Blood test revealed pre diabetes

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Bro my entire job is 8 hours a day of cardio

Yeah I weigh 150. Not the same

No
If you didn't get the blood test when fasted then why are you posting this bullsh!t?

The test is completely meaningless.

Go tell your doctor so he can slap you upside your head.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you didn't get the blood test when fasted then why are you posting this bullsh!t?

So many of the world's problems could be solved by slapping people upside the head.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Who hurt you my guy? The doctor himself told me I was prediabetic so maybe slap him instead

Or slap your doctor upside the head for scaring you.
Lol yea exactly

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Who hurt you my guy? The doctor himself told me I was prediabetic so maybe slap him instead

Lol yea exactly
Yes because he assumed you took the test fasted since that is the only way those tests are given.

The person taking your blood should have asked you prior to doing it whether you were fasted or not, did you tell them you weren't?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or slap your doctor upside the head for scaring you.
Yes because he assumed you took the test fasted since that is the only way those tests are given.

The person taking your blood should have asked you prior to doing it whether you were fasted or not, did you tell them you weren't?
they never asked so I didn’t answer a question that was never asked.

And I went in for blood test for some leg discomfort, not to see if I was diabetic, so I had no idea diabetes was being tested.
Again, who hurt you? Why are you lashing out at me?

Reaction score
Whenever your blood / urine is tested, a doctor should specify that you're sober and that the urine is your 'morning urine'. If your doctor didn't specify, you should've asked them. I suggest you retake the blood test sober and see the test results before you go into what you should do.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever your blood / urine is tested, a doctor should specify that you're sober and that the urine is your 'morning urine'. If your doctor didn't specify, you should've asked them. I suggest you retake the blood test sober and see the test results before you go into what you should do.
I’m always sober. Also, I’ve been told that an hba1c result won't be affected by fasting

Reaction score
I’m always sober.
With regards to drawing blood for testing, 'sober' means you haven't eaten anything for more than 6 hours before blood is drawn. It's not about your alcohol intake.

Also, I’ve been told that an hba1c result won't be affected by fasting
That is correct, hba1c shows your median blood sugar level over a longer period.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah so my doctor just confirmed it. He said blood glucose was 6% and it’s that hba1c. He gave me a pamphlet about it and I gonna start easing off the carbs in my diet

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that brother. No need to drop carbs as a macro, just clean up the diet. Diabetes =/= low carb it means dump the sugar, alcohol, white bread, white rice, white pasta, desserts, and packaged goods (twinkies and chocolate bars shvt), potato chips, and things like that.

Also, if you don’t already, start weight training consistently.

Reaction score
And no more TV dinners.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that brother. No need to drop carbs as a macro, just clean up the diet. Diabetes =/= low carb it means dump the sugar, alcohol, white bread, white rice, white pasta, desserts, and packaged goods (twinkies and chocolate bars shvt), potato chips, and things like that.

Also, if you don’t already, start weight training consistently.
I don’t eat any of that save for sugar which I only added this year. I eat cleaner than anyone I know and people make fun of me for it. Now they gonna be all “seee!?! Your stupid diet didn’t save you” people are ****.

And no more TV dinners.
Never ever ever had any

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are members still talking with OP??? The test is invalid, stop telling him what he should eat. Where is @RazorRambo24 when you need him to tell it like it is??? @Serenity we need some harsh advice in here, unban Razor, please.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No idea how I can be pre diabetes. I have a host of food intolerances so I have to eat very clean and now this? My health is ****ed. What can I do?
How are your triglycerides? I hear people are more likely to convert to actual diabetes if their triglycerides are high.
Sounds like you eat pretty well already, aside from the Snickers. Bad bit of luck.