“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

How I got Gaslighted.

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
I didn't give a definition of gaslighting, so I'm not sure what you mean. If you honestly think that men gaslight as much as women, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Most guys I know, if they're f*cked off at you, man or woman, they'll come straight out and tell you. They don't beat around the bush, they aren't passive agressive, they don't give you this snarky f*ck off vibe, they don't confront you through their comments to other people. They don't brush off your concerns, they don't tell you that you are too sensitive, they don't then turn around and do the exact same thing that they don't want done to them, to the guy. If you don't think that's not more commonplace in your interactions with women than men, I want to run in your crowd, because mine is skewed way to the side of women and their sh*tty, passive agressive, gaslighting behavior.
None of the behaviors you mentioned is gaslighting, as I said I think your definition is way too broad. Gaslighting is to lie and make the victim doubt themselves so much that they'll believe the lies. That's all there is to the definition of gaslighting.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
896
None of the behaviors you mentioned is gaslighting, as I said I think your definition is way too broad. Gaslighting is to lie and make the victim doubt themselves so much that they'll believe the lies. That's all there is to the definition of gaslighting.
That's part of it but as a whole, the goal of gaslighting is to throw people off balance so you can get your way. That includes things like attention drawing fights, passive agressive behavior, running you down to people to get them on their side and generally having them abandon you.

1. They tell blatant lies.
2. They deny they ever said something, even though you have proof.
3. They use what is near and dear to you as ammunition.
4. They wear you down over time.
5. Their actions do not match their words.
6. They throw in positive reinforcement to confuse you.
7. They know confusion weakens people.
8. They project.
9. They try to align people against you.
10. They tell you or others that you are crazy.
11. They tell you everyone else is a liar.


This is all an attempt to get you to do what they want, be what they want and to use you. What they do with you after they get what they want, well that could be anything.
 

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
896
Picking fights about something completely unrelated to what's bothering you is almost the definition of gaslighting, especially when it's used as a pretext for a breakup. This is almost universal behavior too. Just imagine the raw selfishness of allowing another human being to writhe in pain beating themself up over "causing" a relationship ending fight while you know it's a complete fabrication.
agreed, not sure what the hell that other jagoff is talking about. What I've defined is what I live through and what gaslighting is. Don't try and tell someone who goes through it on a regular basis that they don't know what gaslighting is.

I always think of that classic eddie murphy skit of the definition of gaslighting:
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
That's part of it but as a whole, the goal of gaslighting is to throw people off balance so you can get your way. That includes things like attention drawing fights, passive agressive behavior, running you down to people to get them on their side and generally having them abandon you.

1. They tell blatant lies.
2. They deny they ever said something, even though you have proof.
3. They use what is near and dear to you as ammunition.
4. They wear you down over time.
5. Their actions do not match their words.
6. They throw in positive reinforcement to confuse you.
7. They know confusion weakens people.
8. They project.
9. They try to align people against you.
10. They tell you or others that you are crazy.
11. They tell you everyone else is a liar.


This is all an attempt to get you to do what they want, be what they want and to use you. What they do with you after they get what they want, well that could be anything.
Ok, now we agree on the definition in a clear way!

It is not my impression that most women does this though and it's not caused by a failure to recognize it on my part, I have seen it done by multiple people, but far from most I've met. I say people because I have definitely also witnessed firsthand men doing this, and not to any noticably smaller extent than women. So I continue to disagree on that point.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
SOP for most ladies in today's dating market. Men have to work and live in a state of abundance; like the ladies. Yes. It's harder than it appears, but that is what's needed to succeed in life and with the ladies.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
agreed, not sure what the hell that other jagoff is talking about. What I've defined is what I live through and what gaslighting is. Don't try and tell someone who goes through it on a regular basis that they don't know what gaslighting is.

I always think of that classic eddie murphy skit of the definition of gaslighting:
One better.



 

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
896
Ok, now we agree on the definition in a clear way!

It is not my impression that most women does this though and it's not caused by a failure to recognize it on my part, I have seen it done by multiple people, but far from most I've met. I say people because I have definitely also witnessed firsthand men doing this, and not to any noticably smaller extent than women. So I continue to disagree on that point.
not sure what to tell you. perhaps you've been luckier than most as it relates to dealing with women. women are naturals at gaslighting. that's also why they have higher rates of mental illness than men. it's hardwired in them to have emotional issues.
 

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
43
Location
NY
I think these are examples of gaslighting.

1.
Both girls, one said my mom would really like you, we should meet her, not now of course but I donno sometime.
Another girl handed me her phone and I said hello to her mother in the Netherlands, but she said she didn't tell her who I was. Her mother actually thought I was a fat guy in one of her other pictures.

2.
Coincindentally, both girls were 24. We went to the same mall on separate occasions.
Girl #1 wanted to go into swimsuit store, but I couldn't go in with her.
Girl #2 went to a sports store and bought bras and we joked about it.

3. Both were psyche majors. Time between dating them has been 4 yrs separating the two.
Actually Girl #1 wanted to add me on linkedin, I guess she wants to gaslight again lol.

Neither of them made out with me 3rd date.
Both deemed gaslighters by me by 2nd date.
But there's some weird attraction to these girls that you know are not interested in you and you can just say anything.
I guess its the unpredictableness.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top