Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Aurora Demon's - Diet & Nutrition Journal

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
To note: I have 4 personal trainer's certifications, 2 were not online. And I've had 3 professional sessions with dietitians. I've read and taken classes on diet and nutrition along with learning from more well-versed friends and colleagues. My minor in college was on this topic.

Okay, so I've been adjusting my diet slightly. Still don't know how to cook, searching for cooking classes at the moment, one I contacted has not gotten back to me yet. I've asked a bunch of people for advice, and I have three friends who are health nuts and one works at a health food store nearby. Here's roughly what I eat, and what I'm going to do about it.

I'm just trying to get my diet down enough to where I can chill and not worry too much about it because it is already "very healthy." I also bought some naked fruit drinks, which are supposed to be very healthy.

Each day I'll usually drink one cup of orange juice with creatine, and lemonade with glutamine. I've already switched to a caffeine free preworkout supplement. I'm going to try to find something with less sugar to drink my creatine and glutamine with. Maybe mix it with milk that I already drink during the day? The only kinds of milk I drink are fat free, almond, and rice milk. I am going to buy hemp milk and flax milk soon. Along with hemp butter. I'll drink a protein shake on days I lift, and one or two days after I lift too.

Supplements I take each morning.
A multi-vitamin. (I also bought some gummy chew vitamins in-case I'm in a hurry leaving the house)
Flaxseed capsule.
Fish oil capsule.
Milkthistle capsule. (For liver health)
Probiotic capsule.

Also taking.
Anti-anxiety. (Until this 30 day script runs out)
Anti-depression. (Same, until 30 day script runs out)
5htp.
GABA.
Sometimes adderall, but very rarely. This knocks my appetite off for a lot longer than I would desire.

What I drink during the day, or at least have to drink.

Orange juice with unflavored creatine, usually early in the morning, at least hours before my work out.
Lemonade with unflavored glutamine, usually after my work out, or just anytime during the day if I don't work out that day.
Rice milk.
Almond milk.
Fat free milk. (Maybe eliminate this? I've heard it's unnatural for humans to drink cow milk, and it could be messing with our hormones)
Naked fruit drinks.
Green tea.
Water.

Meal 1.

Small serving of unflavored oatmeal, with brown sugar for flavor.
Small serving of Kashi U cereal. (I'll need to replace this, it has 10g of sugar, even if it is natural sugar, that's too much)
Greek yogurt with a spoonful of wheat germ.
Drink almond milk.

Meal 2.
A serving of fruits and/or vegetables. (Might just eat this randomly throughout the day instead of at one sitting)
A cheese stick thing that has 7 g of protein, not sure how healthy this is.
Egg whites. (Egg whites are supposed to be healthy... I bought the liquid kind though, that you have to prepare, not sure how healthy this is? 5 g of protein per serving too)
A banana.
Rice milk.

Meal 3. (Before work out)
A can of tuna.
A turkey sandwich, healthy turkey on whole grain bread slices and fat free cheese.
A serving of healthy chicken. (Could replace this with healthy fish)
Fat free milk. (10 g of protein per cup)

Meal 4. (After work out)
A serving of freshly cooked fish. (Could replace this with freshly cooked healthy chicken too)
A serving of walnuts and almonds. Probably throw in cashews too.
Could drink green tea with this meal.

Meal 5.
Steamed chicken and vegetables.
Brown rice.
A nature's valley bar. (These are the healthiest bars I am aware of, I have these in-case I am in a hurry too)
A salad, with fat free cheese in it, fat free ranch dressing, and some chicken.
A cup of naked fruit drink. (?)

Areas I could improve upon.
Protein shake could be healthier.
I will probably buy casein protein to take before I sleep, as that is the protein that breaks down the slowest, which is best to take before you sleep.
Figure out something healthier that I can mix my glutamine and creatine with. I am intaking a lot of sugar with those two drinks.
Reduce my sugar intake even further.
Find a healthier cereal for the morning.
Be more consistent with drinking green tea.
Be more consistent and time my meals better, I'm still semi-hungry throughout the day, so I'm spacing my meals a little too far apart, or I'm not eating a large enough meal.
Figure out how I'm going to time my meals or what I'm going to eat on days that I'm out for large blocks of time, so I can't go home and quickly chow down.
After I have this structured better, I will figure out the exact amounts of what I need per day, like grams of protein and such, rather than just throwing a bunch of healthy meals together throughout the day. This will help me figure out the proportions that I need of each food per meal.
Maybe switch to all natural toothpaste and body wash / shampoos as well. Thinking about this.

On my shopping list in my phone that is not already mentioned above...
Seaweed.
****aki mushrooms.
Reishi mushrooms.
Yuca root instead of potatoes.
Wormwood capsules.

I believe the brown sugar I have is the natural organic kind too. I also bought organic cane sugar. I bought healthy chicken recently too, just need to figure out exactly how to prepare it and when to eat it. Might split into 6 meals if the proportions listed above are too large. Am I missing a realistic amount of carbohydrates?..

That's my rough meal plan so far. Finally, enough food that I don't need to cheat and eat out somewhere or buy Subway. I may not exactly eat these meals in the exact same order, and I'll mix up the foods a little bit every so often. Mainly in-taking fiber and some protein as my first meal. Eating fruits / vegetables randomly throughout the day, it doesn't matter when. Then, my biggest protein intake before and after my work out.

Going shopping at the health food store with a health nut friend tomorrow. to add the finishing touches on my diet. If there's anything significant that I need to replace, take out, or add, please mention it. Thanks.

Comments & Critiques are welcome!

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Egg whites. (Egg whites are supposed to be healthy... I bought the liquid kind though, that you have to prepare, not sure how healthy this is? 5 g of protein per serving too)
Egg whites are healthy. They're pasteurized. I was adding the liquid to my oatmeal, but learned that half the protein is not utilized when not cooked. So I empty 2 cartons(1/2 gallon) of egg whites into a pyrex baking dish, and bake at 450 degrees for roughly 28 minutes. Then weigh out around 195 gram slices which are around 25 grams of protein.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
For your macros, you generally want 0.7g-1g of protein per pound of body weight.

Every gram of protein and carb is 4 calories. One gram of fat is 9 carbs. Find your caloric maintenance (TDEE calculator) and then you can figure out how much of the three macros you need to consume a day.

For example, I have my caloric intake set to 2100 calories. My TDEE is 2800ish. I'm in a cut since I want to drop bodyfat.

I do 185g of protein a day, 90g of fat, and 150g of carbs. I keep carbs lower as I find that it has helped with my weight loss, hence why fat intake is higher than normal.

It's healthier fats though such as olive oil, cheese, yogurt, etc.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't gotten to the level of distinguishing oils and fats.

As for protein per pound of body weight, I haven't heard a consistent amount, so I just stay where my gains are optimal.

It seems timing matters more than overall amount.

How many of you all meal prep?

monkeybrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a few questions
What is your goal? What does your training look like? How lean are you?

My advise:
overall amount of protein is actually more important that the timing of protein intake. The NSCA recently came out with a mission statement about this if you want to check me. Timing only becomes relevant when the minimum amount of protein is met.
Also starting your day with a super high glycemic index drink like OJ is a bad idea. Odds are you are spiking the S*** out of your blood sugar hour 1 of each day. A better approach for sustained energy is to at least start the day with protein and fat and minimal carbs. I had bison and macadamia nuts today for example. This may not affect you as much but regardless its worth trying. If you really want it then drink your OJ, creatine glutamine drink immediately post workout.

Nix the brown sugar and the bananas

Overall this diet looks too carb heavy in my view, carb tolerance is however highly individual but you must be lean to deserve the carbs.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not going to quote science because it's so contradictory. I also have multiple science degrees. I'm just speaking from personal experience. Also my genetics may play a heavy role. My sister is a runway model. Although she puts time and effort into her appearances and bodily physique.

