Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Football, a beta male hobby or a legit interest for men?

Serenity

Reaction score
There is a reason football hasn't been more widely accepted and that's because it is MUCH harder to understand what's going on for a fan and all the rules that are in play at any given time.

How hard is it to watch teams kicking a ball around on the field when the goal is to score more than the other team and that's it?

It's far easier, same as basketball or hockey or baseball. All are very easy to learn rules and easy to follow with minimal prior knowledge. Football is not.
Ah, now I understand why soccer is more popular here. The rules are simpler, so it's more accessible to understand what's going on. There's more entertainment in it for more people. Simpler rules in a competitive sport doesn't necessarily mean it's easier to play though, because it depends on the skill of the opponent. I am aware that this element is present in American football as well, but if the rules are as complex as you say it just makes it more inaccessible to the audience. It's inherently rewarding to understand what's going on.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, now I understand why soccer is more popular here. The rules are simpler, so it's more accessible to understand what's going on. There's more entertainment in it for more people. Simpler rules in a competitive sport doesn't necessarily mean it's easier to play though, because it depends on the skill of the opponent. I am aware that this element is present in American football as well, but if the rules are as complex as you say it just makes it more inaccessible to the audience. It's inherently rewarding to understand what's going on.
It's more rewarding to understand complexity than it is to understand something simple.

Serenity

Reaction score
It's more rewarding to understand complexity than it is to understand something simple.
I don't disagree with that, but it's more rewarding to understand most of something than little or nothing because it's too complex for them.

I'm talking about the masses, the simpler game is easier to understand most of compared to the more complex game which has a higher barrier to start enjoying. Most people are too lazy to bother trying to understand the complexity of one game, so they'll watch the other game which is easier to pick up and start enjoying.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. Even to people who watch football every week sometimes you run into situations that are confusing in terms of rules...I mean one of the most hotly debated things in football even among people who play in the NFL is one of the simplest..."what is a catch"?

There have been so many games won and lost because of interpretations of this rule...seems ridiculous but there are different rules for of you catch it on the field of play versus in the endzone versus falling out of bounds...it's crazy.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a reason football hasn't been more widely accepted and that's because it is MUCH harder to understand what's going on for a fan and all the rules that are in play at any given time.
American football is an offshoot of rugby, which is quite popular in English-speaking countries outside of North America. Cricket also has very complex rules and it is huge in some parts of the world.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve pulled so many chicks at games, sports bars, social gaming with sports watching as the main event.
College, attending games collegiate and pro, breastaraunts, watch parties, tailgates.
Tailgates are the closest to social circle, though it could be cold approach if approaching other tailgaters.

I mentioned how "watch parties" are useless with my undergrad alma mater's football/basketball. Meaningful conversations leading to sex and future dates aren't happening.

Breastaurants? How so? The only use for breastaurants is hanging out with male friends. The best way to seduce a breastaurant waitress or bartender is to meet them during their leisure time.

Most women who attend professional games attend with boyfriends/husbands. Occasionally, a woman will be at a game with a father or brother. @Howiestern mentioned that suite level in stadiums and arenas might be different, but I fail to see how game attendence is a strong play.

College is a bit different. That could be so many different things.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Football seems to give me mixed feelings because I see so many men invest so much of their time, money, and emotions into a game not within their control. If you legit like football and you have your ducks in a row, then sure I don't blame you. I do like college football, but I do get to wakeup moments in where I have to question myself about liking it lol. IDK, but nothing is more cringe than seeing a hopeless guy wearing another man's jersey and being able to quote the third string DB & Draft statistics like nothing.

Now the pros to football are that you definitely need to have a grasp on it if you decide to pursue NPC type women or NPC friends in general. However, do you really want to be commonly associated with these types of people in the first place? I know @Jesse Pinkman went too hard on the football lovers and realized he was a little too harsh on them. Personally, I think it is a huge waste of time, energy, and money. My favorite CFB, NFL, and MLB teams have all won the national championship at some point and nothing in my life changed after they won. In fact, I have made more stupid decisions over being upset over them losing, so there's definitely more negative consequences IMHO.
I pretty much only watch my teams - or a pro team that has a star player #9 that used to play for my college team :) - and really don't watch any other sport unless it's one of my teams and it's the playoffs. I do watch the Olympics because that is the pinnacle of sports, and features a lot of sports that are only shown every 4 years in an Olympics.

