Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Football, a beta male hobby or a legit interest for men?

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dislike football, but I do follow some teams in basketball. Some of the best dates i've had were going to games with a girl. I think watching sports here and there is fine, I think being obsessed with it and becoming a cheerleader for a team or player is lame.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with watching Football, aslong as you're not obsessed with it.

It's far better to play sports than watch it. I recently played pick up basketball with my brother's friends 2 days ago. It was a great workout even though I haven't played basketball in a long time.
Also a great way to get seriously injured by trying to be a weekend warrior anytime age 40.

I know so many people that tried to play some random pickup game at family events or graduation parties that got serious injuries it isn't even funny...torn ACL, torn rotator cuff, torn tricep off the bone...just no need for me to do that anymore.

Unless you play something regularly and train for it, don't try and play something randomly, you'll end up regretting it eventually.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends wife is a huge football fan and is a big reason he married her. In fact he proposed to her while at a game.
I know a couple in my social circle that formed as a result of watching sports in a bar when both were fans of the same team. It can happen, but realize that exception proves the rule. In exception cases, realize that the woman is likely a more masculine type woman. In the case in my social circle, the woman is physically attractive but was pushing 30 when they met and the man was/is a beta male. She also has a demanding type career. They ended up getting married. I've barely interacted with the two parts of this couple, but they have had some substantial interactions with some of my friends and other acquaintances. The guy looks like a dweeb and the woman is borderline cute/hot. In terms of looks alone, she's at least 2.5 points higher than he is on a looks alone rating scale. I perceive that at least 1 of the following 3 reasons applies to their relationship and would help explain why they are together.
  • He is rich
  • He has a big penis
  • She is a hotwife who is permitted to have sex with other men
She had a "last call" type baby with him in her mid-30s in 2022. If none of the reasons above apply, I perceive that she settled for the beta bucks side of her hypergamy because she couldn't get a commitment from a true alpha despite her good looks. She might squeeze out one more baby before 40, but it is doubtful that she's going to enjoy the next 18-20 years with some boring, dweebish looking beta bucks guy. She will be the classic late 30s/40 something MILF.

Also a great way to get seriously injured by trying to be a weekend warrior anytime age 40.

I know so many people that tried to play some random pickup game at family events or graduation parties that got serious injuries it isn't even funny...torn ACL, torn rotator cuff, torn tricep off the bone...just no need for me to do that anymore.

Unless you play something regularly and train for it, don't try and play something randomly, you'll end up regretting it eventually.
Even being a weekend warrior and regularly playing a sport isn't ideal either. There's a decent chance that you'll eventually end up at a orthopedic/sports medicine practice needing some surgery and eventually ending up in physical therapy post surgery. Orthopedic practices and physical therapy centers are miserable places to be. Quality of care is often lackluster too.

All those injuries you mentioned will put you in the orthopedic doctor's office, require surgery, and worst of all require physical therapy. There are even less serious injuries that will put you there.

If your workout regimen has you ending up at the orthopedic doctor's office and physical therapy, you'll wonder if it was worth it.

Last edited:

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beta male hobby. Play sports, don't watch them.
Kid... played basic sports. Also skateboarder, very lousy surfer. Frisby-nerd, BMX rider-no race, but can still ride the rear wheel with ease. Good skier, volunteer rescue=CPR Toboggan. Solo cross country runner. Off road moto racer pro for many years. Still Mtn bike, shoot, fish. I WATCH FOOTBALL. Didn't morph me into a Beta simp.

Stopped 100% during the Kaperdick BLM kneeling. Watching today! Will watch Bucs/Cowboys tomorrow. Too cold for me to mountain bike 9-miles to the lake for some Walleye. I don't feel Simpy.

I'm just spitballing here but after reading your posts, you strike me as that pc guru that sits in a controller chair (for days) like on the Matrix (I like movies too) with multiple screens "gear" with the worlds facts and figures mixed with your personal opinions. How is that in the least different than watching Motocross or football. Just asking.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thankfully this is only an american thing, as football barely exists outside of USA as it is so boring and dull.
"-Insert sport here-, a beta male hobby or a legit interest for men?"
The sport is irrelevant, it is the culture surrounding it op is getting at really.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm guessing you played basketball when you were young.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was this in college? Were these opportunities made through social circle game via sports events? That makes such a difference vs telling a guy to BDubs during a football game and searching for pvssy.
College, attending games collegiate and pro, breastaraunts, watch parties, tailgates.

Reaction score
College, attending games collegiate and pro, breastaraunts, watch parties, tailgates.
yeah I highlighted college as the peak of meeting single women at sports events. Were your other events through social circle gatherings or day game approach?

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you get down to it, football is virtualized masculinity. You have your tribe and you are warring it out against another tribe. You get all riled up for your team to beat the other team.

This is all good if it is a life and death scenario. But the NFL is not that. Instead, it is a big money-making racket, where males get their dose of struggle and fight without doing anything. The stereotype of the NFL watcher is a bald guy with a massive beer belly. Plus your “tribe” isn’t even real, it protects no interests of your own. It is all for the profit of people who love for you to be distracted. Just as in Roman times they had “bread and circuses” to keep the masses distracted.

Instead of pseudo-masculinity, you should form yourself to be a man. Your struggle can be the weight room or in a real sport that you participate in. Your tribe should not be a football team that only exists to make money, but instead a tight-knit group of men who share your values, beliefs, and goals. From actual masculinity comes strength and health. From virtual masculinity comes video game addiction and beer bellies.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you get down to it, football is virtualized masculinity. You have your tribe and you are warring it out against another tribe. You get all riled up for your team to beat the other team.

