"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

GF wants to see me, but can’t?

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
397
Reaction score
128
Age
32
Advice from the old lady:

According to what OP wrote this woman is having to retake her 2nd year of nursing school (means she is struggling to hack it), is doing an internship (probably in a nursing setting) AND is working a second job to pay her bills.

Its bad timing for her to be dating seems to me. Has little to do with OP. She doesn't have time to date anybody right now lest she fails at nursing school.

She has to make nursing top priority right now. That looks obvious to me. If OP likes her...be patient not pushy. She's under crazy pressure right now. Maybe you can date after the holidays. At least be supportive of her through her boards. That takes serious effort.

Just say..."Hey I know you're slammed right now. Reach out when you have time & lets get together then. Hope you do well on your exams."

Then be quiet & let her contact you. Easy.
Yeah, her internship is in a hospital in her town. She’s taking care of schizophrenics, people with Alzheimer’s, etc... it’s not pretty. She has an exam once or twice a week.

She has mentioned recently that she wants us to do something in January too... but I will let her bring that up when she’s ready.

I like her, and I know I’ve got to be patient. I can’t rush this.

She’s not a very expressive person... but I can tell you getting the “I want to see you text” from her at 5am was really nice.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
1,546
"I want to see you" + no actual actions or plans to see you = I don't really wanna see you, I just want you hooked on. I would go as far as saying this girl has already cheated or is on the verge of cheating and is feeling guilt so she is trying to compensate by saying "I wanna see you, I wanna see you" when she knows that's (according to her) logistically impossible.

You get my point? You tell someone you miss them and wanna see them once, maybe twice. But you make no concrete plans to see the person and you just keep telling them you wanna see them...sounds suspicious at least.
 

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
1,546
Plus, if she's a girlfriend to you, she is definitely not making you her top priority and has placed her nursing school over you. I know some here might call me crazy and say that "hey, people wanna fulfill their goals bla bla bla", but I am telling you, a woman won't travel far away from a man she considers high value and possible long term partner to have a nursing school that's gonna give her a job. High value man over job is something women will take anyday. I don't know, doesn't seem to me like she looks up to you and sees you with those eyes of "hey, that's my man". It's rather sth like "yeah, I got a man, but let's get on with the nursing school now" LOL
 

Chi Town

Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
661
Reaction score
694
Age
33
Plus, if she's a girlfriend to you, she is definitely not making you her top priority and has placed her nursing school over you. I know some here might call me crazy and say that "hey, people wanna fulfill their goals bla bla bla", but I am telling you, a woman won't travel far away from a man she considers high value and possible long term partner to have a nursing school that's gonna give her a job. High value man over job is something women will take anyday. I don't know, doesn't seem to me like she looks up to you and sees you with those eyes of "hey, that's my man". It's rather sth like "yeah, I got a man, but let's get on with the nursing school now" LOL
This guy gets it......

Well said
 

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
Just a head’s up:

My GF is a student nurse in her 2 year. She’s had to redo the year. She’s also on an internship till December and has a part time job on top of that too. We’ve been together for 5 months.


Last week on Thursday she sends me a message at 5:00am saying “I want to see you”

I replied later on: “I want to see you too, when are you free?” She tells me she can’t because of exams during the week and finishing her internship late on the weekend.

I say “Sounds like your schedule is backed up, get in touch when you’ve got some time and we can organise something then”

3 days later she asks me how I am - I try asking her out again, to no avail.

3 days later on Sunday she sends another “How are you?” Text.

Went back and forth a couple of times but then I said I was exhausted and going to bed.

What the hell is going on?
Tell her that if she wants to see you, come and see you (give her a week) or else other people will see you in her place (then start hitting up other girls)
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
397
Reaction score
128
Age
32
Thought I would give you an update:

Last night she asked me if I would be interested to go to Sevilla with her. She’s planned the trip, booked the flights and the hotel. We’re going on January.

She’s also coming over this weekend with a bottle of wine and we’re making dinner together.

All’s good.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Thought I would give you an update:

Last night she asked me if I would be interested to go to Sevilla with her. She’s planned the trip, booked the flights and the hotel. We’re going on January.

She’s also coming over this weekend with a bottle of wine and we’re making dinner together.

All’s good.
Guess it must not have worked out with the other guy as she has hoped...all good. For now.
 

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
1,546
She's planned the trip, she's booked the flight and the hotel, you just hop in there and enjoy the ride, don't you? God, I would feel so out of touch with a set up like this. She's leading everything, she books, she plans, she invites, you go, of course... LOL
 

Chi Town

Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
661
Reaction score
694
Age
33
She's planned the trip, she's booked the flight and the hotel, you just hop in there and enjoy the ride, don't you? God, I would feel so out of touch with a set up like this. She's leading everything, she books, she plans, she invites, you go, of course... LOL
Lmaooo, I see what you did there
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top