Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Checking credit score

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason I'm asking is because this company called Tmobile and apparently says I owe them 900$ from 2009 and now the collection company supposedly took over the debt. How come Tmobile never did anything or reported anything until this year?

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check your state's law, but many states have a 4-year statute of limitations on most consumer debts. You can't be sued for an old debt after the statute of limitation runs out. Additionally, you have to be served a notice that you are being sued. If you move around, don't inform banks of your current address, etc., you can pretty easily prevent proper service of notice until the lawsuit dies a year or two after it was filed. If you were never properly notified of a lawsuit, any judgment can easily be vacated (wiped off the books) if you do so within your state's time limit after you learned there was a judgment.

A negative item must be removed from your credit report after 7 years, while positive items must stay for 10 years. Which means, no matter how rotten your credit is now, there'll be a sweet spot of beautiful credit 7-10 years after your last baddie appeared on your credit reports.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vantagepoint said:
The reason I'm asking is because this company called Tmobile and apparently says I owe them 900$ from 2009 and now the collection company supposedly took over the debt. How come Tmobile never did anything or reported anything until this year?
Then you ask for proof of debt. You give them not one cent in return. Any money you give them, even a penny, is admission of debt.

You ask for proof. Once you have that, then you can go further. If you really did have the debt, then you can negotiate with them. They buy that debt for maybe $200-300 max and hope to collect the full $900, so that gives you plenty of wiggle room.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Then you ask for proof of debt. You give them not one cent in return. Any money you give them, even a penny, is admission of debt.

You ask for proof. Once you have that, then you can go further. If you really did have the debt, then you can negotiate with them. They buy that debt for maybe $200-300 max and hope to collect the full $900, so that gives you plenty of wiggle room.
Thanks that didn't even come to mind. They called me during a fourth of July bbq and the last thing that was on my mind was a collection company. Will be asking them for proof of debt next time that comes around.