This is all good if it is a life and death scenario. But the NFL is not that. Instead, it is a big money-making racket, where males get their dose of struggle and fight without doing anything. The stereotype of the NFL watcher is a bald guy with a massive beer belly. Plus your “tribe” isn’t even real, it protects no interests of your own. It is all for the profit of people who love for you to be distracted. Just as in Roman times they had “bread and circuses” to keep the masses distracted.

Instead of pseudo-masculinity, you should form yourself to be a man. Your struggle can be the weight room or in a real sport that you participate in. Your tribe should not be a football team that only exists to make money, but instead a tight-knit group of men who share your values, beliefs, and goals. From actual masculinity comes strength and health. From virtual masculinity comes video game addiction and beer bellies.
These things are all true but to be fair an NFL team does have the ability to bring a community together.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I highlighted college as the peak of meeting single women at sports events. Were your other events through social circle gatherings or day game approach?
I was literally at an ice house yesterday near where I live with a guy friend where a random approached us talking smack because my friend was wearing her opposing team's gear. It turned into a a group setting with her girl friend and we all exchanged numbers afterwards. Women are the most talkative and ballsy with their smack talk which I translate as flirting. I guess it's just more common down here in Texas.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Football seems to give me mixed feelings because I see so many men invest so much of their time, money, and emotions into a game not within their control. If you legit like football and you have your ducks in a row, then sure I don't blame you. I do like college football, but I do get to wakeup moments in where I have to question myself about liking it lol. IDK, but nothing is more cringe than seeing a hopeless guy wearing another man's jersey and being able to quote the third string DB & Draft statistics like nothing.

Now the pros to football are that you definitely need to have a grasp on it if you decide to pursue NPC type women or NPC friends in general. However, do you really want to be commonly associated with these types of people in the first place? I know @Jesse Pinkman went too hard on the football lovers and realized he was a little too harsh on them. Personally, I think it is a huge waste of time, energy, and money. My favorite CFB, NFL, and MLB teams have all won the national championship at some point and nothing in my life changed after they won. In fact, I have made more stupid decisions over being upset over them losing, so there's definitely more negative consequences IMHO.
Any “hobby” that involves living vicariously through other men is beta by definition. It could be watching football, following celebrity gossip, or reading tabloid coverage of the royal family. It’s all on the same level.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
We don’t play and watch sports to think. Quite the opposite.
Casual fans don't. People who actually understand the game do. Causal fans can kick rocks...they are always the ones talking out of their ass because they have no idea what was supposed to happen on a play or stating silly opinions that make no sense...

Casual fans just need to keep their ignorant opinions to themselves...that's where the arguments usually start...because someone says something that makes no sense because they have no clue what they are talking about or watching.

Serenity

Reaction score
thankfully this is only an american thing, as football barely exists outside of USA as it is so boring and dull.
True for American football, but soccer takes that place (which is what non-US people refer to simply as football). It's a different game, but it plays the exact same role in society outside the US.

Many Europeans are starting to learn that isn't true. By far it requires the most strategy and thinking of all the sports.
I'm pretty sure every soccer fan I know would strongly disagree with your last sentence and say soccer requires more strategy and thinking. I'm unbiased and don't really care for either games, I'm sure both games require that to some unquantifiable degree. Have yet to meet anyone here in Europe who cares about American football or see it shown anywhere, it's always just soccer.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
True for American football, but soccer takes that place (which is what non-US people refer to simply as football). It's a different game, but it plays the exact same role in society outside the US.

I'm pretty sure every soccer fan I know would strongly disagree with your last sentence and say soccer requires more strategy and thinking. I'm unbiased and don't really care for either games, I'm sure both games require that to some unquantifiable degree. Have yet to meet anyone here in Europe who cares about American football or see it shown anywhere, it's always just soccer.
The difference is that football requires strategy on every single play whereas soccer is long term strategy and free flowing. I mean even the use of timeouts can be strategic in football.

Strategy based on personnel, strategy based on formations that change play to play and strategy based on down and distance of a play are all things you don't worry about in soccer. Strategy when to kick an extra point versus go for two, or when to kick a FG or go on 4th down
Even strategy at times of whether to accept a penalty or the result of a play...no other sport has anything similar. Can even say when to throw a challenge flag can be strategic.

In short there is more constant strategy required in football and 6 or 7 different kinds that you need to understand.

Also, FYI I played soccer at a very high level(up to college at a top 10 school) for 25+ years since the age of 5, so I have many insights into that as well.

To me, it's not even close. Football is the equivalent of playing chess versus everything else which is some version of checkers.

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
@BackInTheGame78 Sure, as I said, I ultimately don't care. I can just hear the voices of disapproval of every soccer fan I know, maybe they're wrong or maybe they just like checkers more.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
@BackInTheGame78 Sure, as I said, I ultimately don't care. I can just hear the voices of disapproval of every soccer fan I know, maybe they're wrong or maybe they just like checkers more.
There is a reason football hasn't been more widely accepted and that's because it is MUCH harder to understand what's going on for a fan and all the rules that are in play at any given time.

How hard is it to watch teams kicking a ball around on the field when the goal is to score more than the other team and that's it?

It's far easier, same as basketball or hockey or baseball. All are very easy to learn rules and easy to follow with minimal prior knowledge. Football is not.