Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Distance

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What sort of distance would you call “too far” to date or have a plate with someone?

for example, a girl I met a while back got in touch with me and said she wants to meet up for a date. However she lives like 2 hours away.

Thoughts? Seems too far for me.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s doable if you like to drive and she makes the trip 50% of the time.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a very long drive.
And nothing good will come out of this.
You have to get burned once in your lifetime, so your gut knows not to do that again.

One of these two things will happen:

1) She'll flake by the time you arrive. Making you look completely foolish.

2) She'll use this opportunity as a power grab.
Because you drove for 2 hours to see her, that automatically gives her the upper hand.
If she's a gold digger then at this point you've already fallen for her bait.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Within 45 mins to an hour. In NYC Metro, that is how it is. NY-CT-NJ the traffic is crazy. It can take 20 mins just to go 6 miles; and I am not talking about Manhattan or Brooklyn. There are so many freakin lights and single lane routes in Fairfield, Connecticut and Westchester, New York, most people go insane due to the traffic. You need to make it work. However, if she's head over heals for you, she'll drive to you.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Within 45 mins to an hour. In NYC Metro, that is how it is. NY-CT-NJ the traffic is crazy. It can take 20 mins just to go 6 miles; and I am not talking about Manhattan or Brooklyn. There are so many freakin lights and single lane routes in Fairfield, Connecticut and Westchester, New York, most people go insane due to the traffic. You need to make it work. However, if she's head over heals for you, she'll drive to you.
I also live in Metro NYC. My limit is 1 hour drive or 2 hours via public transportation. I'm more lenient with public transportation because unlike driving it is productive time and there is no stress involved. I've never had an issue using the NJ Transit Commuter Rail or getting chicks from the boroughs all the way out to my crib in Jersey. This year alone I banged 18 new chicks. 10 were driving distance within an hour (all in North / Central New Jersey), the other 8 were in NYC. It works out fine.

Me personally, I won't do Philadelphia. It is 1.5 hour drive and 90 miles away. That's way outside of my preferred range. If I have to put a distance on it, I cap it at 50 miles.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll spin plates up to 3 hrs away if she's hot. I actually like it when they don't live to close cause then I never have to worry about random pop ins or drivebys when I have someone else here. I just rotate weekends with them, sometimes going to their house sometimes having them here. Im not looking for anything serious so it works pretty well and when I dump them they never show up on my door step crying.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I also live in Metro NYC. My limit is 1 hour drive or 2 hours via public transportation. I'm more lenient with public transportation because unlike driving it is productive time and there is no stress involved. I've never had an issue using the NJ Transit Commuter Rail or getting chicks from the boroughs all the way out to my crib in Jersey. This year alone I banged 18 new chicks. 10 were driving distance within an hour (all in North / Central New Jersey), the other 8 were in NYC. It works out fine.

Me personally, I won't do Philadelphia. It is 1.5 hour drive and 90 miles away. That's way outside of my preferred range. If I have to put a distance on it, I cap it at 50 miles.
I hate public transportation. The MTA always breaks down at the worst times. It was easier when I was living in Queens, but in Bridgeport, way too long some times, and way too expensive. I'd rather drive to Philly than go to Manhattan (or BKYLN - that's a nightmare nowadays).

Billtx49

Reaction score
This is unrealistic unless you live in New York City. There is simply not enough volume in such a small radius.
Right. OP’s initial question about travel distance and/or time factor depends on where we live. Both the population density and traffic flow rate/gridlock probabilities being the determining factors.

Where I live in Texas, I can access about 1 million people within 40mi./40min. High traffic flow…

Yes there is a higher population density where you are, but an extremely lower traffic flow rate verging on gridlock and public transport on overload.

So, I think the only doable answers here is the amount of travel time we are willing to personally invest to meet a date and not focusing on location.…

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I will go up to 60 miles! I had OLD dates from 60 miles. I almost went on an OLD date 90 miles away but when I suggested she meet half way for the first date she ghosted me because she had to find a baby sitter since she doesn't want to leave her teen alone more than an hour.

Glad I didn't beta and suggest meeting her up there. Knowing my luck I would have drive 180 miles round trip and she would flake and no show. I will go up to 100 miles away, trek across the Sahara if there is pvssy!

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Right. OP’s initial question about travel distance and/or time factor depends on where we live. Both the population density and traffic flow rate/gridlock probabilities being the determining factors.

Where I live in Texas, I can access about 1 million people within 40mi./40min. High traffic flow…

Yes there is a higher population density up north, but an extremely lower traffic flow rate and public transport on overload.

So, I think the only doable answers here are the amount of travel time we are willing to put up with per our location specifics to meet a date and not location.…
That's not fair! Why can't I live in an area like you with a lot of access?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
a girl I met a while back got in touch with me and said she wants to meet up for a date. However she lives like 2 hours away.
“I would love to meet up for a date. Let me know when you are in town, I’ll take you out for the time of your life.”

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate public transportation. The MTA always breaks down at the worst times. It was easier when I was living in Queens, but in Bridgeport, way too long some times, and way too expensive. I'd rather drive to Philly than go to Manhattan (or BKYLN - that's a nightmare nowadays).
You’d rather drive 2 hours to Philly through the awful CBE and GWB but not take the Metro North into Grand Central? Lol, alright.

I get it. From Central NJ I do Boroughs only. Long Island, Connecticut, Westchester, and Rockland County are all out of the question.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
“I would love to meet up for a date. Let me know when you are in town, I’ll take you out for the time of your life.”
It should be more like "when are you off work? What day is good and I'll drive up there." So you drive 4 hours round trip.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You’d rather drive 2 hours to Philly through the awful CBE and GWB but not take the Metro North into Grand Central? Lol, alright.

I get it. From Central NJ I do Boroughs only. Long Island, Connecticut, Westchester, and Rockland County are all out of the question.
Just giving an example, nothing literal. Bridgeport, CT to GSC is no picnic. So, I hate going to the city. Too many people, too expensive, and too much traffic/waste of time. You're 30, I'm 38, I ain't got time for that sh it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just giving an example, nothing literal. Bridgeport, CT to GSC is no picnic. So, I hate going to the city. Too many people, too expensive, and too much traffic/waste of time. You're 30, I'm 38, I ain't got time for that sh it.
The train comfortable as fvck. I use em for naps, pregaming, emails, eating, anything. Driving sucks. Then again I see Bridgeport is closer to 2 hour train ride. My town express trains are only an hour.

Then again, I really enjoy NYC so I’m biased. City of Greatness. There’s opportunity for everyone in NYC.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Given the amount of cars in today's cities, even a short distance of 10 kilometres could somehow take up to 45 minutes.