Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cleared it with the mods! A thread I’ve wanted to do for years. Post your real life picture let the community help fix your looks!(completely optiona)

RickTheToad

Reaction score
ok, missing only the arrowroot and maple syrup and dry yeast but will get and bake. I have 2 pullman pans here.
Also the chia I have is ground, not in seed form.
Thanks, new baking project!
Grounded chia is fine. If you can get some flax and mix it in, it will be even healthier (and tastier). Arrowroot can be found online, but I am not sure how fast Amazon or Walmart are delivering. Lucky Vitamin might have it. For the maple syrup, just make sure you get a quality one, not an Aunt Jemima fake one. It's how the yeast ferments. Higher the quality, the better. I get my from Costco for 6 bucks, but it's been a zoo there.

Any questions, reach out. Also, you can add raisens or chocolate chips to make it even more tasty. Soo many options, and pretty cheap to make.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Grounded chia is fine. If you can get some flax and mix it in, it will be even healthier (and tastier). Arrowroot can be found online, but I am not sure how fast Amazon or Walmart are delivering. Lucky Vitamin might have it. For the maple syrup, just make sure you get a quality one, not an Aunt Jemima fake one. It's how the yeast ferments. Higher the quality, the better. I get my from Costco for 6 bucks, but it's been a zoo there.

Any questions, reach out. Also, you can add raisens or chocolate chips to make it even more tasty. Soo many options, and pretty cheap to make.
very nice standards on the syrup-I agree. I agree with the benefits of flax. I make a rough-ground flax wrap in the microwave that turns out ok for folding in half but not rolling. But the microwaves probably obliterate the valuable flax omegas. Still tasty and satisfying though.

There's a place called Bulk Barn here that I get unique or loose ingredients. No doubt they'll have the arrowroot. Some baking or natural foods aisles of big box stores have that small box of arrowroot. I've never handled that flour yet, possibly what makes this bread sweet? (is it high glycemic flour?)
This will be the first time combining nonwheat with yeast. Pretty curious with this recipe, thanks. Thanks for being available too.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
very nice standards on the syrup-I agree. I agree with the benefits of flax. I make a rough-ground flax wrap in the microwave that turns out ok for folding in half but not rolling. But the microwaves probably obliterate the valuable flax omegas. Still tasty and satisfying though.

There's a place called Bulk Barn here that I get unique or loose ingredients. No doubt they'll have the arrowroot. Some baking or natural foods aisles of big box stores have that small box of arrowroot. I've never handled that flour yet, possibly what makes this bread sweet? (is it high glycemic flour?)
This will be the first time combining nonwheat with yeast. Pretty curious with this recipe, thanks. Thanks for being available too.
It's not a sweet bread as there is barely any sugar. The sugar in the maple syrup is eaten up by the active dry yeast, so the sugar is nil. This is 100% low glycemic and 100% keto (without the raisens). You can add sugar free chocolate from Hersheys if you want basically 1 or 2 total grams of sugar in slice. If you do not care and want to treat yourself, add some raw honey to the mix on top. Raw honey is very good for us. The base recipe I gave is just that, a base. I've made one with raisins, fresh Italian herbs, chocolate, espresso, macademia, etc. After you master the basic version, then play around with it. I find it delicious, but people used to regular sweet and carby bread may need get used to it. Just make sure you let it cool prior to eating.

For your ground flax wrap, you can get a nice cast iron tortilla press for 20 bucks and you'd be good. This is the one I used in the past.

Read for FREE!

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
huh, so I'd heat that in the oven? Notice the product description 'seasoned with flaxseed oil' . Didn't think of that oil for seasoning my cast yet.

Good tip as a mw alternative.

Espresso and macademia are creative flavours in bread.

I think I was thinking the arrowroot sends blood sugar up higher half hour after eating than even white flour.(according to wheat belly and grain brain books...iirc) But I guess that doesn't mean the taste profile is sweet, you're right.

This is cool, thanks again. Do you know I have over 120 cookbooks/food books and I wish I had digitized(external hard drive or stick or something) them all, already. For non-internet times. Recipes are a valuable asset, probably don't have to tell you. As valuable as a strong immune system.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
huh, so I'd heat that in the oven? Notice the product description 'seasoned with flaxseed oil' . Didn't think of that oil for seasoning my cast yet.

Good tip as a mw alternative.

Espresso and macademia are creative flavours in bread.

I think I was thinking the arrowroot sends blood sugar up higher half hour after eating than even white flour.(according to wheat belly and grain brain books...iirc) But I guess that doesn't mean the taste profile is sweet, you're right.

This is cool, thanks again. Do you know I have over 120 cookbooks/food books and I wish I had digitized(external hard drive or stick or something) them all, already. For non-internet times. Recipes are a valuable asset, probably don't have to tell you. As valuable as a strong immune system.
It's only a cup, but you can omit the arrowroot if you like. I tend to use more of the coconut flour as I like the taste, but experiment and see what portions work for you.

Most cast iron do need seasoning. Put your oven on at 250 for two hours after taking a towel and some oil and laying a coat on the cast iron and you're good to go. You will like the taste of the wrap after pressing it in a cast iron maker.

