Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does your car matter? Especially when you're close to your 30's?

DoofusDonutDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,
I live in a somewhat conservative country, here a car is usually something that is considered a bit of a status symbol and you're expected to be "financially settled" by your 30s. I am going to turn 29 in 3 months and was going to change cars.

One thing i noticed is, i was discussing cars to purchase when i was talking to my college buddies during a recent meet up

Until we were talking small cars or good medium sized sedans, the one female friend in our group was completely uninterested but as soon as i started considering buying a good SUV suddenly she was very interested in the topic and insistent that i should consider the SUV. Her interest actually was quite surprising!

Just to be clear, she is a pretty above average looking woman who is doing very well financially on her own and so isn't a typical "gold digger" but i was rather taken aback with a woman's sudden interest in cars (at least the fine cars) , when she barely knows anything about cars

Just wondering, does your car matter when you're trying to get dates/lays?

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,
I live in a somewhat conservative country, here a car is usually something that is considered a bit of a status symbol and you're expected to be "financially settled" by your 30s. I am going to turn 29 in 3 months and was going to change cars.

One thing i noticed is, i was discussing cars to purchase when i was talking to my college buddies during a recent meet up

Until we were talking small cars or good medium sized sedans, the one female friend in our group was completely uninterested but as soon as i started considering buying a good SUV suddenly she was very interested in the topic and insistent that i should consider the SUV. Her interest actually was quite surprising!

Just to be clear, she is a pretty above average looking woman who is doing very well financially on her own and so isn't a typical "gold digger" but i was rather taken aback with a woman's sudden interest in cars (at least the fine cars) , when she barely knows anything about cars

Where are you from?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Everything matters to some degree or another, mainly because different women will place different levels of importance on things, which you have no way of knowing where they will draw the floor for each thing and say that's too low to date someone.

Typically as long as your car isn't some 1990 hooptie or rustbucket or has everything broken inside of it(windows/radio, etc) you should be OK. You don't need a BMW.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Its not about cars, its about "status" or something. That´s why most girls prefer Iphones even if the case could be made that some androids are both better and cheaper.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They don't care about cars for the same reasons men care about cars. The only care about comformity and cars are nothing more than a status symbol to them. Women do not care about motorcycles either, unless it's a super flashy expensive sport bike.

That about sums it up. Women are NPCs, they like whatever they're told to like by society. Accordingly, they think SUVs are good cars despite being hunks of shvt. This is the exact same reason why the majority of women use iPhones and look down on men who use Android devices even though Androids have superior hardware and software for half the price.

Women only car about cars insofar as the status they provide which is based on whatever their narrow minded view that good = whatever is popular and comformist.

Its not about cars, its about "status" or something. That´s why most girls prefer Iphones even if the case could be made that some androids are both better and cheaper.
Pretty much what I was going to say.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you probably suck at hints.

Try and think like a woman. What kind of car would a woman drive preferably? Is a woman concerned how much pvssy the car attracts or if the car is a safe vehicle? Is the woman likely to drive a two-seater or a car that is big enough to take her girlfriends for a ride? Or having enough room for kids on the backseat?

SUVs are soccer mom vehicles. And if you as a man consider an SUV, you might be ready for settling down, having a family. < and that has her interest.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Typically as long as your car isn't some 1990 hooptie or rustbucket or has everything broken inside of it(windows/radio, etc) you should be OK. You don't need a BMW.
Yep, but whatever you drive, keep it clean, tidy, and smelling 'good'
(I personally prefer fruit-smelling air-fresheners to anything floral, or musky, or any of that 'Aqua'/'New-Car'/'Black-Ice'/Whatever.....)

I was once told by a woman... "If your car had been minging (untidy/dirty/smelly/etc) there's no way I would have set foot in your house".
That stuck with me, and I always keep it clean and tidy, with either a Cherry or Citrus freshener.

Foe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought a convertible mustang specifically to pick up girls. It tends to impress kids and other guys though I will say it has worked a couple of times.