Genetically, in I think I yield 3-5x more results than the normal person for the same amount of time and effort in the gym. Which would be cool for a lazy person, but I also work out really hard. I'll PM you a pic, do not share.

And yeah probably mega carb heavy. I haven't worked out super consistently since COVID hit, so the pic is pre-covid, but I was ingesting insane amounts of calories and carbs. But something I never skipped was making sure I never felt hunter.

I consumed a protein shake within 30 or less minutes upon finishing any muscular work out. No matter what. Every time. 100% of the time.

I tried to consume a protein shake as close to falling asleep too. Since I'm bad with breakfast. Ideally, a casein shake, since that is the protein that your body breaks down the slowest. But I wasn't disciplined enough to do that consistently.

Off the top of my head, I recall a supplement for creatine I took daily or twice a day (they took it off the market a long time ago, I don't have a clue why it was designed the way it was), but it was more than 60 g of sugar per serving, and the serving was in one or 1.5 cups. At that time I was also incredibly lean. Like, 130, 4% body fat (tested), and clean bench pressing over 240 lbs with ease.

My metabolism is also very unusual. As is an equally ironic trait, my distaste for foods. I have a theory on this that I won't say because I plan to do research on it when I have my PhD. I think it'll solve why certain people are obese and not, and a quick solution (1-day) to fix it. It is theoretical, but makes perfect sense scientifically.

Anyways, I hate food. My body starves itself easily and requires huge amounts of calories. I force myself to eat and consume it. Since COVID hit, I have not done this much. I can also easily fast. Because fasting would almost feel normal for me. Hunger is also not very uncomfortable for me. I don't have a high tolerance for every form of discomfort, just specific kinds that I've correlated with certain aspects and results in my life.

There's my nerd rant. To summarize, my fitness level was about 80-85% the way to being competition level, I believe state-level for my lifts, no roids. And I was not training to compete. My best friend at the time and work out partner taught me a lot, he set a world record for the bench press in a specific league (apparently there's a lot of leagues, so what's the point in competing?).

End of rant. Messaging you now, please don't repeat or share what I send or say.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't gotten to the level of distinguishing oils and fats.

As for protein per pound of body weight, I haven't heard a consistent amount, so I just stay where my gains are optimal.

It seems timing matters more than overall amount.

How many of you all meal prep?
I do. When it comes to nutrition, not necessarily a diet, intentionality is key.

If you are a regular everyday person, I do not think you should take it to extremes of counting grams and such. Leave that for the pros and athletes that need to perform top-level because is well... what they do for a living. Most likely you are not that so counting will only make it tedious, and transactional. Food should not feel like a transaction. Food should hit the soul. Or at least it should in theory.

Having a basic understanding of nutrition, different foods, and what the body needs is the only thing you need. The next step is to be intentional with what you eat.

I find that ever since I started meal prepping, my health both physical and mental has greatly benefited. Not to mention it is way more budget-friendly if finances are also important to you.

It took me a while to find the sweet spot of what I like and can literally have every day and nourishes/fuels my body. To this day after eating the same meal (I alter it slightly from week to week), I still find myself craving that meal when lunchtime approaches. I've posted about it on other threads but if you need ideas let me know I can share what I make for meal prep.

Modern Man Advice

monkeybrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a lot of interesting info man and you seem pretty knowledgeable with a lot of things but again what is you goal with this meal plan ? Just to eat "healthy" What does your training plan look like? Are you power lifting? And how lean are you today? All of these things play a role.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
NutritionFacts.org | The Latest Nutrition Related Topics is a great site run by a fantastic physician named Michael Greger.

He posts great videos on various topics, and you can find good info on just about anything health related there.