Now as for the question of "is sports a waste of time?", the answer is "well, is watching movies, or reading a book, or surfing the web, watching a live music show, etc. a waste of time?". It's all relaxing leisure activity (OK, sports at key moments can be heart-pumping), so in and of itself it's not a waste of time.

As for the Beta aspect, the same can be said of any activity since the doers are good enough to be doing it while the watchers are not. In the old days of assortive mating, it was not an issue since each performer could only have 1 wife at a time - but nowadays, the performer can get a poontang parade while the watchers are left with dirk in hand. :mad:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are playing Tom Brady's Bucs on Monday.

I'm rooting for The Cowboys to win, I'm a Texan and I'm sticking to it lol
I'm rooting against the Cowboys since the HC will probably get fired after losing that, and it expands the competition for hiring Sean Payton, thereby allowing his old team to get more draft capital with trading him. :)

Macadellic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the title and OPs post, nothing else.

You come off being judgmental. Is there a bit of bias within you from deep unresolved trauma? Did you dad neglect to play with you as a child because he wanted to drink his beer and watch football?

I can say the exact same thing you said about
- gossip
- drama
- proving a point

You know, what women are into.

But I don’t start a thread about what brings women entertainment.

Furthermore more,
There isn’t a point spread and moneyline with an over/under on her gossip drama prove a point non sense

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. Even to people who watch football every week sometimes you run into situations that are confusing in terms of rules...I mean one of the most hotly debated things in football even among people who play in the NFL is one of the simplest..."what is a catch"?

There have been so many games won and lost because of interpretations of this rule...seems ridiculous but there are different rules for of you catch it on the field of play versus in the endzone versus falling out of bounds...it's crazy.
Dez Bryant caught it!

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sports overall are getting feminized and soft.
See,this is why so many guys on this forum struggle socially.You can’t even enjoy something as simple and,ironically,socially charged as sports without making it weird and about how feminized the world has gotten.

This doesn’t make you wiser than everyone else,it just makes you weird.

I think of all the old heads who have watched sports all their lives.They may complain about what counts for a foul in the NBA these days,or about what counts as a roughing the passer call in the NFL,or about all the diving in football(soccer),but they still watch,don’t they?

Which is the real issue here.People who have this stupid notion are not real sports fans and are casuals at best.

If for whatever reason you don’t like sports that much,that’s fine.But don’t knock it and try to bring down people who do.Extreme fanaticism is one of the best things about sports.

If they were true fans,they’d know that.

The premise of this thread itself is flawed.Is the suggestion that every sports fan is beta?That there are no guys who watch football and are also “alpha?”If so,then what do the “alphas” watch,huh?

Let me tell you what’s really beta.Sublimating and marginalizing your interests because you don’t want to appear “beta.”

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If someone likes watching football let them like it. Everyone has their own interests

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Football, a beta male hobby or a legit interest for men?
Its beta to sit and watch fvcking telly in any form. Its a losers game. If it is sitcoms or sports doesn't matter, its all the same.
Losers do this while winners are out doing it.

There is a very reason why you never see TV advertisement from Ferrari, McLaren, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini and so forth. Its because these companies know that their target group of clients do not sit around and also do not have time to watch TV.

So should you waste you're time doing it?

Disagree 1 million percent. I’ve pulled so many chicks at games, sports bars, social gaming with sports watching as the main event. Those are the exact type of women I chase because my 3 previous exes were all about watch parties and I had so much fun with them. My friends wife is a huge football fan and is a big reason he married her. In fact he proposed to her while at a game.
You’re not doing something right.
While that might be true, (I also know it sort of works), its doesn't take away the fact that the type of people e.g. the crowd/target group of people that go there to various games matches/watch TV highly likely isn't part of the 10% and/or above, so de facto you could argue that many of them would be in the "beta category".

Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Old white billionaires making money off (mostly black) athlete brain damage.
That is a complete retarded comment and making about race is even more retarded.
What about all these athletes that makes millions and even billions off their sport over the years they work professionally. Not only through their contracts with their sports club, but through all affiliate deals and companies they involve in. They (the athletes), sure make more money than most people here will make in a life time.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't watch football just to watch the game. I care about my college team, and I'll go to a couple of games a year with friends. I think I might watch a handful of games on TV. Going to a game in person is the way to go... but then you have to put up with drunk @ssholes and bull cr@p.

I find pro-football expensive and boring. Gambling has taken over the sport. Watch a sports program on TV today talking about pro-football and it's all about betting lines, point spreads... BORING.