I would say its not a big factor as long as you dont drive a POS

Nitrozv20

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I have a Samsung s23 ultra and I'm literally getting ghosted after pulling numbers on dating apps because I don't have an iPhone lmao. Little do they know is the 100k boat in the garage and a 4 year old house. Hold the frame gents.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I have a Samsung s23 ultra and I'm literally getting ghosted after pulling numbers on dating apps because I don't have an iPhone lmao. Little do they know is the 100k boat in the garage and a 4 year old house. Hold the frame gents.
This is what I call an effective filter. Any gal who is superficial enough to make judgements based on a phone brand is almost guaranteed to cause you problems down the line.

Team android for the win

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,

The only cars that could potentially have a large impact are very high end or clunker. Either way, do not get into major debt to impress women who place a lot of value on it. I do not know your financial situation but don't fall into the trap of a high car payment. Just diverting the money of a car payment to investing has a major long term impact. Buy something a few years old with 30-40k miles and you'll avoid most of the depreciation.

buddhafukko

Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO a big difference. Rent a Kia Soul and a BMW i8 for a week and see which one makes panties drop. This is a no brainer. Of course don't spend money you don't have, but a car is probably the most basic status symbol. They don't even know or care about your house unless you pull out the deed and show them you paid it off. Bside you can't pull your house up to ze club.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Big difference between dropping her off to a family gathering in a new BMW compared to a Citroen C3!

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the UK it is somewhat a status symbol most people want to be driving bmw , mercades or Audi no matter the cost

Lease deals and car finance is very popular and I know a lot of people that will happily pay up to £500 a month for a car

at 31 I could afford to buy a bmw outright but it would be a huge outlay , I don't particularly enjoy driving , a car depreciates very very quickly and its also a fvcking nightmare finding somewhere to park it 24/7

Whilst it can impress and its certainly an ego / confidence boost to have a "nice car"

Ive always thought that only the wrong type of woman would be very impressed and want to be with you simply because you have a fancy car

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a motorcycle, but I don't even have a car. I used to have a Fiat Punto as a 'family car', and before that I rode a Moto Guzzi sidecar combination to transport my kids.
Martyn Guzzi sidecar w: kids.jpg
This attracted a lot of attention. The way people waved when I came puttering past was almost like driving some kind of royal carriage.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only drive the biggest piece of junk I can find. People don't steal or break into pieces of crap. I also park beside the nicest car in the lot.
I like motorcycles, but cars are mostly transport for me. And if you drive through congested city like Amsterdam, unobtrusive compact cars can be handy, but low slung sports cars would get damaged way to easily.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a Ford Fiesta ST, 1.6l turbo, super fun little car. I was going out with this girl, she had a 2015 Camaro, when we were about to go out she sat in my car (it had nice Recaro seats), and she said with some disgust "oh your car is small I don't like it", I said "oh that's fine, get in your car and I'll meet you there", she said "oh no that's fine, I'll stay here"

Funny interaction. Buy a car that you like and can afford, don't do it for women, you wanna impress woman? Get fvcking jacked.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the UK it is somewhat a status symbol most people want to be driving bmw , mercades or Audi no matter the cost

Lease deals and car finance is very popular and I know a lot of people that will happily pay up to £500 a month for a car

at 31 I could afford to buy a bmw outright but it would be a huge outlay , I don't particularly enjoy driving , a car depreciates very very quickly and its also a fvcking nightmare finding somewhere to park it 24/7

Whilst it can impress and its certainly an ego / confidence boost to have a "nice car"

Ive always thought that only the wrong type of woman would be very impressed and want to be with you simply because you have a fancy car
Right, even if you do attract a woman by a high status car, when she realizes thats all you got, she is not staying long term either

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, even if you do attract a woman by a high status car, when she realizes thats all you got, she is not staying long term either
It's like flashing a Rolex while living in your parents' basement.