Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Did The Philadelphia Eagles NFL team just get duped into giving away a $255 million contract to an average player by a nice pair of titties?

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The are all ugly except Rachel, the Marketing Exec. If she slept with owner, they would be more inclined to sign him.

But $255,000,000 US for one night of sex? That’s too much, even for the highest beta sucker.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it racist to say Lamar Jackson is being an idiot, Eye?
No, Lamar is a huge idiot. Jalen was paid the market rate for a top tier QB.

Yes, QB salaries are nuts.

Josh Allen's contract keeps looking better and better
It is just market inflation. We can say Mahomes has the best contract. He really would be $75 million per year today.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It is just market inflation. We can say Mahomes has the best contract. He really would be $75 million per year today.
It's wasn't market rate though, it was above market for a guy who's not a top 5 QB. This is like what the 49ers did with Jimmy Garroppolo after 5 games in 2017, making him the highest paid QB in league history, and he wasn't buoyed by his team like Hurts has been. We all know how that turned out, and the Russell Wilson and DeShaun Watson contracts have both been complete disasters so far.

But I'm not an Eagles fan, so I like the contract as it makes them weaker. Philly management made a bad decision, and it's fair to question if they were being beta cucks in this case imo. These are the same types of old dudes who got fooled by the likes of Elizabeth Holmes in the Theranos scandal.

Hurts was under his rookie contract for another year, at least wait and see if he can pick up near to where he left off. Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson are older, the league will make adjustments, etc. Dude averaged under 200 yards passing in the playoffs last year, which is Garroppolo territory.

Just a really, really curious call by an org who is usually pretty smart, which is why I made the post.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

That's why Beane was smart to lock Allen up prior to the crazy QB contracts that were coming. If people think Hurts contract is crazy wait til they see what Burrow and Herbert get.

On his best day Hurts is a 70% version of Allen that can't stiff arm DLineman to the ground, run over LBs or hurdle DBs.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why Beane was smart to lock Allen up prior to the crazy QB contracts that were coming. If people think Hurts contract is crazy wait til they see what Burrow and Herbert get.
I think it's still up in the air. GM's will want to see what return the huge Hurts, Watson, and Wilson contracts give back in 2023. I hope it comes back down. Burrow is good but Herbert is overrated and really only great at deep throws.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I think it's still up in the air. GM's will want to see what return the huge Hurts, Watson, and Wilson contracts give back in 2023. I hope it comes back down. Herbert is overrated and really only great at deep throws.
It's never coming down for QBs. Unless the position gets marginalized like RBs did, but there is no way...the league is becoming more and more of a passing league with all the rule changes and protections afforded to them.

With the salary cap climbing to north of $300 million within the next 3-4 years as the new TV contracts kick in fully, QB salaries will continue to climb. I mean a freaking offensive tackle just signed a 3 year $75 million dollar contract with $60 million guaranteed.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's never coming down for QBs. Unless the position gets marginalized like RBs did, but there is no way...the league is becoming more and more of a passing league with all the rule changes and protections afforded to them.

With the salary cap climbing to north of $300 million within the next 3-4 years as the new TV contracts kick in fully, QB salaries will continue to climb. I mean a freaking offensive tackle just signed a 3 year $75 million dollar contract with $60 million guaranteed.
Yeah, you can expect QB salaries to go up, but there is a practical ceiling to the percentage of the salary cap a QB can take up. Imo we've already gone past that and are due for an adjustment.

It's really no different than the Fear of Mission Out (FOMO) syndrome that plagues the investing world. They don't learn until they get burned.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah, you can expect QB salaries to go up, but there is a practical ceiling to the percentage of the salary cap a QB can take up. Imo we've already gone past that and are due for an adjustment.

It's really no different than the Fear of Mission Out (FOMO) syndrome that plagues the investing world. They don't learn until they get burned.
The teams only leverage is to try and franchise them a few times and then lose them after the 2nd tag. Meanwhile a desperate team will pay whatever they need to for a QB, it's the most important position in all of sports. The adjustment downward is never happening.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The teams only leverage is to try and franchise them a few times and then lose them after the 2nd tag. Meanwhile a desperate team will pay whatever they need to for a QB, it's the most important position in all of sports. The adjustment downward is never happening.
We will see if the QB salary cap % adjusts down or not. Desperate teams are disadvantaged by being desperate (meaning they suck and won't get the QB a ring if they give him the bag).