I see you take milk thistle. I'd stay away from it. From the site -

Then, there's inadvertent contamination with "potentially hazardous contaminants," such as heavy metals and pesticides, in 90% of herbal supplements tested. And mycotoxins - potentially carcinogenic fungal toxins, like aflatoxin - in 96% of herbal supplements. Milk thistle supplements were the worst, with most having more than a dozen different mycotoxins. This is thought to be because the plant is harvested specifically when it's wet; and so, it can get moldy easily. And so, you have these people taking milk thistle to support their livers, and end up getting exposed to "immunotoxic, genotoxic, and hepatoxic" - meaning liver-toxic - contaminants.

Last edited:

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a lot of interesting info man and you seem pretty knowledgeable with a lot of things but again what is you goal with this meal plan ? Just to eat "healthy" What does your training plan look like? Are you power lifting? And how lean are you today? All of these things play a role.
Will reply to this soon, I haven't formulated my goals since COVID.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do. When it comes to nutrition, not necessarily a diet, intentionality is key.

If you are a regular everyday person, I do not think you should take it to extremes of counting grams and such. Leave that for the pros and athletes that need to perform top-level because is well... what they do for a living. Most likely you are not that so counting will only make it tedious, and transactional. Food should not feel like a transaction. Food should hit the soul. Or at least it should in theory.

Having a basic understanding of nutrition, different foods, and what the body needs is the only thing you need. The next step is to be intentional with what you eat.

I find that ever since I started meal prepping, my health both physical and mental has greatly benefited. Not to mention it is way more budget-friendly if finances are also important to you.

It took me a while to find the sweet spot of what I like and can literally have every day and nourishes/fuels my body. To this day after eating the same meal (I alter it slightly from week to week), I still find myself craving that meal when lunchtime approaches. I've posted about it on other threads but if you need ideas let me know I can share what I make for meal prep.

Modern Man Advice
Not differentiating between types of oils and fats doesn't lessen efforts taken elsewhere. I took meticulous notes down to the grams, even if it was mostly an OCD habit (I don't think it would've made much of a difference with my genetics I had a wide range for error).

However, just by your tone I take it you're in the top of athletes. I was in the top 0.5% approximately, if you took people who had an active gym membership. Assuming you're higher. Perfecting my diet to the level of a competitive athlete has been my goal forever, but I've never been able to. Even with 3 professional dietitians. My bachelors degrees are about the underlying science and physiology, it's not entirely applicable. ("Great, now I can draw glucose!")

You okay helping me tweak my diet / nutrition as I get back on my fitness. I have a lot of plates spinning simultaneously, fitness is in my top 3 or 5, so it will take a bit of time, but I can work on diet and nutrition while I gradually design a work out plan for myself (since I don't know my max reps and such anymore, although I still compulsively log my body composition and weight).

Do you have a BodySpace?

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and the post of my logs, this was just me organizing the details of what I ate into a document file then an excel file then I could just use keyboard shortcuts to select and do the math for what I needed to consume or did consume, the colors didn't transfer so screen shot of that:

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 6.05.17 PM.png

Meticulously calculating my diet now... The total calories of all my meals (just at home) is 2,656 approximately. That's if I eat ALL of it. That's crazy, I must not be eating enough ever. I need to manage this, and then calculate my macronutrients (protein, carbs, fat) and micronutrients. This will take a while, but I only need to do it once, then adjust it accordingly.

So now, I'll just be grounding the foundation for my ideal diet. Yeah. I am color coordinating them here so I can tally things up more easily for myself as I calculate the specific nutrients. Macronutrients first, then things like vitamin, eliminating sugars and simple carbohydrates, and maximizing fibers and minimizing saturated fats and trans fats (which should be 0).

Red means I need to go back and edit it later with more information or something. I'll be tallying these over a longer period of time.

If I eat 6 meals a day at my current caloric intake, then each meal should be approximately 433 kcal. Give or take, since my largest meals will be after my work out and before I sleep, these two meals will be proportionately more protein than my other meals, and my largest (mostly complex) carbohydrate loaded meals will be my two meals before my work out, and possibly breakfast for energy.

I eat several of these a day, at the end of my calculations I will tally how many of these I need to eat per day.
I need to add chicken, and calculate for days that I don't eat tuna, since I can only eat 4 cans a week due to potential mercury poisoning.
Quote:
1 large boiled egg white (no yolk).

