That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
Asking her out is not saying you like her. It implies that you have interest and wish to become better friends with her.Originally posted by snareknight08
You make it sound so easy. I guess I could ask her out tomorrow but that would be saying I like her or that would be showing it with actions (which is what I want to do right?) Oh well, anymore advice is welcome.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
Start a new thread.i kinda got a question based off of one of snares questions. i havnt been in the high school dating scene to long( im still a sophomre) so when your asking em out. Do you ask em on a date or to go out with you.
Oh and really the reason for this post is to keep my situation updated if anyone is bothering to keep tabs on it at all (other than idiot_boyfriend) which I'm pretty sure is keeping his eye on it