Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Boycott Gillette

Calihopeful

Don Juan
Reaction score
This cuts as well as a two or three blades?
Pfft, I have thick stubble, I think it cuts better. Your mileage may vary, but there are different razor blades you can purchase. For example, "Feathers" are considered to be one of the sharpest and most aggressive. You can get "sample packs" with a variety of razors and find one you like.

I do one pass with the grain, one pass across. Baby smooth. Switch blades out every 2 or 3 shaves. If you buy a pack of 100, its like 10-15 cents a blade.

SpanishFly

Don Juan
Reaction score
This advert has emerged in Spain, dubbed into Spanish, but with the same content and message. It has been heavily criticised in the press, even the left wing media calling it "victimisation of masculinity". Gillette have made a huge error of judgement, on a worldwide level. Let's hope that this fiasco helps to recenter western society to embrace a rational mindset once more.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fine, let some company come up with a quintuple-decker razor at a good price. I'm not using my grandfather's antique shaving equipment (although I could go for his brush that applied his shaving creme).

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, Dollar Shave Club. I only have to shave every other day at most, and these blades do the trick for me.
Grow a glorious hipster beard and you can get by with shaving only once a week.
Can anyone think of an advertising campaign within the past 10 years which was opposed to the political correctness of its era?
Swedish Bikini Team?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
You can get a safety razor for $30 and a box of 100 blades for another ~$12. The fact anyone still buys Gillette razors and blade cartridges for $20 blows my mind. I haven't bought razor blades in like 2 years.
This ancient stuff can't be found in any part of my world.

Perhaps 20 years ago it was common.

But I wouldn't mind using it once more.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This ancient stuff can't be found in any part of my world.

Perhaps 20 years ago it was common.

But I wouldn't mind using it once more.
My dad had one. I always liked playing with it, the way the mechanism opened and closed, it was kind of cool. I wouldn't mind using one, but like I said, I prefer a double blade. They need to come up with a design that stacks them.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before I stopped shaving, safety razor was the way to go. Way better shave than the multiple blade garbage and you can get 100 blades for nothing. You can purchase it all on amazon @Spaz or any other online retailer, but I am going to assume you were joking.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Before I stopped shaving, safety razor was the way to go. Way better shave than the multiple blade garbage and you can get 100 blades for nothing. You can purchase it all on amazon @Spaz or any other online retailer, but I am going to assume you were joking.
I used it in my teens to mid 20's.

I just like the fact that I could easily take off the blades, clean it and have a good shave the next morning.

It's good for 3 shaves.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They mentioned this stupid ad on SNL last night, on Weekend Update (which is hosted by Michael Che and Colin jost).

Michael Che said "Gillette has released a new ad questioning toxic masculinity, which I think is great - I mean, Colin disagrees, but personally I love when a company takes a firm social stance that literally nobody asked for". Then he went on to tie that into a Fleshlight joke.

I don't know if that was all a joke, or if Che really was in favor of it and Colin wasn't. SNL mixes their comedy in very closely with obviously real political beliefs these days. Regardless, it's interesting how much attention these ads have been getting. Funny thing is, I've never actually seen one as a commercial, the only time I've ever seen it is here or on the news.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like double blades though. And my girlfriend usually buys me razors.
I've been sort of in the same boat. My former girlfriend stocked up on twin blades (for me) when I stayed over. When I called things off, she was cool enough to box up all the toiletries for me to take home.

That was a while ago and I'm down to two Gillette twin blades. I've taken the advice here and decided to order a safety razor. I can't remember the last time I have used one.

Zekko, sounds like you and I are partial to the twin blades. I tried a "good news" Bic razor a long time ago and that was quite a disaster. From reading reviews, I ordered the "Merkur Double Edge Safety Razor." (model 163). It should arrive by the end of the week. I'll post a review for anyone that is interested.

correction: edited the model is 163 (not 161)

Last edited:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I the only one that abandoned wet shaving for electric years ago?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've become partial to triple blade. I've used the majority of Gillettes's products and find that anything more than 3 blades is just marketing wank. The 3 blade razors do just as good of a job as the 4 and 5 blade ones. The best part is multiple companies make a 3 blade razor, so there's lots for me to choose from.

I still have some Gillette products in my cupboard, and I won't be replacing them after I use them up.

And if anybody thinks that Gillette may send out an apology for the ad, just remember that women generally don't apologize.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half the men in America are married or in live in relationships with chicks. These men do not buy razors... their women do all the buying. Of the half that are truly single, 80% of them don't give a flying fvck about this commercial.

Gillette is getting their @sses kicked by competition (AKA Dollar shave club), and the fact that many men are just growing beards or stubble as a fashion.

Sorry... this is a smart marketing and advertising move. More chicks buy razors then men... that is a fact. You might not like the ad and I personally think it's stupid, but it will work.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half the men in America are married or in live in relationships with chicks. These men do not buy razors... their women do all the buying.
Just to be clear, my girlfriend often comes home with razors for me. She buys them because she's thoughtful, and she knows the exact brand and model I like. It's not like she picks them out for me. She knows if she gets the wrong thing I won't use them.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half the men in America are married or in live in relationships with chicks. These men do not buy razors... their women do all the buying. Of the half that are truly single, 80% of them don't give a flying fvck about this commercial.

Gillette is getting their @sses kicked by competition (AKA Dollar shave club), and the fact that many men are just growing beards or stubble as a fashion.

Sorry... this is a smart marketing and advertising move. More chicks buy razors then men... that is a fact. You might not like the ad and I personally think it's stupid, but it will work.
Women are sensitive to the opinion of people, if it becomes common knowledge that gillette is a cuck brand, no chicks will keep them in their cart or ask for them.

The guy who came up with "gillette the best an incel can get" was pretty close to it.