Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Blood test revealed pre diabetes

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are members still talking with OP??? The test is invalid, stop telling him what he should eat. Where is @RazorRambo24 when you need him to tell it like it is??? @Serenity we need some harsh advice in here, unban Razor, please.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No idea how I can be pre diabetes. I have a host of food intolerances so I have to eat very clean and now this? My health is ****ed. What can I do?
How are your triglycerides? I hear people are more likely to convert to actual diabetes if their triglycerides are high.
Sounds like you eat pretty well already, aside from the Snickers. Bad bit of luck.

Serenity

Reaction score
@Serenity we need some harsh advice in here, unban Razor, please.
Haha, that's more trouble than it's worth.

Here's my pro-tip for dealing with threads that makes you shake your head:
  1. Shake your head.
  2. Go back to the forum list.
  3. When you see that thread in the forum list, shake your head again.
  4. Keep scrolling.
  5. Pick another thread.
It's so simple you won't believe it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head telling you to give a sh!t.

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t eat any of that save for sugar which I only added this year. I eat cleaner than anyone I know and people make fun of me for it. Now they gonna be all “seee!?! Your stupid diet didn’t save you” people are ****.

Never ever ever had any
I'm late to this discussion but thought I would throw out a suggestion and some thoughts. If you can swing it and get your doctor to sign off, consider wearing a Continuous Glucose Monitor. If your doctor won't sign off, there are some doctor's online that will but it will be a little more pricey. I found regardless of what some food labels said and a foods sugar content, my body reacted poorly to certain foods in that it took longer for my body to clear the glucose and return to baseline. You can also use it to test the different supplements or meds and whether they are effective or not.

The A1C test is basically tracking your blood sugar levels over the last 3 months or maybe a little less.

Food and exercise is medicine and many prediabetic persons (not sold that you are) can fix their issues with these if caught early enough. If you do go on meds I think the goal should be to ween yourself off of them. The side effects of meds is a lot worse than the side effects of good exercise and good food. Food and exercise is just like meds in that, the dose makes the poison.

Finally, a simple 10 -30 minute walk within an hour or so of eating a meal can be a game changer. I didn't know how much so till I wore a CGM for a month. My glucose clearance sped up exponentially.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm late to this discussion but thought I would throw out a suggestion and some thoughts. If you can swing it and get your doctor to sign off, consider wearing a Continuous Glucose Monitor. If your doctor won't sign off, there are some doctor's online that will but it will be a little more pricey. I found regardless of what some food labels said and a foods sugar content, my body reacted poorly to certain foods in that it took longer for my body to clear the glucose and return to baseline. You can also use it to test the different supplements or meds and whether they are effective or not.

The A1C test is basically tracking your blood sugar levels over the last 3 months or maybe a little less.

Food and exercise is medicine and many prediabetic persons (not sold that you are) can fix their issues with these if caught early enough. If you do go on meds I think the goal should be to ween yourself off of them. The side effects of meds is a lot worse than the side effects of good exercise and good food. Food and exercise is just like meds in that, the dose makes the poison.

Finally, a simple 10 -30 minute walk within an hour or so of eating a meal can be a game changer. I didn't know how much so till I wore a CGM for a month. My glucose clearance sped up exponentially.

Yup, forgot to add that in but have talked about this in the walking thread I made but the big muscles in the lower body clear glucose from repetitive movement all by themselves even in the absence of insulin.

Studies have shown simply walking for 15 minutes after a meal can lower glucose levels by 15-20% or more.

Funny how most cultures typically do things like take walks or strolls after dinner. They likely have no idea why but most of the time those type of things have been found to be health related even if they can't explain the reason why.

I second the CGM...it is basically a game changer in treatment because you have immediate feedback and can know exactly what foods do to your glucose levels so you can know what foods to avoid or what combinations of foods to avoid. It takes any guesswork out because you cannot argue with realtime feedback. No matter what you "think" should happen when you eat a food, this is telling you what IS happening when you eat it.

I am getting ready to have my doctor prescribe me one just to wear so I can monitor this and my glucose levels are well within range. I want to know what causes them to spike and how long they take to get back down to normal...that's the real key in all this. Spiking glucose is virtually irrelevant, it's how fast it returns to baseline that is important.

Last edited:

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studies have shown simply walking for 15 minutes after a meal can lower glucose levels by 15-20% or more.
I’ve been working construction for the past year. Walking, lifting, 8 hours a day (4 before, and 4 after lunch) (eating)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I’ve been working construction for the past year. Walking, lifting, 8 hours a day (4 before, and 4 after lunch) (eating)
OK, so you have that part covered.

