Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Grow A Beard

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicks dig it...

A study has discovered that women are more attracted to men who have beards.
The research showed that this was the case because beards made men seem more physically and socially dominant.

However, they were not seen as a sign of cleanliness and so those women who did not like hairy faces may have been turned off by the fear that they may contain fleas or lice - which may have an evolutionary root.

Those same women, who preferred a shaven face, were found to be the most afraid of parasites such as pests, like ticks, or pubic lice.
The study was conducted on almost 1,000 American woman who were quizzed about their attitudes towards facial hair in partners.

Men with a more masculine, bearded face were rated the most attractive by the women for both relationship lengths.

In almost all scenarios the more facially masculine photos were rated as more attractive than the feminised photos.

The research team, led by PhD student Tessa Clarkson, recommended several reasons why this could be.

Firstly, masculine faces signal a physically stronger and more socially dominant male.

Secondly, facial hair emphasises masculine traits like a large jaw while also hiding unattractive parts of the face.
But, women who showed fear over hair or skin based parasites did not like those men with beards.

Researchers at the University of Queensland in Australia showed 919 women, who were aged between 18 and 70, 30 images of three different men.
The men’s faces had been photographed with a full beard, without a beard and after being photoshopped to appear either more masculine or more feminine.

The features which most clearly indicated a masculine face were a protruding brow ridge, a thick jawline, deeply set but narrow eyes and widened cheek bones.

When the participants were shown the images they had to rate their attractiveness for both a long-term relationship and a short-term relationship on a scale from zero to 100.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's all fine and good, but what a woman says in response to a photoshopped picture in a crummy survey is WILDLY different from how a woman actually reacts sexually and emotionally to a living, breathing man that is in front of them.

Realistically, whether you have facial hair or not isn't likely to make one speck of difference when it comes to consistently attracting women. It's never going to be the limiting factor in your success.

Grow a beard because you fvcking like the way it looks on yourself and it's part of your aesthetic, not because some article from a trash "news" publication whose front page story is "Instagram model who shares feet snaps says going viral 'ruined her life'" says that girls like it. They don't even cite the damn source.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's totally true. What do you think the biological purpose of a beard is? It's not to catch spaghetti

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does the beard serve an evolutionary purpose?
Perhaps the lack of a beard (on women) serves some evolutionary purpose? Like to make them look more childlike and vulnerable, so we are drawn to them and want to protect them?

It doesn't surprise me that women would find beards attractive. If the feminine is attracted to the masculine, growing a beard is strictly a male/masculine trait. Bearded ladies aside.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The face and neck are vulnerable areas. If you were an early human man out foraging for food for the family, and got attacked by rabid flying squirrels, the beard makes it harder to get bitten.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I certainly hope a day will come when someone creates a lotion to stop facial hair.

I need to shave twice in a single fvcking day at least 3 times per week.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve literally had girls approach me DTF because of my beard. Ive turned down jobs because they required me to shave.

It just seems to me like a beard is something all men should have, it’s like an hourglass figure on a woman.1BE27AFD-42F9-4B6C-9241-ECA88F19E521.jpeg

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were an early human man out foraging for food for the family, and got attacked by rabid flying squirrels, the beard makes it harder to get bitten.
Yeah, cuz the squirrel gets in there and thinks "hey, this is pretty comfortable" and gently falls asleep, forgetting all about biting you.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the facial bone structure described above as such I never put much emphasis on growing a beard as I felt that it would cover one of my best features. The only facial hair that I have ever grown has been a goat T or a 5 o clock shadow. The main difference I see is that when I have facial hair the women will gently touch my face and play with my facial hair kinda how when I shave my head they will rub my head and play with it. I think that if you have a masculine looking face you shouldn't cover it up with a beard , but instead you should accentuate it with a 5 o clock shadow.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I certainly hope a day will come when someone creates a lotion to stop facial hair.

I need to shave twice in a single fvcking day at least 3 times per week.
My hair, all my hair grows out fast. I have to shave daily but sometimes 36 hours in between ornelse it gets too rough. On top of that I have sensitive skin especially to shaving. Even the barbers at the barber shop comment.

Shaving sucks but I dont want a beard rather have a baby face.

Why does my hair grow so fast? Do I have too much testosterone built up? It means I need to get laid more or fap more?

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grow a beard quickly but after a week or so it takes on a dirty middle easterner look if that makes any sense....too thick and dark.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. Do I really need to spell out that beards are there to enlarge the face/jawline and make men appear more dominant. It's called secondary sex characteristic. It's an easy way to make an animal look more formidable. Lion's use exactly the same trick with manes

You guys need to read more Darwin

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve literally had girls approach me DTF because of my beard. Ive turned down jobs because they required me to shave.

It just seems to me like a beard is something all men should have, it’s like an hourglass figure on a woman.View attachment 3383
You look like a stereotype of womens' short term mating preference, lol. Well adapted to the market.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew a beard at 29 and haven't looked back. It was like a new me. My jawline isn't terrible, but I'm not lantern-jawed. And my facial features, let's just say, are not those of the Marlboro Man. But I do have great hair and a good full beard, by full I mean not patchy. Dark brown which brings out the eyes. I've got Mediterranean features so I roll with what works for me. The beard now has a few whites in it but not too much, which women love. But above all I prefer the way I look with it; I wear it well.

I also lift and work out so I'm not one of those skinny beardos you see in fancy coffee shops. And I keep it pretty short. But even if I shaved every day, I get 5 o'clock shadow....my beard just comes back with a vengeance so why repress it.

Your mileage may vary....some guys just look better with, some without.