A QB is just one of 22 dudes. This isn't basketball where a Lebron/MJ/Kobe can take over a game by themselves. You need more help in football.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hurts was MVP runner up. He is a top 4 QB.

Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts.
There is no way Burrow is ahead of Allen. No QB is asked to do more than Allen does for his offense, not even Mahomes. Burrow has 3 top WR targets and Mixon. Allen has Diggs and a bunch of dudes, and often times the playcall is for Allen to just make something happen off schedule since his OLine was atrocious last year and he was dodging DLineman fairly quickly after most snaps.

Ask another QB to do that and it likely wouldn't turn out very well too many times(outside of Mahomes, but even he is given a ton of easy answers from Reid scheming players open).

And he also played with a UCL injury for half the season last year that Purdy needed surgery for and is potentially going to miss the entire 2023 season with.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hurts was MVP runner up. He is a top 4 QB.

Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts.
Lamar Jackson was the 2019 mvp and he's currently ranked outside the top 10. One year wonders abound in the NFL. Especially if you're a running QB (Vick with the Eagles, RGIII with Washington, Kaepernick with the 49ers).

The only good running QB who was good for a long time was Randall Cunningham, and that's because he changed his style to not run so much. We'll see if Hurts can do the same, but he only has one year at an elite level. You need more of a track record for this kind of contract.

The best QB's are multiple-read QB's who are good at evading pressure.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lamar Jackson was the 2019 mvp and he's currently ranked outside the top 10. One year wonders abound in the NFL. Especially if you're a running QB (Vick with the Eagles, RGIII with Washington, Kaepernick with the 49ers).
Funny how NFL.com (from your article) the top 4 QBs:

The top four quarterbacks on the list are Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow and Josh Allen.
I rank Hurts at 4, just behind Burrow and Allen. He earned this contract.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny how NFL.com (from your article) the top 4 QBs:

I rank Hurts at 4, just behind Burrow and Allen. He earned this contract.
That's the point though, where will Hurts be ranked in years 3 and 4 of that contract? I imagine Lamar was ranked pretty damn high after 2019 too.

He has not earned this contract with only *one* year of elite performance. That's absurd.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the point though, where will Hurts be ranked in years 3 and 4 of that contract? I imagine Lamar was ranked pretty damn high after 2019 too.

He has not earned this contract with only *one* year of elite performance. That's absurd.
No, it’s not absurd. You have to pay the quarterback now, as there are about 28 other teams for which he would be an upgrade from their current QB.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you guys really surprised this is nothing new reminds me of a rods contract over 20 years ago remember that I don't think the eagles will benefit next year only time will tell.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it’s not absurd. You have to pay the quarterback now, as there are about 28 other teams for which he would be an upgrade from their current QB.
Idk, I'd almost rather have Geno Smith at 3yrs/$75 than Hurts at 5/$255. Adjusted for oline, they performed at about the same level last year and they both have only one year of excellent play. (#1 vs #27 oline).

Still think the old philly dudes got bamboozled by the rack.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

And the Saints almost got him in the draft. :mad:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I think a case could be made that a good policy would be to simply draft a few QBs in every draft until one hits, and then getting him for 5 years on a rookie contract; he could be traded for an arm and a leg in year 5, rinse & repeat.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The only good running QB who was good for a long time was Randall Cunningham, and that's because he changed his style to not run so much. We'll see if Hurts can do the same, but he only has one year at an elite level. You need more of a track record for this kind of contract.

The best QB's are multiple-read QB's who are good at evading pressure.

There is an existential problem with running QBs: what makes them good is their running ability, as their straight-up passing ability is generally not elite, and eventually they are going to get injured and lose a step, and DCs will be able to figure out how to beat them; it's only the QBs that are elite passers that stay good throughout their careers.