Protein 4g.
Calories 16.
1 kcal from fat.
Sodium 55 mg. 2%.

Quote:
Medium sized banana.

Protein 1g.
Calories 105.
3 kcal from fat.
Carbs 27g. 9%.
Dietary fiber 3g. 12%.
A 2%.
C 17%.
Calcium 1%.
Iron 2%.

Quote:
Fruit cup.

Calories 70.
0 fat kcal.
Sodium 5 mg.
Potassium 85mg. 2%.
Carbs 17g. 6%.
Dietary fiber 1g. 4%
Sugars 16g.
A 2%
C 45%
Iron 2%

Quote:
Mixed nuts.

kcal 170.
fat kcal 140.
Fat 15g 23%.
Saturated fat 1.5g 8%.
polyunsaturated fat 5g.
monounsaturated fat 8g.
Sodium 50mg. 2%.
Potassium 200mg. 6%.
carbs 5g 2%
dietary fiber 3g 12%
sugars 1g
protein 6g
Vitamins.

Quote:
2 Tablespoons of peanut butter.

Kcal 190.
fat kcal 145.
Fat 16g 25%
sat fat 3g
polyunsat fat 1.5g
monounsat fat 12g
sodium 145mg 6%
potassium 185mg 5%
carbs 6g 2%
dietary fiber 2g 8%
sugars 3g
protein 7g
Iron 4%
E 10%
Thiamin 8%
Niacin 20%
Folate 10%

Quote:
island vanilla kashi wheat cereal.

kcal 190
fat kcal 10
fat 1g 2%
polyunsat fat 0.5g
sodium 5mg
potassium 170mg 5%
carbs 44g 15%
dietary fiber 6g 24%
soluble fiber 1g
insoluble fiber 5g
sugars 9g
protein 6g
Iron 8%

Quote:
Grits.

kcal 100
sodium 310 mg 13%
carbs 22g 7%
dietary fiber 1g 5%
protein 2g.
calcium 10%
Iron 45%
Thiamin 10%
Fiboflavin 10%
niacin 10%
folic acid 10%

Quote:
strawberries and cream instant oatmeal. (Will replace with flavorless later if desired)

kcal 130
fat kcal 20
Fat 2g 3%
sat fat 0.5g 2%
polyunsat fat 0.5g
monounsat fat 0.5g
sodium 180mg 7%
potassium 100mg 3%
carbs 27g 9%
dietary fiber 2g 8%
soluble fiber 1g
sugars 12g
protein 3g
A 20%
Calcium 10%
Iron 20%
thiamin 20%
riboflavin 20%
niacin 20%
B6 20%

Quote:
unflavored oatmeal.

kcal 150
fat kcal 25
fat 3g 5%
sat fat 0.5g 3%
polyunsat fat 1g
monounsat fat 1g
potassium 140 mg 4%
carbs 27g 9%
diet fiber 4g 16%
soluble fiber 2g
insoluble fiber 2g
sugar 1g
protein 5g
iron 10%

Quote:
Brown rice.

kcal 150
fat kcal 15
fat 1.5g 2%
sodium 10mg
potassium 40mg 1%
carbs 34g 11%
dietary fiber 2g 8%
protein 3g 6%
iron 2%
thiamin 4%
niacin 8%
magnesium 15%
zinc 6%
copper 4%

Quote:
Greek yogurt with granola.

kcal 230.
fat kcal 20
fat 2.5g 4%
cholesterol 5mg 2%
sodium 140mg 6%
carbs 39g 13%
dietary fiber 1g 4%
sugars 23g
protein 12g 23%
Vitamins.

