Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Blood test revealed pre diabetes

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m shocked guys. I’m 6 feet, 150lbs. I work in construction (8 hours of cardio, 5 days a week). I eat mostly steel cut oats (NOT quick oats), beans, sweet potatoes, olive and coconut oil. Butter in my coffee at home, I do have a snickers bar after work but that’s because I’m hungry working all day.
No idea how I can be pre diabetes. I have a host of food intolerances so I have to eat very clean and now this? My health is ****ed. What can I do?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing really, genetics is a b!tch, you can do all right and get sick and at the same time you can do all wrong smoke like refinary and still never get sick.

and pre diabetes can be just some wrong numbers that time you need to do the blood test again and see if the results hold, also if anything you should ask a doctor not here

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing really, genetics is a b!tch, you can do all right and get sick and at the same time you can do all wrong smoke like refinary and still never get sick.

and pre diabetes can be just some wrong numbers that time you need to do the blood test again and see if the results hold, also if anything you should ask a doctor not here
Yeah I’m seeing my regular doctor on Thursday but **** I had to vent because k always been super careful with my diet. I swear it seems like maybe that is what caused it in the first place

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got my blood test last year and was diagnosed with stage 1 hypertension. Doctor didn’t seem too worried because she said “you’re self employed, I see guys like you everyday. At least you work out though, keep doing that and get away from stress as much as you can”.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got my blood test last year and was diagnosed with stage 1 hypertension. Doctor didn’t seem too worried because she said “you’re self employed, I see guys like you everyday. At least you work out though, keep doing that and get away from stress as much as you can”.
Doctors seem so useless nowadays

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you become diabetic, you'll probably directed first to take Metformin. Ask for Janumet, that will lower the intake of Metformin. And just cut all extra sugar and processed foods from your diet. Drink coffee black, be careful with dairy products as they can spike insulin.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yup you just never know, you can do everything right. Lots of men have afib, or dvt and don’t know it till they start throwing clots or get short of breath and have a cardiovascular accident. Guys that are ripped and athlete level.

I hope you can resolve this with diet and some cardio.

ManlyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
lower your carbs. keeps blood sugar levels normal. 1 in 3 of people have prediabetes. That is the people who are aware they have prediabetes

Last edited:

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You chose the wrong parents bruh. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure stage 2 at 30 yo, I've always played sports and have relatively fit my whole life.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m shocked guys. I’m 6 feet, 150lbs. I work in construction (8 hours of cardio, 5 days a week). I eat mostly steel cut oats (NOT quick oats), beans, sweet potatoes, olive and coconut oil. Butter in my coffee at home, I do have a snickers bar after work but that’s because I’m hungry working all day.
No idea how I can be pre diabetes. I have a host of food intolerances so I have to eat very clean and now this? My health is ****ed. What can I do?
Start intermittently fasting right away.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you get your blood test taken while fasted?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
First question...was this a fasted blood draw? If not the test is meaningless.

Also..a single blood test cannot be used to diagnose something like this. It would need to be a series of them all showing the same thing under fasted conditions over a period of time. Just like one blood pressure reading cannot be used to diagnose someone with high blood pressure... needs to be a series of them all showing high readings over time.

If the above is all true...it was a fasted test and this is a pattern over a longer time then I would look into Glucose Disposal Agents. They are one of the first things I use to help when I am looking to drop weight since they help stabilize glucose, make the body more insulin sensitive and get it into the cells very efficiently via multiple different pathways.

600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid taken with 300 mg Berberine and 1000mg of Chromium in the morning.

Sprinkle cinnamon on things at meals, or take Cinnulin PF, a standardized water soluble form of it

1 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar in at least 8 oz of water before going to bed.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Family member of mine has weighed just over 450 for the past... 7 years? Maybe longer, like perfectly healthy other than back pain, walks around like he weights maybe 300, it's unbelievable really, definitely would not believe it myself had I not seen the numbers and weight. He is 5'10

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it is one test only, see what you can change with lifestyle. Sounds like you live pretty clean. Remove all sugar and refined carbohydrates from your diet. Also, get rid of the butter and coconut oil. Try a Mediterranean-style diet or DASH diet instead.

Does diabetes run in your family? If you are 150 lbs and become diabetic, it is clearly genetic.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup you just never know, you can do everything right. Lots of men have afib, or dvt and don’t know it till they start throwing clots or get short of breath and have a cardiovascular accident. Guys that are ripped and athlete level.

I hope you can resolve this with diet and some cardio.
Bro my entire job is 8 hours a day of cardio
Family member of mine has weighed just over 450 for the past... 7 years? Maybe longer, like perfectly healthy other than back pain, walks around like he weights maybe 300, it's unbelievable really, definitely would not believe it myself had I not seen the numbers and weight. He is 5'10
Yeah I weigh 150. Not the same
No

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I weigh 150.
No
First question...was this a fasted blood draw? If not the test is meaningless.

Also..a single blood test cannot be used to diagnose something like this. It would need to be a series of them all showing the same thing under fasted conditions over a period of time. Just like one blood pressure reading cannot be used to diagnose someone with high blood pressure... needs to be a series of them all showing high readings over time.

If the above is all true...it was a fasted test and this is a pattern over a longer time then I would look into Glucose Disposal Agents. They are one of the first things I use to help when I am looking to drop weight since they help stabilize glucose, make the body more insulin sensitive and get it into the cells very efficiently via multiple different pathways.

600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid taken with 300 mg Berberine and 1000mg of Chromium in the morning.

Sprinkle cinnamon on things at meals, or take Cinnulin PF, a standardized water soluble form of it

1 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar in at least 8 oz of water before going to bed.
it was not a fasted test no. I had eaten probably a few hours before.

can I take those supplements you mentioned even if it turns out I’m NOT prediabetic? Thanks

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I weigh 150.

No

can I take those supplements you mentioned even if it turns out I’m NOT prediabetic? Thanks
Hahahaha bro wtf, glucose levels need to be fasted, don't you know how to follow instructions from your Doctor? Delete this thread!!!

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Are the sugar levels too high? I use natural medicine to keep the sugar levels low, its worked so far.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is a lot of carbs. Even if they're healthy, that's still a lot. Maybe eat more protein and fat for a few months and see if that makes a difference? Might want to try fasting too.

Could also be genetic. Either way i'd get a second opinion.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I weigh 150.

No

If you weren't fasted, your test is likely invalid. Do it again fasted for 12 hours.