Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Field Report: Brazilian women refuse to talk instantly

EmotionalGeek

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some time a go when I was in the bar I approached Brazilian woman (I suspect she was a student or was on a trip). I started talking to her in my language. She did not understand and asked to speak english. I started to speak english, a bit to fast so she asked me, after a while, to speak slower. I slowed down but she still strugled. Her friend appeared and said she would translate. After few sentences I wrapped my hand around girl's small of the back. I think talk was going well but after few minutes I started topic of carnival in Rio. I started it because I wanted her to elaborate on something familliar to her. I was ranting for a minute describing what I know about carnival and then I said about "half-naked womans" dancing on the street. At this moment girl that was translating got mad. She said that you do not speak about half-naked womans to Brazilian women in the club. I tried to say that it is just what I saw in TV and it is my perception of carnival but they left mad. Later I spoken with some other non-brazilian girl about situation and for her it seem normal for her. I used that to reapproach those girls and said that no one understand their rage. It did not help. They did not speak to me anymore.

I still do not understand what motivated their bahaviour but I think they overreacted. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious ?.... You don't see where you went wrong ?

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some time a go when I was in the bar I approached Brazilian woman (I suspect she was a student or was on a trip). I started talking to her in my language. She did not understand and asked to speak english. I started to speak english, a bit to fast so she asked me, after a while, to speak slower. I slowed down but she still strugled. Her friend appeared and said she would translate. After few sentences I wrapped my hand around girl's small of the back. I think talk was going well but after few minutes I started topic of carnival in Rio. I started it because I wanted her to elaborate on something familliar to her. I was ranting for a minute describing what I know about carnival and then I said about "half-naked womans" dancing on the street. At this moment girl that was translating got mad. She said that you do not speak about half-naked womans to Brazilian women in the club. I tried to say that it is just what I saw in TV and it is my perception of carnival but they left mad. Later I spoken with some other non-brazilian girl about situation and for her it seem normal for her. I used that to reapproach those girls and said that no one understand their rage. It did not help. They did not speak to me anymore.

I still do not understand what motivated their bahaviour but I think they overreacted. Do you have any thoughts on that?
They had cultural differences and misunderstood, I wouldn't take it personally. When you are talking to girls or people in different cultures or languages keep your words pg.

EmotionalGeek

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They had cultural differences and misunderstood, I wouldn't take it personally. When you are talking to girls or people in different cultures or languages keep your words pg.
What do you mean by keeping my words pg? I do not understand what pg means.

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
What do you mean by keeping my words pg? I do not understand what pg means.
It's the movie rating system.

You know, G for general audience, PG for parental guidance, PG-13 no one under 13 should watch the movie without parental guidance, and R for restricted for adults.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You couldn't predict what happened. Knowing what I know about Brazilian women, most wouldn't be offended simply by the concept of "half-naked women" especially in the context of carnival. That is just a fact. It was either a misunderstanding or a c0ck block by the friend, or an excuse to end the conversation. Forget it and move on.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its cuz all brazilians are known for is Ass, Soccer and Favela's so if u immediately talk to them about ass they will feel overly objectified. I suppose they wanted to talk about intellectual crap. Man fvck those bitches. Calibrate or stop caring indeed.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one thing you need to undertand, if someone did leave Brazil for any reason, they are more likely have money and in so they don't like carnival (I sure don't too much waste the ****ing time), also you mentioning the carnival you jsut told then you are a stupid gringo who most likely are only talking with her becasue you find her easy, next time don't mention thing like this, ask her to tell you about her country, town or what she find strange on the palce she is visiting, you failed hard here so learn from it and do better next time