I'd recommend the CGM to be able to track things. Insurance should pay for it with that diagnosis

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I sense your frustrations Sarge. Consider another scenario though. You happen to be born with one of the hundreds if not thousands of genetic variants that predisposes you to diabetes. But the fact that you have stayed active and eaten cleanly for the most part, has kept those genes from expressing themselves when they otherwise would have done so in your twenties. We all eventually have to give way to Father time as our hormones change, telomeres shorten and fray, and our life circumstances change. It may be that what has kept diabetes at bay in your younger years is not quite enough as you get older. You'll just need to be that much more on top of your game.

I'm not speaking of your doctor specifically but just making a point. Even the most incompetent doctors can diagnose pre-diabetes so yours is probably right. All he has to do is read a number the medical guidelines tell him what it means. He is going off your A1C which would be relatively unchanged whether you fasted or not. A1C looks back 2-3 months. It probably makes no difference now but if you just needed to know, 23 and Me can usually tell whether you have one the diabetic gene variants. They are very careful about the results of these for liability reasons but I think they are pretty accurate. Having a gene variant is not necessarily a death sentence. Many people have certain variants, (I have one for Alzheimer's) but a lot of times it takes other environmental factors before they express themselves. Aging, diet, exercise are all environmental factors.

Formulate a plan to make pre-diabetes your ***** and go back and get your blood tested in 4 months. I do have a question though. Was your leg issue part of an acute injury or did you get some other symptoms making your doctor think it was a medical issue that a blood test may reveal?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sense your frustrations Sarge. Consider another scenario though. You happen to be born with one of the hundreds if not thousands of genetic variants that predisposes you to diabetes. But the fact that you have stayed active and eaten cleanly for the most part, has kept those genes from expressing themselves when they otherwise would have done so in your twenties. We all eventually have to give way to Father time as our hormones change, telomeres shorten and fray, and our life circumstances change. It may be that what has kept diabetes at bay in your younger years is not quite enough as you get older. You'll just need to be that much more on top of your game.

I'm not speaking of your doctor specifically but just making a point. Even the most incompetent doctors can diagnose pre-diabetes so yours is probably right. All he has to do is read a number the medical guidelines tell him what it means. He is going off your A1C which would be relatively unchanged whether you fasted or not. A1C looks back 2-3 months. It probably makes no difference now but if you just needed to know, 23 and Me can usually tell whether you have one the diabetic gene variants. They are very careful about the results of these for liability reasons but I think they are pretty accurate. Having a gene variant is not necessarily a death sentence. Many people have certain variants, (I have one for Alzheimer's) but a lot of times it takes other environmental factors before they express themselves. Aging, diet, exercise are all environmental factors.

Formulate a plan to make pre-diabetes your ***** and go back and get your blood tested in 4 months. I do have a question though. Was your leg issue part of an acute injury or did you get some other symptoms making your doctor think it was a medical issue that a blood test may reveal?
yeah so my legs have been feeling like they are bubbling and twitching if I sit for a prolonged period of time (I’ve had some time off work recebtly)

then recently the doc ordered an X-ray of my spine to see if that is causing it.

As for how to make prediabetes my b!tch, it may be impossible. I’m allergic to most nuts and milk. How to eat a keto diet without those? Very frustrating. Like my body was designed not to live

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 79 year old dad got the same problem. Now I have to worry about him too and make sure he eats well and takes his supplement. Its a horrific thing to have.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
yeah so my legs have been feeling like they are bubbling and twitching if I sit for a prolonged period of time (I’ve had some time off work recebtly)

then recently the doc ordered an X-ray of my spine to see if that is causing it.

As for how to make prediabetes my b!tch, it may be impossible. I’m allergic to most nuts and milk. How to eat a keto diet without those? Very frustrating. Like my body was designed not to live
You don't seem to have a very good understanding of how the body actually works.

I would take some time and find some reputable sources on YouTube and get a better understanding of that first.

You seem to be shotgunning things by throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks rather than actually knowing what you are doing and having a plan based on that.

I would highly recommend you getting a book/e-book called The Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas. It is pretty much designed to fix things like what you are dealing with by finding hidden food sensitivities/reactivity and helping your body to heal once you remove them. I can pretty much guarantee you a huge problem is you are eating some foods your body doesn't like and it's causing hormonal disruption.

The gist of the book is there is no such thing as a universally "healthy" food. Only a food that either works with your body chemistry or doesn't. Eating foods that do not work with you body chemistry regularly will lead to low grade chronic inflammation and then hormonal disruption. The removal of these foods and your body subsequently becoming less inflamed leads to hormonal regulation.

Been fantastic in my own experiences and has led to a number of foods that I now avoid since I know they are triggers for my body.

Last edited: