Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend met Ex boyfriend.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all,

Girlfriend told me ex boyfriend has contacted her (which shes messaged back) and turning up at her place unannounced. She met him for coffee (red flag) without telling me to tell him she wants nothing to do with him anymore. He got angry and hounding her. She's rung the police on him and told me she loves me. I trust her but ffs. I'm too old for this shlt.

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay. I'm always concerned when an ex opens a door for another ex just from my past experience. It's like emotional cheating regardless if anything happened or not. It's just the drama element that is going on also. Women feed off drama. They'll say they don't but the truth is they do. I'm not sure how old you are and how old she is. If she is younger she will do this again at some point. If she is older and you are older, it could be because of the situation you might be in with money/security/career. Showing that you are the better choice. So clarify a bit with the ages.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay. I'm always concerned when an ex opens a door for another ex just from my past experience. It's like emotional cheating regardless if anything happened or not. It's just the drama element that is going on also. Women feed off drama. They'll say they don't but the truth is they do. I'm not sure how old you are and how old she is. If she is younger she will do this again at some point. If she is older and you are older, it could be because of the situation you might be in with money/security/career. Showing that you are the better choice. So clarify a bit with the ages.
Hey mate,

We both mid thirties.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shes got a restraining order on him.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I would tell her “Oh you met him? I didn’t know we were having contact with our exes, I had stopped all contact with mine. Thanks for letting me know”. Now the ball is In her court to remedy the situation to your satisfaction. If she doesn’t then you are now in an open relationship and can go nail an ex or whoever else you want on the side. I always tell my LTRs that It’s going to be an equal playing field. If they are talking to exes then I will too. If they are seeing exes then I will too. If they have orbiters then I will too. Equal playing field

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meeting him up for coffee to tell him it's over doesn't add up, but she could have been conflicted. Wanted to see if the grass was greener, but he turned her off somehow and that's why she got the restraining order put on him. It's either that or she's lying to your face, but I would say you don't know which one it is yet. Give her time to reveal her cards. But still in any case, the fact that she chose to meet up with her ex in the first place is not a good sign regardless of what happens on their date or after.

Last edited:

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
Well obviously shes lying and she could of told him it was over on the phone, who the hell meets someone for coffee to tell them that?

And stop saying "I trust her" it clouds your judgment and makes you naive and easy to manipulate. She's just as capable of fvcking you over as anyone else.

As of now, just watch her and be vigilant, listen to your gut.

Me: I take your recent actions as very disrespectful to me and our relationship, I don't deal with women who messes with her exes in any way shape or form, if something like this happens again this relationship is over.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Meeting him up for coffee to tell him it's over doesn't add up, but she could have been conflicted. Wanted to see if the grass was greener, but he turned her off somehow and that's why she got the restraining order put on him. It's either that or she's lying to your face, but I would say you don't know which one it is yet. Give her time to reveal her cards. But still in any case, the fact that she chose to meet up with her ex in the first place is not a good sign regardless of what happens on their date or after.
Yes, this is my concern. Meeting up with an ex is not a good sign.

She was only with him for 2 months as well. Absolutely ridiculous. He's harressed her before as well before i started seeing her.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: I take your recent actions as very disrespectful to me and our relationship, I don't deal with women who messes with her exes in any way shape or form, if something like this happens again this relationship is over.
I'm of two minds about this. On one hand saying this to her may simply let her know what to hide, and even if you're of the opinion that what you don't know doesn't hurt you, it will affect the relationship in a negative way. On the other hand if you don't think you can say this to her because you can't trust her to respect it, and you instead just play it cool and see what she does, you could say what's the point of being in a "relationship" with a person you can't trust?

Hmmm....

Yes, this is my concern. Meeting up with an ex is not a good sign.

She was only with him for 2 months as well. Absolutely ridiculous. He's harressed her before as well before i started seeing her.
Well from the thread that LA85 linked, the joke is on you. You're still with a woman you should probably already have left, and now she's doing this. The precedent from that other thread definitely tints this event more negatively than before, but if you choose to stay with repeated bad behavior from her, it's on you.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just spoke to her. He got arrested and put in a cell as well. She made a statement to police.

Thats what she said. Having doubts about this whole thing lads. My gut is telling me.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm of two minds about this. On one hand saying this to her may simply let her know what to hide, and even if you're of the opinion that what you don't know doesn't hurt you, it will affect the relationship in a negative way. On the other hand if you don't think you can say this to her because you can't trust her to respect it, and you instead just play it cool and see what she does, you could say what's the point of being in a "relationship" with a person you can't trust?

Hmmm....

Well from the thread that LA85 linked, the joke is on you. You're still with a woman you should probably already have left, and now she's doing this. The precedent from that other thread definitely tints this event more negatively than before, but if you choose to stay with repeated bad behavior from her, it's on you.
You know what, your right.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
I'm of two minds about this. On one hand saying this to her may simply let her know what to hide, and even if you're of the opinion that what you don't know doesn't hurt you, it will affect the relationship in a negative way.
Look at it this way, I'm letting her know there's consequences for her actions, you can't control what someone does in general all you can do is have consequences set in place.

If she wants to hide it that's cool, I hope she is good at it because if she gets caught then you know the rest.

I'm not trying to prevent her from doing anything she wants to do, she can do whatever she wants, I'm not her father lol but as long as knows she will be single if she s caught.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Let me get this straight-

She had to meet him for coffee to tell him its over? Bullshyte
She has a restraining order on him but still happily met him for coffee? Bullshyte

You might not have enough self respect to do this, but I hope you do, because this is what Glassguy would do:

Nothing. Thats right, I wouldnt do anything. I wouldnt call her, I wouldnt message her, zilch.

Even if...and this is a big IF.....she stopped messaging him and didnt meet him again, she already messaged him AND met him behind your back. IF she came crawling back after you make no effort to contact her you will still carry the doubt about what is going on behind your back with you.

There are too many attractive and available chicks around to lose your self worth and respect over one.

So I would covertly ghost her in terms of you making any effort:
Her: Hey
Me: Hey
Her: Whats wrong
Me: Nothing
Her: Why are you acting weird?
Me: How am I acting weird
Her: You havent texted me or wanted to see me in 2 days
Me: Yeah. I need some time and space to figure out which direction I want to go. At this point I dont trust you so I have started chatting up other chicks. Good luck though

At that point her hamster will spin out of control. Then you walk away and leave her totally baffled.

Rule #1 for dating Glassguy- dont try to fvck me over and do things behind my back. If you do, I am instantly done with you. Instantly. Its an unspoken rule that I keep to myself but I totally stick to it.