Grow A Beard

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicks dig it...

A study has discovered that women are more attracted to men who have beards.
The research showed that this was the case because beards made men seem more physically and socially dominant.

However, they were not seen as a sign of cleanliness and so those women who did not like hairy faces may have been turned off by the fear that they may contain fleas or lice - which may have an evolutionary root.

Those same women, who preferred a shaven face, were found to be the most afraid of parasites such as pests, like ticks, or pubic lice.
The study was conducted on almost 1,000 American woman who were quizzed about their attitudes towards facial hair in partners.

Men with a more masculine, bearded face were rated the most attractive by the women for both relationship lengths.

In almost all scenarios the more facially masculine photos were rated as more attractive than the feminised photos.

The research team, led by PhD student Tessa Clarkson, recommended several reasons why this could be.

Firstly, masculine faces signal a physically stronger and more socially dominant male.

Secondly, facial hair emphasises masculine traits like a large jaw while also hiding unattractive parts of the face.
But, women who showed fear over hair or skin based parasites did not like those men with beards.

Researchers at the University of Queensland in Australia showed 919 women, who were aged between 18 and 70, 30 images of three different men.
The men’s faces had been photographed with a full beard, without a beard and after being photoshopped to appear either more masculine or more feminine.

The features which most clearly indicated a masculine face were a protruding brow ridge, a thick jawline, deeply set but narrow eyes and widened cheek bones.

When the participants were shown the images they had to rate their attractiveness for both a long-term relationship and a short-term relationship on a scale from zero to 100.
Its just a trend dude. It will go to another look in another decade. Duck Dynasty started the latest beard surge.
The sad thing is the amount of copy cat wannabes who can't find their own look.

The amount of Camo laden F150 beard bandanna wearing wannabe cucks that surged around here was actually comical.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few – not the unwashed masses.

If you think you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – and wish to continue being so – then skip this. It's too much power for you.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just a trend dude. It will go to another look in another decade. Duck Dynasty started the latest beard surge.
The sad thing is the amount of copy cat wannabes who can't find their own look.

The amount of Camo laden F150 beard bandanna wearing wannabe cucks that surged around here was actually comical.
Duck Dynasty? I'm pretty sure men have been growing beards since the dawn of man.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My
Duck Dynasty? I'm pretty sure men have been growing beards since the dawn of man.
My father and uncle always had them. Some people follow trends, and others set them. I've been wearing the same hairstyle since my 20s. Let everyone else follow trends. I'll just sit right here keeping the classics warm.

Last edited:
Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Duck Dynasty? Never heard of 'em."

Dude im 45. Ive seen a few fashion fads. If you like a beard. Have one. If you don't shave. Don't let a woman dictate your look. Especially zztop.
Look and feel like you want to.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude im 45. Ive seen a few fashion fads. If you like a beard. Have one. If you don't shave. Don't let a woman dictate your look. Especially zztop.
I'd love to have one of those crazy mountain man beards. I just don't have the patience to go through the different stages to get it to that point. Do women like that look? I have no idea.

I've seen a lot of different polls on facial hair that said completely different things. I think a lot of it comes down to fashion, like you said earlier. The stubble look seems to usually be popular. Sometimes just a moustache finishes in last place, sometimes not. I've seen polls where women liked cleanshaven the least, and others where it was the overwhelming favorite. Who knows? Do what you like.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to have one of those crazy mountain man beards. I just don't have the patience to go through the different stages to get it to that point. Do women like that look? I have no idea.

I've seen a lot of different polls on facial hair that said completely different things. I think a lot of it comes down to fashion, like you said earlier. The stubble look seems to usually be popular. Sometimes just a moustache finishes in last place, sometimes not. I've seen polls where women liked cleanshaven the least, and others where it was the overwhelming favorite. Who knows? Do what you like.
Me personally. I shave. Its just me. Maybe later i will. By shaving my age perception can very and i have been mistaken for early 30s.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Grow a beard because you fvcking like the way it looks on yourself and it's part of your aesthetic, not because some article from a trash "news" publication.... don't even cite the damn source.
This.
I clean shave every day except when I forget. I do it because I want to look this way. The only reason men grow beards all that much in the modern age is because they are convinced it matters - that it makes them look more masculine. This wasn't necessary last century, most young men were actually clean-shaven or maybe had just a mustache and not a full beard.

Look, if you're convinced you look too boyish, then by all means, don't be afraid to experiment with your facial hair. Just don't take the whole thing too far. You're constantly being bombarded with "you have too much hair, you don't have enough hair." If you listen to every such demand you'll be miserable.