Quote:
Rice milk.

kcal 120
fat kcal 20
fat 2.5g 4%
polyunsat fat 0.5g
monounsat fat 1.5g
sodium 80mg 3%
carbs 23g 8%
sugars 10g
protein 1g
A 10%
Calcium 30%
iron 4%
D 25%
B12 25%
phosphorus 15%

Quote:
Almond milk.

kcal 60
fat kcal 25
fat 2.5g 4%
polyunsat fat 0.5g
monounsat fat 1.5g
sodium 150mg 6%
potassium 60mg 2%
carbs 8g 3%
diet fiber 1g 4%
sugars 7g
protein 1g
A 10%
calcium 45%
iron 4%
D 25%
E 50%
riboflavin 25%
B12 50%
magnesium 4%
zinc 10%
copper 2%
manganese 4%

Quote:
Cottage cheese, low fat, or no fat, the blue container.

kcal 90
fat kcal 10
fat 1g 2%
sat fat 1g 4%
cholesterol 10mg 3%
sodium 420mg 18%
potassium 210mg 6%
carbs 7g 2%
sugars 6g
protein 13g
A 4%
calcium 10%

Quote:
Can of tuna albacore. (Need to buy wild tuna, which is better)

kcal 80
fat kcal 10
fat 1g 2%
cholest. 35 mg 12%
sodium 140mg 6%
potassium 140mg 4%
protein 18g 33%
iron 2%
D 8%
niacin 30%
B6 15%
B12 20%
selenium 70%

Quote:
Naked smoothie drink. This one is apparently the healthiest. The only one with a realistic amount of dietary fiber. The blueberry one.

kcal 170
sodium 10mg
potassium 370mg 11%
carbs 40g 13%
diet fiber 7g 29%
sugars 29g (A LOT)
protein 1g
C 100%
iron 2%
E 100%
B3 100%
B6 100%
B12 100%
B5 100%

3 different cheesesticks, will probably adjust these or remove them, currently eating with something else. crackers sometimes. Decent protein though. all low fat or fat-free.
Quote:
white cheesestick.

kcal 70
fat kcal 40
fat 4.5g 7%
sat fat 2.5g 13%
cholest. 15 mg 5%
sodium 190mg 8%
protein 8g 16%
A 8%
calcium 15%

Quote:
cheesestick white/orange.

kcal 50
fat kcal 30
fat 3.5g 5%
sat fat 2g 10%
cholest. 10mg ??%
sodium 140mg 6%
protein 6g 12%
A 6%
calcium 10%

Quote:
square orange cheesestick.

kcal 90
fat kcal 50
fat 6g 9%
sat fat 3.5g 18%
cholest. 20mg 7%
sodium 240 mg 10%
carbs <1g
protein 7g 14%
A 6%
calcium 20%

Quote:
Weight gainer protein shake. I drink this in two turns. Half after my work out and half before I sleep. Within 2 hours of sleeping, usually with a meal or within the hour of my last meal.

kcal 500
fat kcal 50
fat 6g 9%
sat fat 1g 5%
cholest. 15mg 5%
sodium 630mg 26%
potassium 900mg 26%
carbs 72g 24%
diet fiber 1g 4%
sugars 6g
protein 40g 80%
A 35%
C 35%
calcium 35%
iron 35%
D 35%
E 35%
thiamin 35%
riboflavin 35%
vitamin.

chocolate milk list.
crackers.
other protein dense supplements like oatmeal, cookie, pudding, etc.
different foods i sometimes eat out somewhere.
other supplements, perhaps a casein based protein before sleeping.
calculate my pill and tablet supplements into this as well.
calculate the amount of fluids I should be drinking per day, calculate the drinks listed above, and then tally water and maybe one cup of tea per day, maximize fluid intake, up it for cardio and work out days, adjust accordingly.

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I took better notes later, but the only reason I have any of these is from being OCD and keeping good track of documents and texts and records and such. That one is from before 2015 I believe. They're not centralized or organized (although I should do that).

Do you compete btw, and what sports?

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
NutritionFacts.org | The Latest Nutrition Related Topics is a great site run by a fantastic physician named Michael Greger.

He posts great videos on various topics, and you can find good info on just about anything health related there.

