"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Boot Camp Journal

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
907
Reaction score
0
Kick as s bro,
Its good to see ya made it threw. This site REALLY works. Im curious now as to what your post - bootcamp plans are: Meet girls and have STR's and booty calls, or possible LTR? Or are ya gonna take a short break?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

A1SteakSauce

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Congrats

Walden,

I think you've got a lot of balls to take this all the way through. Props to you. It seems this board really motivated you. I feel like motivation is the greatest factor in this game, like in sales. It's too easy to let things slide. It's like lifting. Used to be the man, now . . . ahem. Anyway, hope you'll keep up a good baseline DJ level now that boot camp's over.

A1
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
I know thread is old but i'm wondering if anybody else finished the program besides Walden. Out of god knows how many users, only one finished?

i'm on my first week.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
even if you don't finish...i think atleast making an attempt to follow the steps in the boot camp will help your conversation and life skills for some time on. Any sort of effort to be apart of the Don Juan boot camp can only help you....so it's all good.
 

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
865
Reaction score
10
Location
Swansea, Wales, UK
Bump, to stop the thread being deleted due to inactive time.

Nick
 

peteinside

New Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hey Walden. I'm a newbie here and I just read most of your bootcamp. It's really inspiring.

I'm going to start going through it all. Although mine probably will not be quite as thorough I hope it will help me to overcome my fear of approaching girls and shyness.

:cheer: Congrats Walden! :cheer:

Petein
 

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
Bump, to stop the thread being deleted due to inactive time.
How can this thread be deleted, it's in the Bible? What about the other inactive threads in the Bible, will they be deleted too?

EO
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

hardrockfan

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Tampa, Florida
BUMP

I think it is important for people to read a success story to be motivated themselves to make improvements. Nothing leads to success like success right?
 

Vilempror

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Absolutely Amazing

Walden, you have attained herioc status in my eyes. Your boot camp journal is truly inspiring, and I think you did everyone on here a service by making such a detailed recording of your pro gression.
 

Split Infinity

New Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
39
That was awesome. I have to say, seeing someone go through it from the state that I am in right now and evolving so much over the course of the bootcamp really inspires me to do this thing.

I'm starting tomorrow.

Oh, and good job man.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top