Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cleared it with the mods! A thread I’ve wanted to do for years. Post your real life picture let the community help fix your looks!(completely optiona)

Read for FREE!

Read for FREE!

Read for FREE!

deBrito

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good. youre fine lookswise but as you know there is always room for improvement.
Yes sir, thank you for your input.
With the knowledge shared here, i'm changing my life for the better in many aspects.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
With the knowledge shared here, i'm changing my life for the better in many aspects.
You've got a good foundation to build on. Legs seem proportional to the rest of your body which is very important...you definitely don't want to have a huge upper body and tiny legs, it looks horrible but so many guys don't even lift lower body.

Keep it up bro!

Read for FREE!

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do have a really good foundation.

What I would suggest based on what I like:
Build up your body a bit more in a clean way, 300cals above maintenance and seek to gain about 7 lbs with minimal fat gain (you will gain some when done in a short period of time - I'd shoot for 6 months for this portion), or at least 15-20% heavier on a lot of your compound lifts. When you obtain this I would start cutting to show off those abs which will have you looking more fluid and proportional throughout.
Focusing on these areas: Abs, shoulders - rear and medial, parts of the trapezius, calves (right now they don't have ideal shape from the front, could use more contours and lift).
Make sure you're stretching your chest. Your lats are quite big, which is really good, but be careful that it doesn't make your arms flare out too much because it will look disproportionate to other muscles, as it does somewhat have that perception right now. And it will make you come off in a way that isn't as attractive, as right now there is a 'gym-bro' flare 'im huge/tuff' essence which doesn't actually seem like how you are. And make sure your traps and lower back are proportional to your lat size.

Facial wise: Your main central features are good. terrific eyebrows, good masculine straight nose, and good lips - you seem friendly and approachable but also have a masculine factor due to a semi prominent brow bone and strong chin. So I'm sure some men and women will be intimidated by you but it's clear to see you're not a an a-hole. you have a presence.
It doesn't seem like you can grow facial hair, except a somewhat sparse mustache, so in that case I would opt for clean-shaven always, if it doesn't irritate your skin, of course.
If you let all your facial hair grow is it just in the upper lip area, or is it possible you can get some around your jaw?

The biggest concern is your overall skin health - you suffer minorly from blemishes and bumps. It's not horrendous by any stretch, but it is noticeable, and it can certainly be improved which I think will have impactful positive consequences if you can get this on-point.
Invest in some good skincare, clean up the diet a bit, stay away from inflaming foods/drinks, maybe get a skin consultation with a quality esthetician who can recommend specific quality products for your skin type and areas of concern. Skincare isn't a want, it's a need! (and go for quality rather than just products. it's a great investment and will have you gracefully aging - Aesop and Skinceuticals are my favorites and what I use)

As for your hair, I would suggest slightly more on the sides, so you have a little play, and 30-50% longer on the top, with it definitely off your forehead. This will give you more length vertically too, for enhancement of facial dimensions. You possess an oval face shape, so more hair will make your positive features stand out more. And more hair will also play off your darker eyebrows which will give your eyes more depth or pop. You have a prominent chin which gives you a masculine edge and presence. Buzzed heads and short short will look better with guys who have more prominent jaws and cheekbones - square or diamond faces - as they need less of a frame due to the fact they want those areas to be highlighted. Notice how most models don't have hair on the sides - this is why.

All in all, you're in a good place man. Just need a few manipulations here and there. But you're on the right track!

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Figure I may as well go for it. What should I work on during this pandemic as far as appearance goes?
Can't comment on your body, obviously because you're wearing a shirt. But your forearm looks good lol.

Facial: I would clean up the facial hair a bit, so it doesn't look as messy and unkempt - keep it all the same length or at least doing a better job with the illusion of that. No more than 1 or 1.5mm deviations in the hair length setting. It's good you can grow some as this will add to your overall look.
Could you try contacts as opposed to glasses? You have a really good nose and full lips. Facial structure is decent as well, so removing glasses will assist in bringing your structure out. Hard to tell if you have semi-prominent cheek bones or if its your glasses enchnacing it through magnification.
It's always better to have your face shape frame you, as opposed to your frames frame you as those become the most apparent, especially because it's sitting in the middle of your face. And it's one less thing to hide behind.

As for the hair? It seems as though you're hiding behind it a bit. so I would grow it symmetrically on both sides, lose the length on the one side creating asymmetry. Get it off your forehead.
1. it makes you look asymmetrical. 2. It makes you look immature like I would see with a highschooler 3. makes it seem like your hangout spot is at a dungy dive bar listening to garage bands or punk; so that will limit you on a purely aesthetic, first impression level to a specific group of women who have similar interests or style. No need to pigeon hole yourself.

As for your bathroom mirror? Windex and Paper towel.

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks bro, here's a couple more pics that might indicate what you mean. Neither has a beard shadow so I would have to add that of course. But which closer cut is closest to what you mean? If neither is close, do you have a google picture to show it?

View attachment 3476

View attachment 3477

PS. I was in the navy over the summer when I was 16 which I really appreciate having done, but I haven't been in since then. I would recommend anyone who hasn't been in the military to do a 3 month or whatever stay, you will learn new values giving you a new perspective. When I came back, the vain atomism of civilian life seemed empty and corrupt to me by comparison.

Thanks, I just prefer the younger look of being clean shaven or having a shadow over having a full beard, but everyone else seems to prefer the opposite haha.
actually the short buzzcut does look better , makes you look way different

Read for FREE!

deBrito

Don Juan
Reaction score
You do have a really good foundation.

What I would suggest based on what I like:
Build up your body a bit more in a clean way, 300cals above maintenance and seek to gain about 7 lbs with minimal fat gain (you will gain some when done in a short period of time - I'd shoot for 6 months for this portion), or at least 15-20% heavier on a lot of your compound lifts. When you obtain this I would start cutting to show off those abs which will have you looking more fluid and proportional throughout.
Focusing on these areas: Abs, shoulders - rear and medial, parts of the trapezius, calves (right now they don't have ideal shape from the front, could use more contours and lift).
Make sure you're stretching your chest. Your lats are quite big, which is really good, but be careful that it doesn't make your arms flare out too much because it will look disproportionate to other muscles, as it does somewhat have that perception right now. And it will make you come off in a way that isn't as attractive, as right now there is a 'gym-bro' flare 'im huge/tuff' essence which doesn't actually seem like how you are. And make sure your traps and lower back are proportional to your lat size.

Facial wise: Your main central features are good. terrific eyebrows, good masculine straight nose, and good lips - you seem friendly and approachable but also have a masculine factor due to a semi prominent brow bone and strong chin. So I'm sure some men and women will be intimidated by you but it's clear to see you're not a an a-hole. you have a presence.
It doesn't seem like you can grow facial hair, except a somewhat sparse mustache, so in that case I would opt for clean-shaven always, if it doesn't irritate your skin, of course.
If you let all your facial hair grow is it just in the upper lip area, or is it possible you can get some around your jaw?

The biggest concern is your overall skin health - you suffer minorly from blemishes and bumps. It's not horrendous by any stretch, but it is noticeable, and it can certainly be improved which I think will have impactful positive consequences if you can get this on-point.
Invest in some good skincare, clean up the diet a bit, stay away from inflaming foods/drinks, maybe get a skin consultation with a quality esthetician who can recommend specific quality products for your skin type and areas of concern. Skincare isn't a want, it's a need! (and go for quality rather than just products. it's a great investment and will have you gracefully aging - Aesop and Skinceuticals are my favorites and what I use)

As for your hair, I would suggest slightly more on the sides, so you have a little play, and 30-50% longer on the top, with it definitely off your forehead. This will give you more length vertically too, for enhancement of facial dimensions. You possess an oval face shape, so more hair will make your positive features stand out more. And more hair will also play off your darker eyebrows which will give your eyes more depth or pop. You have a prominent chin which gives you a masculine edge and presence. Buzzed heads and short short will look better with guys who have more prominent jaws and cheekbones - square or diamond faces - as they need less of a frame due to the fact they want those areas to be highlighted. Notice how most models don't have hair on the sides - this is why.

All in all, you're in a good place man. Just need a few manipulations here and there. But you're on the right track!
Thank you for the time you've spent sharing your knowledge with me and of course the deep insight.

About the body; i'm eating a less amount of food than i were and it is not clean at all, but in counterpart i'm maxing out my weights, as said in "or at least 15-20% heavier on a lot of your compound lifts.", i'm doing that. Bench is at 225lbs, deadlift is around 300lbs and squat is my weakest at 175lbs because i had a knee problem which i'm still recovering (have in mind that im adapting the kg to lbs to make it easier for you to understand). I've always felt that my body lacks traps, i think it is one of my weakspots, i'm working them 3x a week, the same with my arms, now with your commentary, i'm perceiving that my lats do make my arms appear smaller in proportion, and i'm already developing them. Recently i started to stretch all my muscles before and after a workout session, but could you enlighten me on why you gave the chest stretch a focus?
"right now there is a 'gym-bro' flare 'im huge/tuff' essence which doesn't actually seem like how you are.", i don't have anything to say about this, you are spot on.

About face; i had a lot of girls and guys say that i'm intimidating to them, but i cannot comprehend that, as i don't want to share this kind of vibe but in some ways i think i do subconsciously, because there must be a reason they said that. I cannot grow facial hair yet, just on my chin and the moustache, i believe it is because im still too young for it. As for now, im keeping the clean shave, as it does not irritate my skin. I'm currently working on my acne problems, i do not want to use accutane because it effects your hormones, and i'm using those soaps for acne, i dont know the brands you've mentioned mostly because i think they're not comercialized here in Brazil.

About hair; personally i like short hair, just because it is easier to take care, but i'll make sure to let it grow a little more and see the results.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but could you enlighten me on why you gave the chest stretch a focus?
So your front delts and chest don't pull your body inwards/forward.

You want an upright, straight posture where your arms would sit well alongside your body, which will look more natural, rather than a contrived way. This is why having very balanced delts are key. As well as a balanced posterior and anterior. Most men have over-developed anterior muscles, due to the fact that they can see them on a daily basis in the mirror - beach muscles such as the chest, front delts, biceps, abs). So generally, rear delts and posterior muscles remain slightly neglected along with middle traps as they stay hidden from our personal view.
Most people have posterior issues down the road due to these muscle imbalances - tight hips, hamstrings, shoulders, lower back.

Furthermore, your personal anatomy (traps) are just your natural weak point. Which is fine, they just need extra attention as they don't grow as easily as some specific muscles you have. Me personally? My front delts grow quickly, so any time they are secondary movements is fine - they don't need isolation work. My rear deltoids do. Bodybuilding is just seeing how your body responds to various stimulus and training regimens. Takes a lot of time and effort to concoct the ideal routine for your aesthetic goals and body type.

Based on your anterior pictures your lats grow easily, but your middle back, upper, and lower may seem as though they are neglected. But it could all have to do with the chosen movements you have allocated to your routine. We would have to see your posterior to have a more precise gauge of what needs what. Ideally with no long shorts to see hamstring, quad, glute development as this will have an effect on how proportional your body is.

Always remember: Proportion and symmetry are key in the aesthetic realm.

Also to add: Most men have severely underdeveloped glutes, which will make their lower body disproportionate. And will actually kill some bigger lifts of theirs. When I started working my glutes way more, any knee pain and lower back pain began to subside. And it actually improved other lifts like standing barbell shoulder press and such as I was no engaging more of my lower body and core. And from an aesthetic viewpoint, my body became much nicer. Most men neglect glutes because they think it's girly. But contrary to the "ego-bros" look up the statue of David or any greek sculpture. All the atheltes and gorgeous statues of time, the men always have a strong buttocks lol. Plus, chicks love a good @ss too. There just so much incentive to train your butt, it's outrageous everyone isn't.

Hip thrusts
Good Morning
Romanian Deadlifts
If you're just starting with these compounds I suggest a hip band around your knees. I use MD Buddy Heavy Band - it's neon yellow and black. I also use it on squats to train my mind to always engage glutes. It's an excellent way to retrain muscle-mind connection. Because for so long we have been used to just pressing or pulling the weight up. This is a terrible downfall as we often recruit erroneous muscles that shouldn't be engaged during some lifts - which potentially create the aforementioned imbalances.
Since using this little MD Buddy band I have had NO knee pain or issues squatting (I injured my knee years ago playing football) You may be looked at in a judgemental way at times, but honestly, I would rather have a functional pain free developed body than look like someone who thinks he knows what he's doing, but doesn't and is not happy about his results and knee/back pain/flat butt.

First rule of the gym is to drop ALL ego. This means heavier than acceptable weight and poor form just to 'get it up'. All movements should be controlled throughout with deep muscle-mind connection.

Last edited:

Read for FREE!

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just realized this is a "help fix your looks" thread and not just a photo posting thread. Well, I'm 5'5 so if anyone has any tips on how to get taller, lemme know.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have reservations about posting images on line. However, there is too much positivity in this thread not to partake. This is me. Age 30. My biggest liability in dating has always been height and stature. I'm genetically short and skinny (5'7, 135 lbs pre-lifting). In these photos I'm 165 lbs.

View attachment 3535View attachment 3536
This was such a good thread figured I bump. Since COVID I lost 10 lbs until November when I built my home gym. I gained it all back plus about 3-5 lbs more or so. I’m about 170 now. These are a couple pics I just took that I’m using for online dating. I’m getting a lot more messages now. Enough chicks are messaging me first now I just sit back and let it ride. Still mostly getting girls in the 6-7 range. The 8s message back but still act like they’re no good. Lol

C4AB6FFC-AB26-4A66-B9CC-422810E4E424.jpegA13F2558-BDB9-45AA-983A-7FF165B8973C.jpeg