Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does the Ghetto Workout really work?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone see this on youtube? This is the original video from many years ago but there are newer ones. Basically you use playground equipment and other improvised stuff you can think of to get ripped. These Tyrones looked totally ripped and in better shape than most men I see in gyms.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to walk a mile and a half to the park, do pull ups on the monkey bars, and walk back. It wasn't really part of my workout regimen, it was just my idea of fun at the time.
Get in the gym. No more theory. Just do it.
He needs to do some resistance training, he doesn't necessarily have to do it in the gym. If he's a private person, and considering he's on the small side, I can understand why he might feel self conscious training in public, especially if it's alongside a bunch of ripped dudes. That may not represent the healthiest form of thinking, but I can certainly understand it.

At his size, he doesn't need to be squatting 300 lbs. right away to see some gains. If he wants to do it, he'll do it. I'm not convinced he wants to do it, but if he wants to, he will. Half the battle is getting started. Once you pull that trigger, lifting can be quite addictive.

Jenny67

Reaction score
Yeah, these guys are good-shaped. Actually, i think the gym is not the only place to work out. I sometimes do the workout at home.

Staticus

Don Juan
Reaction score
He can be fully capable of doing a full calisthenic routine at home. All he would need to purchase is a door frame pull up bar and that’s the majority of his back routine. I agree with @zekko on this one, I’m not convinced he wants it.

Perfect_form

Reaction score
Yes. This is a legit workout. I've done calisthenics for years and graduated to gymnastic rings for more challenge. For the record I am 40 and don't let age hold me back. Of course there are some things I cannot do that a 20 year old can pull off.

But the best part of calisthenics and gymnastic rings is they are dynamic and scalable to your individual needs/ body.

For more reference look up the following channels on YouTube: Thenx, SpArtan girls, and athlenex

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like a distant relation to parkour.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of "GHETTO" things WORK! And work well... Ghetto workouts, Ghetto psychology, Ghetto game... "Ghetto" implies that there is not going to be a lot of cash and resources available to achieve the objective, so one must be creative and make the most out of the least. I didn't say it's the best way to do things, but it needs to be evaluated especially if you don't have a large budget or all these resources working for you.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of "GHETTO" things WORK! And work well... Ghetto workouts, Ghetto psychology, Ghetto game... "Ghetto" implies that there is not going to be a lot of cash and resources available to achieve the objective, so one must be creative and make the most out of the least. I didn't say it's the best way to do things, but it needs to be evaluated especially if you don't have a large budget or all these resources working for you.
But those tyrones are ripped more than guys who use a gym.