I have many recipe books too. However, I've found a lot of keto ones online and experimented with my own. All trial and error.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Certainly.

You will need the following ingredients:

1 cup of almond flour
1/3 cup of coconut flour
1 cup of arrowroot flour
1 teaspoon of sea salt
2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
1.5 tablespoons of chia seeds
2 tablespoons of psyllium husk
1.24 cups of filtered water
2 teaspoons of maple syrup
1 egg

Directions.

Mix together all of the flour listed above in a bowl (medium to large size) along with the sea salt. Heat the water to around 110 degrees F. add the maple syrup to the hot water and stir. Add the dry yeast and stir. Let sit for 10 minutes. It should be foamy and bubbly.

Stir the chia and psyllium power into the yeast mixture and let sit for a minute. Combine and then pour mixture into the flour/sea salt mixture. Kneed the "dough" for a minute and then place back into the bowl to rise for an hour. Pre-heat oven to 425. Take a damp paper towel and cover the bowl. Shape your "dough" into a circular or square shape (your choice). Next take an egg and scramble. Score the top of the bread like a tic-tac-toe design and brush with the egg wash. Place into the oven for about 40 minutes. Let it cool and your good to go.

Once you get good at making the bread above, you can experiment with herbs, honey, seeds, nuts, etc. to make it taste even better. Let me know how you make out.
excited...I just began.... and waiting for 10 min yeast growth to finish

Read for FREE!

Serenity

Reaction score
Baking bread is a pretty intoxicating smell. Done in 16 min
At least 2 times every week my house smells of bread baking. I learned to bake sourdough bread about a month ago, I haven't bought a bread since, just flour. It's very simple, it just takes a lot of time (most of which is doing nothing actively) and some planning if you have a schedule. It's the best bread I've ever tasted, I dont think I can go back or even bake with store bought yeast again.

Read for FREE!

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
At least 2 times every week my house smells of bread baking. I learned to bake sourdough bread about a month ago, I haven't bought a bread since, just flour. It's very simple, it just takes a lot of time (most of which is doing nothing actively) and some planning if you have a schedule. It's the best bread I've ever tasted, I dont think I can go back or even bake with store bought yeast again.
Good job, sourdough is nice.
It is easy to do this. Just the time commitment, like you said.

Read for FREE!

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Let us know how it turns out!

What's stsrter?
oh Serenity does sourdough and said he doesn't use yeast so it must be a starter he keeps. I think its like a hunk of wet dough you have to keep warm somewhere all the time until you use it to make new loaf. Never tried it.
Mine turned out delicious but...I'm a self-forgiving baker, lol Improved in texture only after completely cooling. Didn't rise too much(in bowl or while baking) but still very nice. Thanks again! I had fun

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In pioneer days, a lot of people baked bread every day.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
In pioneer days, a lot of people baked bread every day.
Yes. Learned that in the Laura Ingalls Wilder series of "Little House on the Prairie" books I started reading at 8 years old. The spirit and high moral values for women and description of hard work is fascinating in those books.
I'd love to bake bread everyday. Super cheerful memories from baking for my grandma and parents on vacation. I'm not sure why do we ever stop what we love doing? Was it really lack of time and energy?

Read for FREE!

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
girls enjoy creating from a mans provisions, to feed him, to keep him healthy... so that he can continue to provide (and protect)

its all very primal.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
oh Serenity does sourdough and said he doesn't use yeast so it must be a starter he keeps. I think its like a hunk of wet dough you have to keep warm somewhere all the time until you use it to make new loaf. Never tried it.
Mine turned out delicious but...I'm a self-forgiving baker, lol Improved in texture only after completely cooling. Didn't rise too much(in bowl or while baking) but still very nice. Thanks again! I had fun
Yes, it tastes better after it cools and settles. I happen to love the taste and the bread is actually really healthy and good for you. Add different spices and flavors and you can make some really tasty concoctions. It doesn't really rise much as the ingredients do not really give it the ability to do so.

Read for FREE!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
girls enjoy creating from a mans provisions, to feed him, to keep him healthy... so that he can continue to provide (and protect)
its all very primal.
Interesting comment. I would say that it true, as long as the girl is high interest.

The impression I get from the whole counterculture and feminism movement is that they resented being domestic, keeping the house.
Also interesting that you talk about providing (along with protecting) being primal, when guys here dismiss that as a beta trait.
That's never sat quite right with me. In hunter/gatherer days, the man was always out hunting to provide. Yet PUAs want to tell you that women automatically look at guys able to provide as chumps.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it tastes better after it cools and settles. I happen to love the taste and the bread is actually really healthy and good for you. Add different spices and flavors and you can make some really tasty concoctions. It doesn't really rise much as the ingredients do not really give it the ability to do so.
ok, because for the next one I was going to try to be a little hotter on the yeast mix and then maybe proof it in a turned off oven <100°F . But if that's all she'll rise then so be it.
I was thinking cinnamon and raw sunflower seeds next....this combo tastes good in oatmeal soo.....