Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has anyone tried fasting? How effective was it?

Sunnypoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never fasted. I eat healthy 3x a day, same portion size every day and adjust as needed. I also exercise every day mixing cardio with weights. I have maintained my weight with a 2-3 lb. +/- fluctuation for the past 25 yrs.

One of my friends does fasting once in a while. He does it more as a means to cleanse his system rather than for weight loss.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heard of fasting 2 years ago. Started doing it myself 7 months ago. Finally got my 6 pack.

Fasting not only helped to lose the last resistance of belly fat, but also helped to know the exact value of food. Realized that 70% of what I was buying before was completly unnecessary.
It also helps me to be more focused.

GearsGod310

Don Juan
Reaction score
All this counting calories and fasting sounds too complicated. Just go to the gym, lift weights, do cardio and eat alot food with high nutritional value and drink lots of water.. dont make things complicated

logicallefty

Reaction score
I fast once a month or so for the cleansing reason, not for weight loss. I feel great after. Weight does come off when I do it but then when I start eating again it comes right back.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All this counting calories and fasting sounds too complicated. Just go to the gym, lift weights, do cardio and eat alot food with high nutritional value and drink lots of water.. dont make things complicated
What's sooo complicated about 'not eating'?

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not eat when you're just hungry ? But eat something healthy lol
If you eat, you lose survival mode. In this mode your body burns fat and forces your brain to be more focused by fear of dying.
Our ancestors couldn't afford to eat everyday and all the time, their brain was constantly pushing them to hunt and find food. But once they found food and could finally eat, their brain could relax and live another day.

GearsGod310

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you eat, you lose survival mode. In this mode your body burns fat and forces your brain to be more focused by fear of dying.
Our ancestors couldn't afford to eat everyday and all the time, their brain was constantly pushing them to hunt and find food. But once they found food and could finally eat, their brain could relax and live another day.
So I'm a constant fear of dying?
I eat when I'm hungry I just eat healthy.

Attachments

R

Ranger

I don't think you get the point
There is also something called apoptosis. When cells die or damaged, fasting burns them up as metabolic fuel. It’s how the body strips the dead cells out. Free radicals are removed and broken down.
Three meals a day is certainly the wrong model. The body runs optimumly on one meal a day with a two or three day fast, off and on. Say once a month.
I’ve been doing it most of a year and now I eat one meal a day most days. Between 4:00 and 6:00 pm, about an hour after my workouts.

The calories in, calories out model is a lie. Metabolic optimization and science say it’s a lie.
Just like low fat diets killed a lot of people. A lot.
Low sodium diets dropped heart patients like flies and they dropped the study.

GearsGod310

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is also something called apoptosis. When cells die or damaged, fasting burns them up as metabolic fuel. It’s how the body strips the dead cells out. Free radicals are removed and broken down.
Three meals a day is certainly the wrong model. The body runs optimumly on one meal a day with a two or three day fast, off and on. Say once a month.
I’ve been doing it most of a year and now I eat one meal a day most days. Between 4:00 and 6:00 pm, about an hour after my workouts.

The calories in, calories out model is a lie. Metabolic optimization and science say it’s a lie.
Just like low fat diets killed a lot of people. A lot.
Low sodium diets dropped heart patients like flies and they dropped the study.
I believe you. Can i see how its worked for you?

GearsGod310

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any aches and pains you have will go away. I’m carrying a bit of shrapnel but it doesn’t bother me any.
Would you say fasting would work for a soccer player ? I train everyday and do intense cardio. Would it get me leaner??

R

Ranger

Would you say fasting would work for a soccer player ? I train everyday and do intense cardio. Would it get me leaner??
Yes. But I would start every other day and just go till noon.
So let’s say you didn’t eat past 7:00 pm
Then not eat again till noon the next day. Roughly a 16-17 hour fast.

The most important part, hands down, is HOW you break your fast. Do a search on keto fat bombs. Find the one you like and use it every time you break a fast. If you go right back to burning sugar by feeding yourself grains and sugars...then don’t even fast. Wasted effort.

I don’t believe you will be able to fast every day to start with. If you are a sugar burner (grains, process foods, sugar, etc), you will really struggle until you get your body becomes “fat adapted”.
This is when your body starts running on fat. It’s high octane fuel. Seriously. No exaggeration.
Read the book “Primal blueprint”

The second book is “Primal Endurance” which, in your case, you will need to read.
These days I download them on Audible and listen to them. This is a whole new universe of energy and performance. The writer was a world class triathlon champion. He knows his stuff. His partner was an Olympic level bicycle and marathoner. They both team up to write “Primal Endurance”

You can be as cut as you want. Soon you will be running sprints like me. NOTHING cuts a man up like sprints. When marathoners go keto and do sprints and less road work...they become champions.

R

Ranger

90% of your gains will be from being a fat burner. It’s the diet that transforms you metabolic systems. You turn the sugar/ fat storage gene off and turn on your cave man gene.
This is science. Fully documented. Carb loading trashes an endurance athlete’s body until he is a ragged shell and retires young. Joints and tendons and ligaments completely destroyed.
Most of your diet, over 50% of intake, needs to be good quality fats. That will be your fuel now.

TheTurtle

Don Juan
Reaction score
IF has worked well for me at a couple of things. First, it does help A LOT with fat/weight loss. 8pm-noon the next day works pretty good for me. I've done an 18 hour fast before as well, even got a pretty good workout in during it. The other thing it has helped with has been controlling my blood sugars (Type 1 Diabetes). I'm on an insulin pump and the thing just hums right along , adjusting insulin delivery in real time based on my blood sugar. Less food in your system helps to increase insulin sensitivity which results in less insulin being used or produced.

I say give it an honest effort of a week and then make a decision about whether it is right for you.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fast 16 hours everyday. The biggest change I noticed was that I no longer feel like I need a nap halfway through the day. Sometimes I have to force myself to go to sleep. Even smoking weed doesn't make me sleepy anymore

bobafatt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. But I would start every other day and just go till noon.
So let’s say you didn’t eat past 7:00 pm
Then not eat again till noon the next day. Roughly a 16-17 hour fast.

The most important part, hands down, is HOW you break your fast. Do a search on keto fat bombs. Find the one you like and use it every time you break a fast. If you go right back to burning sugar by feeding yourself grains and sugars...then don’t even fast. Wasted effort.

I don’t believe you will be able to fast every day to start with. If you are a sugar burner (grains, process foods, sugar, etc), you will really struggle until you get your body becomes “fat adapted”.
This is when your body starts running on fat. It’s high octane fuel. Seriously. No exaggeration.
Read the book “Primal blueprint”

The second book is “Primal Endurance” which, in your case, you will need to read.
These days I download them on Audible and listen to them. This is a whole new universe of energy and performance. The writer was a world class triathlon champion. He knows his stuff. His partner was an Olympic level bicycle and marathoner. They both team up to write “Primal Endurance”

You can be as cut as you want. Soon you will be running sprints like me. NOTHING cuts a man up like sprints. When marathoners go keto and do sprints and less road work...they become champions.

Yo this is solid advice i gota say. I have been fasting now for around 3 months and its been the best decision i made to lose weight, I went from 84.5kg to 77.5kg but there is still a long way to go. Like Ranger says its really important to break your fast correctly otherwise all the hard work will be lost.

Ranger i am interested to know what a keto fat bomb is? Is it a supplement you buy or make yourself? I am from the UK so there isnt alot i can find about this...

I will start to break my fast know with more fatty foods rather then the grains/sugars you are talking about..

But yeah IF was a gamechanger for me in more ways than one!