"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Boycott Gillette

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,694
Reaction score
5,130
Fine, let some company come up with a quintuple-decker razor at a good price. I'm not using my grandfather's antique shaving equipment (although I could go for his brush that applied his shaving creme).
 

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,694
Reaction score
5,130
Yes, Dollar Shave Club. I only have to shave every other day at most, and these blades do the trick for me.
Grow a glorious hipster beard and you can get by with shaving only once a week.
Can anyone think of an advertising campaign within the past 10 years which was opposed to the political correctness of its era?
Swedish Bikini Team?
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
You can get a safety razor for $30 and a box of 100 blades for another ~$12. The fact anyone still buys Gillette razors and blade cartridges for $20 blows my mind. I haven't bought razor blades in like 2 years.
This ancient stuff can't be found in any part of my world.

Perhaps 20 years ago it was common.

But I wouldn't mind using it once more.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
This ancient stuff can't be found in any part of my world.

Perhaps 20 years ago it was common.

But I wouldn't mind using it once more.
My dad had one. I always liked playing with it, the way the mechanism opened and closed, it was kind of cool. I wouldn't mind using one, but like I said, I prefer a double blade. They need to come up with a design that stacks them.
 

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Before I stopped shaving, safety razor was the way to go. Way better shave than the multiple blade garbage and you can get 100 blades for nothing. You can purchase it all on amazon @Spaz or any other online retailer, but I am going to assume you were joking.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Before I stopped shaving, safety razor was the way to go. Way better shave than the multiple blade garbage and you can get 100 blades for nothing. You can purchase it all on amazon @Spaz or any other online retailer, but I am going to assume you were joking.
I used it in my teens to mid 20's.

I just like the fact that I could easily take off the blades, clean it and have a good shave the next morning.

It's good for 3 shaves.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
They mentioned this stupid ad on SNL last night, on Weekend Update (which is hosted by Michael Che and Colin jost).

Michael Che said "Gillette has released a new ad questioning toxic masculinity, which I think is great - I mean, Colin disagrees, but personally I love when a company takes a firm social stance that literally nobody asked for". Then he went on to tie that into a Fleshlight joke.

I don't know if that was all a joke, or if Che really was in favor of it and Colin wasn't. SNL mixes their comedy in very closely with obviously real political beliefs these days. Regardless, it's interesting how much attention these ads have been getting. Funny thing is, I've never actually seen one as a commercial, the only time I've ever seen it is here or on the news.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
I like double blades though. And my girlfriend usually buys me razors.
I've been sort of in the same boat. My former girlfriend stocked up on twin blades (for me) when I stayed over. When I called things off, she was cool enough to box up all the toiletries for me to take home.

That was a while ago and I'm down to two Gillette twin blades. I've taken the advice here and decided to order a safety razor. I can't remember the last time I have used one.

Zekko, sounds like you and I are partial to the twin blades. I tried a "good news" Bic razor a long time ago and that was quite a disaster. From reading reviews, I ordered the "Merkur Double Edge Safety Razor." (model 163). It should arrive by the end of the week. I'll post a review for anyone that is interested.

correction: edited the model is 163 (not 161)
 
Last edited:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Am I the only one that abandoned wet shaving for electric years ago?
 

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
I've become partial to triple blade. I've used the majority of Gillettes's products and find that anything more than 3 blades is just marketing wank. The 3 blade razors do just as good of a job as the 4 and 5 blade ones. The best part is multiple companies make a 3 blade razor, so there's lots for me to choose from.

I still have some Gillette products in my cupboard, and I won't be replacing them after I use them up.

And if anybody thinks that Gillette may send out an apology for the ad, just remember that women generally don't apologize.
 

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
4,762
Reaction score
7,975
Location
USA, Louisiana
Half the men in America are married or in live in relationships with chicks. These men do not buy razors... their women do all the buying. Of the half that are truly single, 80% of them don't give a flying fvck about this commercial.

Gillette is getting their @sses kicked by competition (AKA Dollar shave club), and the fact that many men are just growing beards or stubble as a fashion.

Sorry... this is a smart marketing and advertising move. More chicks buy razors then men... that is a fact. You might not like the ad and I personally think it's stupid, but it will work.
 
Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
Half the men in America are married or in live in relationships with chicks. These men do not buy razors... their women do all the buying.
Just to be clear, my girlfriend often comes home with razors for me. She buys them because she's thoughtful, and she knows the exact brand and model I like. It's not like she picks them out for me. She knows if she gets the wrong thing I won't use them.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
Half the men in America are married or in live in relationships with chicks. These men do not buy razors... their women do all the buying. Of the half that are truly single, 80% of them don't give a flying fvck about this commercial.

Gillette is getting their @sses kicked by competition (AKA Dollar shave club), and the fact that many men are just growing beards or stubble as a fashion.

Sorry... this is a smart marketing and advertising move. More chicks buy razors then men... that is a fact. You might not like the ad and I personally think it's stupid, but it will work.
Women are sensitive to the opinion of people, if it becomes common knowledge that gillette is a cuck brand, no chicks will keep them in their cart or ask for them.

The guy who came up with "gillette the best an incel can get" was pretty close to it.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Women are sensitive to the opinion of people, if it becomes common knowledge that gillette is a cuck brand, no chicks will keep them in their cart or ask for them.

The guy who came up with "gillette the best an incel can get" was pretty close to it.
Not true. Being the cvxk brand shows hes sensitive to the needs of the evil overlords. She would be supporting that cause. Gilette is banking that MORE females will buy the product.
 

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 14, 2016
Messages
89
Reaction score
50
I’m not intentionally boycotting anyone but I’m not going to buy anything from them either. Haven’t used Gillette for a long time. I’ve been using a safety razor for a while now, mainly due to environmental purposes (so much plastic for everything).

Back when shave club came out I almost bought into it. I researched it and everything I read were that their razors are from Dorco. I bought directly from Dorco and they worked well and were cheaper. I still get spam from them so after the Gillette ad I bought some more. They just came in the mail 20 minutes ago.
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
Not true. Being the cvxk brand shows hes sensitive to the needs of the evil overlords. She would be supporting that cause. Gilette is banking that MORE females will buy the product.
A girl wont buy her bf a razor from a brand known to serve cucks, she would buy it for herself if she is a sjw but not the other case.

I could be wrong ofc, it always amaze me how women can take stupid decisions or embarass their own men in the western world....Im probably too logical and common sense oriented to properly predict their behaviour.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top