"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Clothes/fashion question

SteR

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
749
Reaction score
253
Not really sure where I should ask this, but is it okay to wear a shirt with jeans/trainers.

What I mean is like a normal shirt, normal jeans and these style of shoes:



or is that a fashion faux pas?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

In$tinct

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Location
MidWest
SteR said:
Not really sure where I should ask this, but is it okay to wear a shirt with jeans/trainers.

What I mean is like a normal shirt, normal jeans and these style of shoes:



or is that a fashion faux pas?

I personally believe that what you are 'comfortable' wearing is the key, not 'comfortable' as in workout clothing. When I first changed my style from college wear to adult GQish clothes, I made the jump too quickly and not being ready to dress like that really threw off my game.

I say you should wear something that will not be on your mind after that last glance in the mirror before heading out. But, I would also start taking steps to building a better wardrobe so that 'normal' isnt needed before shirt.

Should read more like:

Wearing Express Fitted V-Neck with True Religion Jeans... But, by then, you will not need any advice.


To living the good life...

Cheers!
 

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
661
Reaction score
19
Totally normal, you shouldn't even create limitations to your own fashion preference.

Your way of self expression should only be validated by you.

However, with those shoes, be sure to keep them CLEAN. Rock them indoors, and avoid rainy days.
 

mitaliwebratna

New Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
USA
Hey
your choice is also good you can try this style as per your like but I believe you can likewise try simple sneakers with shirt and jeans which additionally give your trendy look.:)
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
I think it would fit good, but depends on jeans and shirt style.

Ask ppl around you, women working in clothing store can help you alot if you ask for their opinion.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

U

user43770

Guest
Not really sure where I should ask this, but is it okay to wear a shirt with jeans/trainers.

What I mean is like a normal shirt, normal jeans and these style of shoes:



or is that a fashion faux pas?
Those look baller to me. I have a pair of white Sperry's like that, and a pair of red ones.

Fvcking Florida outlet mall...
 
U

user43770

Guest
By the way, "faux pas" are for women. Wear what you want.
 

Shrubber101

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2018
Messages
187
Reaction score
203
Age
53
As long as you don't tuck shirt in jeans. If you're going to do that, wear a waistcoat. Imo a waistcoat is the best thing you can own. Takes you out of the scruffy casual zone but not too formal and it sets you apart from the rest. Just make sure you don't end. Up looking like a hipster or a waiter though.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,082
Reaction score
1,717
Age
29
Any flat sole sneaker along these lines are typically fine with jeans. Sketchers, old school converse...whatever. The fashion faux pas most people refer to are athletic sneakers with jeans, such as running or basket ball sneakers.

Short of minor things like that, you should go primarily go by proper fit and a look that makes YOU feel like you look good.

That said, I always try to avoid looking too pristine and crisp when dressing casually. If the clothes are fairly new and in good shape I’ll go with a slightly messier hair style. Or if the hair looks really good I’ll incorporate a shirt with a faded logo, or jeans that show a little wear and tear.

Too perfect is metrosexual and unmanly.
So sneakers with jeans is a definite no? Even if they're something nice like the Adidas Ultraboost?
 

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
1,323
Location
NJ/NYC
So sneakers with jeans is a definite no? Even if they're something nice like the Adidas Ultraboost?
Those would look okay with slim-fitting jeans.

I would say it's always better to wear leather footwear with jeans, and non-athletic sneakers with shorts.
 
Top