Some people insist that having a beard makes you less susceptible to certain pollen allergies, but I think that might just be propaganda.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only reason men grow beards all that much in the modern age is because they are convinced it matters - that it makes them look more masculine.
I wouldn't say that necessarily. Some guys just don't like to shave. I hate to shave myself, but I opt for clean shaven based more on feel rather than looks. I like the way my face feels better without the scratchy hair. That's propped up by the fact that my facial hair comes in gray now, so it makes me look older - which in turn makes me feel older.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that necessarily. Some guys just don't like to shave. I hate to shave myself, but I opt for clean shaven based more on feel rather than looks. I like the way my face feels better without the scratchy hair. That's propped up by the fact that my facial hair comes in gray now, so it makes me look older - which in turn makes me feel older.
My dad was a WW2 vet, and had a beard....my uncle, too. Both dead, now, and neither man a hipster. I'm a Boomer, too old to be a hipster(shudder), and my beard comes in gray, too. I couldn't care less, though, because every image of a greek god has a gray beard. I wouldn't dream of dying my hair; I'm just glad I still have a full head of it.

bcude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a beard, something between 10-20 days, but once i shaved cleanly and my gf at the time asked me. "who's this boy and what have you done to my man?"
I let that speak for itself.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't care less, though, because every image of a greek god has a gray beard.
Not entirely true, but it's a nice idea. Anyway, I can't be arsed to dye my hair either. Although I recall there was a period on this forum where guys were swearing that dying their hair resulted in better results with women. I've always thought that dying it was a sign of weakness or femininity to some extent, but whatever. A lot of the time it looks unnatural, but I've known a few guys who dyed it where I had no idea. One of them was gay, and the other was from India, so the black hair looked natural on him.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meh... I don't like how scratchy beards get, but I also don't like to shave much so I usually have a 2-3 days shadow which I think makes me look better. I had a goatee for years and some of my coworkers have said I should grow it back, but that was even more work than shaving itself and my beard isn't what you'd call symmetrical so another reason not to have one.

What are y'all's thoughts on salt n pepper beards?

I'm not gray on my head almost at all (slowly losing hair tho), but my beard has some gray, some brown, some red and some blonde (go figure) i usually shave before going out since losing the gray in the beard helps me look the 34-ish most people usually guess for me.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been looking into a hair transplant recently, and now legit wondering how much it'll cost extra if I ask them to give me a beard aswell.

Worth it if girls think they're hot
Noooooo

What hair are they going to transplant onto your face? Your pubes? You'll either have soft head hair on your face, or pubes. Either way you'll look like a freak lol

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not entirely true, but it's a nice idea. Anyway, I can't be arsed to dye my hair either. Although I recall there was a period on this forum where guys were swearing that dying their hair resulted in better results with women. I've always thought that dying it was a sign of weakness or femininity to some extent, but whatever. A lot of the time it looks unnatural, but I've known a few guys who dyed it where I had no idea. One of them was gay, and the other was from India, so the black hair looked natural on him.
Unless you have blonde or raven hair, you'd never get a good match anyway. Mine is dirty blond to light brown, and about 3 different shades. So, the gray blends right in. Probably about 20% gray. My facial hair has gone almost white. I couldn't dye it, even if I wanted to, without looking like a vain fruit. I'll just keep telling myself I look like Zeus.

Now that I think about it, I knew a guy in his early 60s, about 20yrs ago. Not a gray hair on his head. His hair was medium brown, and every hair the exact same shade, as far as I could tell. I used to rib him about dying his hair. He swore he didn't. I didn't believe him.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His hair was medium brown, and every hair the exact same shade, as far as I could tell. I used to rib him about dying his hair. He swore he didn't. I didn't believe him.
That's a telltale sign, all right. IIRC some types of dyes will result in a different shade, depending on the original color of the hair. Like henna-based dyes, for instance. I imagine such a dye would result in different shades on your head, if you have different gradations of hair color to begin with. Like my hair is gray, but it's many different shades of gray, anywhere from dark gray to medium gray to silver to white. I'm no expert on hair dyes though, so what do I know?

"You think men like Thomas Wayne ever think what it's like to be somebody like me? To be somebody but themselves? They don't. They think that we'll just sit there and take it like good little boys. That we won't werewolf and go wild."
- Joker

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look and feel like you want to.
I'm joking around bro. I didn't say anything about letting a woman dictate anything...lighten up.