeoMaxxing there then :cool: ) that was very hot, but with an attitude (I never did bother meeting her in person). I put her on PlentyOfFish in my USA area with a profile that matched her real-life persona, and the results were gobsmacking, as she got almost a 1000 messages in 2 days. :eek::eek:
Gues you have not tried dating apps then if websites were horrible?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Except when she actually goes on dates those 20 "good ones" mostly disappear due to them being super weird, rude, complete A-Holes or socially inept that turns those into maybe 1 or 2 at best.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your point is beating a dead horse, it's no surprise that there is a plethora of thirsty men on OLD.

Everyone please be aware, that women in 6-7 range actually get the most attention from simps. This is because most men have low self-confidence and do not even bother pursuing the 8-10s.

I'm sure some guys have done this already, but i'd be curious to hear what kind of attention a classy/understated "girl next door" 9/10 type would do on OLD. I'd bet you she gets way less messages.

Side note: For this reason, you could argue it may sometimes be easier to date a 9/10 than a 6/10, assuming everything else is equal.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
In other news, bananas are yellow and water is wet.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I conducted an experiment like the OP.

Same results.

The online thing, while it can pay dividends, isn't enough of a challenge for me.

I like the day game hunting. :devil: