Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many of you work out? And what's the point of it!?

Incubus

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I just got back from the Y and it's weird. Everytime I work out, after I'm done I feel great and I'm like I could never give this up. But then sometimes at nights I think about sh*t like what I typed last night. Maybe it's laziness that hits me when I think of getting up and going to work out lol. But then I realize how great it feels to be in shape and to be stronger than your average joe.
Oh and I do full body workouts now. I lift 3 times a week and run twice.....I'm doing Bill Starr's 5x5 (found it on the bodybuilding.com forum if any of you are familiar) which is basically a strength program that focuses on the big core lifts, squats, deadlift, bench, and rows.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work out so that when 130 lb douche bags post their 6-pack pictures of themselves I can smugly laugh to myself.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Incubus said:
So I just got back from the Y and it's weird. Everytime I work out, after I'm done I feel great and I'm like I could never give this up. But then sometimes at nights I think about sh*t like what I typed last night. Maybe it's laziness that hits me when I think of getting up and going to work out lol. But then I realize how great it feels to be in shape and to be stronger than your average joe.
Oh and I do full body workouts now. I lift 3 times a week and run twice.....I'm doing Bill Starr's 5x5 (found it on the bodybuilding.com forum if any of you are familiar) which is basically a strength program that focuses on the big core lifts, squats, deadlift, bench, and rows.
Bill starr is a solid program. Big & quick strength/mass gains.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Health(I do this through how I eat,the gym just adds to it)

-The feeling,I don't know about you but that burning sensation near the end of my workouts feels awesome!

-The looks,I can take my shirt off at any time and not feel insecure. Besides who wants to look like everyone else?

-The women,some chicks are just drawn to nice bodies just how men are.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because it makes it a lot easier to move furniture.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most blunt I ever heard it put (and tbh, rings true to me) was told to me by a 22 year old guy with the best physique in the gym, whist he was hammered in the toilets of a club, and recognized me.

"I lift for 2 things. To get fanny, and to hurt people" - it's true.

Spade_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd think everyone on the health and fitness forum would workout. I work out because it makes me feel incredibly good, have a lot of confidence, and love seeing my body transform to exactly what I want it to be it gives me a sense of self-direction.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I feel that way sometimes, and it's perfectly normal. If workoing out felt great all the time, more people would likely be doing it.

I have spent months merely going through the motions in the gym, feeling tired and depressed, not seeing any gains whatsoever. But I feel I've worked out long enough to know that it's worth the time and effort.
Espi,

I did bodybuilding during my first years. I got what you describe too for the first time after I think 3-4 years.

Let's be honest. You train hard, you check your diet & one day you get the physique you want. It's then that it starts to get boring.

"The bicycle is only stable if it keeps going forward"

When I switched to strength as the main focus, I never experienced the same thing. Strength = sky is the limit. You can hardly achieve your goal, there's always room to improve.

And to my own surprise, my physique got even better when strength was the goal. Go figure.

Maybe something to think about.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stronglifts said:
I did bodybuilding during my first years.
You did? How did you like it? How old were you when you did it? From what I've seen it's pretty political. One thing I did notice though while I was at my buddies contest(placed 2nd) is that EVERY chick there was hot or at least in shape.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
You did? How did you like it? How old were you when you did it? From what I've seen it's pretty political. One thing I did notice though while I was at my buddies contest(placed 2nd) is that EVERY chick there was hot or at least in shape.
I never competed lol. What I mean is that I lifted weight for bodybuilding purposes: didn't care about the weight I lifted, only cared about being ripped & getting the muscles pumped.

Back then Arnold's Encyclopedia was my "coach" ;)

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
I feel fat and lazy when I don't work out.

Don't you love the afterworkout burn/sore?

I also like to stay in shape, especially compared to all the other whales in the American Population

the ego boost is cool too.

I play sports recreatively, football, running, bball, tennis etc etc, It's nice to be able to perform well in comparison to people who don't work out.

health.

I think I get sick less often since i started working out

Incubus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea I thought about asking this in the bodybuilding.com forums but then realized how biased that answer would be.

Yea I think I might just need a week off since I haven't taken off since late march.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I think part of being a DJ is not only being able to get girls, but also being able to dominate other men.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
This is actually the first I've actually LMAO at something someone posted online. That's so funny.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Physical aspect (Aesthetics)
- Strength (Men are supposed to be strong)
- Develops discipline (Sticking to a training regime & strict diet)
- I enjoy getting DOMS the next day
- Endorphins
- Hobby

toldyaso

Reaction score
Ok, I don't mean to start anything, but I've just been thinking a lot lately. First of all, I work out all the time....still. In high school I made all conference in baseball and football, and outlifted most of the linemen as a linebacker/safety. So I've kept working out this last year and this summer. But lately I've been wondering what's the point. Before I had a motivation to get stronger and faster so I could be a better athlete. Well, I don't play sports anymore, as I'm a full time student at wisconsin. Also, competing against my teammates to see who could lift more was awesome, but now I have no teammates.

Lately when I work out I still love the feeling, but at the end of the day I'm not sure why I do it anymore. So I can bench 280 pounds....so what? It seems to me like it doesn't matter anymore. lol not to mention squats...why bother anymore? Not only that but it's a hassle sometimes....I don't work as much as I could to make time to work out, and I go to bed early in the summertime (well, earlyish, 12-1am) to get up at 9 and go workout. Not to mention that I could be making more money in that time, or pursuing my other passion, music.

I'm not saying I'd be a total bum, as I'd still eat healthy and stay active with recreational sports...but even then do girls really care about a guy being ripped as opposed to just toned?

By the way, I've never worked out to get girls, I've always done it for me. Sorry if this is pointless, I just feel kinda down right now and trying to see if I'm doing the right decisions with my life and I guess I needed to get this out.

If you don't workout, how do you expect to lift your car off the ground with one arm and twist off lug nuts with the other if you don't have a jack. If you don't workout how are you going to carry I beams up a building and turn the bolts. if you don't workout, how will you open a jar of pickles. Those are all great reasons to lift weights.

toldyaso

Reaction score
jacking off in front of a mirror is more enjoyable
if you don't lift weights, how will you be strong enough to actually move your **** with your own hand; great reason to working out. Heck, if you don't lift BRO, you won't have the strength to get your pants off. JUST NOTICED THAT THE WORD D I C K WAS CENSORED; that could be offensive, there's people whom d i c k is their name. NOT PC, PC POLICE, NO NO NO!!!!!

toldyaso

Reaction score
I lift for looks. That being said, lifting I think develops more than just muscles. It builds discipline and devotion. And its been said that excercise makes you feel better. I wholeheartedly agree with that.
Never lift, that's the quickest way to shift gears, not sure if it's good for the engine or transmission but hey, you're either first or last.