Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GUIDE TO BULKING UP

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump..

hey cutler.. want to handle the cutting guide? I'm pretty busy these days.

peace,
D

gotnone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand how to read it.

Protein: 1.3-1.5g / # of body weight
Carbs: 2-3g/ # of body weight
Fat .33 - .5g / # of body weight

I'm 110 lb.

Steve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gotnone:
I don't understand how to read it.

Protein: 1.3-1.5g / # of body weight
Carbs: 2-3g/ # of body weight
Fat .33 - .5g / # of body weight

I'm 110 lb.
That means you multiply 110 x 1.3 or 1.4 or 1.5 and that output of that result is the amount of protein you should be taking each day. He doesn't mean divide by using '/' he means 'per'. Ex. 1.5 grams PER #body weight.

gotnone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How come ranged? Why not specifically 1.3 or something? Is lower more accurate? Or higher?

[This message has been edited by gotnone (edited 09-20-2002).]

Steve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dude it's not like if you're off by .02grams your body is gonna shut down on you. He's just laying out approximate figures for guidelines man.

I eat a lot of proteins in my normal diet, meat everyday and drink milk so 3-4 glasses of milk roughly thats about 30grams + my lunch and dinner meats of about 35grams (probably less) = around 65 grams of protein right there...

So I am just gonna take about 55 grams supplement of protein each day when I get the stuff next week for approximately a total of 120grams of protein a day. I currently weigh 108 lbs.

120 divided by 108 = APPROXIMATELY 1.1 grams per lbs of body weight of protein a day. Some days I will be averaging more protein, some days will be less! Dude once again, don't freak over being off a bit... just use the numbers as guidelines.

[This message has been edited by Steve (edited 09-20-2002).]

~UnDisputed~

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
aight D, youve got some great info here.

gotta Q though. i have football practice, we lift three days a week. so basically theres no way around cardio...i know my main target is performance but im still looking to get "even more" cut. will it effect me trying to get cut doing the cardio?
(i practice six days a week, and only lift three)

oh yeah, any tips on what to eat without hurting my performance on the field while still trying to cut up?

i know im asking alot, but dawg you tha best here

anyway...
~1~

------------------
~rEpResEnt ThaT~

BallZ of SteeL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Demon:
Diesel, you've always been a ****head around here, but thanks for posting this guide.
thats a smart way to say "thanks" !

------------------
~BallZ of SteeL.

a DJ project under heavy conrstuction.

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok you know you've given all these measurements or protein, carb etc. well is there like an actual guide or menu of the things to eat every day to get the right nutrients?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they sell nutritional almanacs at any big bookstore, like Barnes and Noble, Borders, Amazon, B Daltons, etc... that have the nutritional stats of basically every food you can ram down your throat.

Every serious trainer should have one.

D

BallZ of SteeL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey D...what you say on stuff like weight gainers (im bulking now @13% bf!) my problem is that i really cant eat enough everyday, and i NEED quick meal replacements to get enough calories specially protien, what should i do?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
give them a shot, as long as you don't get fat.. also make sure to get as much protein as you can.. keeping around the guidelines I set out in the original post at the beginning of the thread.

D

BigManB69

Banned
Reaction score
Diesel, your guide was helpful, and this is what I am now doing.

Workout 4 times per week
Eat 3000 calories per day
Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night

However, can you give me a GOOD workout plan for those 4 days I work out?

My goal is to gain mass. I am 5'7, 140 right now but want to get to 150 or 155. I plan to be to at least 150 by the middle of December.

Thank You

Lilredplaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cardio will fock you up when bulking. The ONLY way you should do cardio while bulking is if you take in as much calories as you burned during it.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diesel,

Whenever I work out I seem to get dizzy/light-headed after each set. Is this normal? I actually have to take a water break after every 1-2 reps.

.Drow
who'd like to know.

------------------
You are what you make your self.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If this is a beginner's guide to bulking up.. I need an ignorant's guide then. I don't understand much of it.

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cutler:
vronski...

i agree with diesel
are you telling me that I am all wrong too?
I am 5'7 220lb's @ 8% bodyfat.

I warm up for 10minutes, followed by 10minutes of stretching.

i aint the biggest guy, but i've been training for years.

for a true hardgainer, cardio is going to do nothing but burn excess calories...

when you are bulking, you try to keep physical activity to a minimum. i still do cardio once or twice a week, for cardiovascular health.

but it is not as though you wil grow so big overnight that your heart cannot adapt to your body.

please educate yourself about this.
By cardio you're not burning a lot of calories. you're doing it for only 15-20 minutes before the workout. This gets your heart going and you will be able to last longer throughout the workout. Calories shouldnt be a problem. Just eat a bit more.

And yes, running alone you will never get you big, but combined with workouts it will help you.

If the top guys didnt need running, they wouldnt be doing it. They would just save the calories, as you say.

I'm just telling you what worked for me. I was 77kg(170 pounds), 6 feet 2 years ago. Then I hit the gym. Right now I'm 105 kg (230 lbs) and still growing. I have about 20-30 lbs of fat, but I need the belly to continue growing.

If I run for 20 minutes before workout, then I can do last sets much easier then without the running.

BTW: I also have to mention that I swim sprint competitively, so my opinions are a bit biased, since I still need some cardio.

By no means I wanna argue, but since this is the ultimate bulk up guide I was temted to insert my 2 cents, cause its nice to feel big AND healthy, not just big.

------------------
_-=/Comrade Vronski\=-_