I see you take milk thistle. I'd stay away from it. From the site -

Then, there's inadvertent contamination with "potentially hazardous contaminants," such as heavy metals and pesticides, in 90% of herbal supplements tested. And mycotoxins - potentially carcinogenic fungal toxins, like aflatoxin - in 96% of herbal supplements. Milk thistle supplements were the worst, with most having more than a dozen different mycotoxins. This is thought to be because the plant is harvested specifically when it's wet; and so, it can get moldy easily. And so, you have these people taking milk thistle to support their livers, and end up getting exposed to "immunotoxic, genotoxic, and hepatoxic" - meaning liver-toxic - contaminants.
Thanks for the warning. Someone had to teach me when I started that too many eggs (the yolk / yellow part) was unhealthy cholesterol wise, so you had to just eat the egg whites.

And too much seafood, mainly tuna (since that and salmon are all I consumed) has a risk of mercury poisoning, or at least has an unusual quantity of mercury compared to other protein sources.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To note: I have 4 personal trainer's certifications, 2 were not online. And I've had 3 professional sessions with dietitians. I've read and taken classes on diet and nutrition along with learning from more well-versed friends and colleagues. My minor in college was on this topic.

Okay, so I've been adjusting my diet slightly. Still don't know how to cook, searching for cooking classes at the moment, one I contacted has not gotten back to me yet. I've asked a bunch of people for advice, and I have three friends who are health nuts and one works at a health food store nearby. Here's roughly what I eat, and what I'm going to do about it.

I'm just trying to get my diet down enough to where I can chill and not worry too much about it because it is already "very healthy." I also bought some naked fruit drinks, which are supposed to be very healthy.

Each day I'll usually drink one cup of orange juice with creatine, and lemonade with glutamine. I've already switched to a caffeine free preworkout supplement. I'm going to try to find something with less sugar to drink my creatine and glutamine with. Maybe mix it with milk that I already drink during the day? The only kinds of milk I drink are fat free, almond, and rice milk. I am going to buy hemp milk and flax milk soon. Along with hemp butter. I'll drink a protein shake on days I lift, and one or two days after I lift too.

A multi-vitamin. (I also bought some gummy chew vitamins in-case I'm in a hurry leaving the house)
Flaxseed capsule.
Fish oil capsule.
Probiotic capsule.

Also taking.
5htp.
GABA.
Sometimes adderall, but very rarely. This knocks my appetite off for a lot longer than I would desire.

Orange juice with unflavored creatine, usually early in the morning, at least hours before my work out.
Lemonade with unflavored glutamine, usually after my work out, or just anytime during the day if I don't work out that day.
Rice milk.
Almond milk.
Fat free milk. (Maybe eliminate this? I've heard it's unnatural for humans to drink cow milk, and it could be messing with our hormones)
Naked fruit drinks.
Green tea.
Water.

Meal 1.
Small serving of Kashi U cereal. (I'll need to replace this, it has 10g of sugar, even if it is natural sugar, that's too much)
Drink almond milk.

Meal 2.
A serving of fruits and/or vegetables. (Might just eat this randomly throughout the day instead of at one sitting)
A banana.
Rice milk.

A can of tuna.
A turkey sandwich, healthy turkey on whole grain bread slices and fat free cheese.

Meal 4. (After work out)
A serving of freshly cooked fish. (Could replace this with freshly cooked healthy chicken too)

Meal 5.
Brown rice.
A nature's valley bar. (These are the healthiest bars I am aware of, I have these in-case I am in a hurry too)

Areas I could improve upon.
Protein shake could be healthier.
I will probably buy casein protein to take before I sleep, as that is the protein that breaks down the slowest, which is best to take before you sleep.
Figure out something healthier that I can mix my glutamine and creatine with. I am intaking a lot of sugar with those two drinks.
Reduce my sugar intake even further.
Find a healthier cereal for the morning.
Be more consistent with drinking green tea.
Be more consistent and time my meals better, I'm still semi-hungry throughout the day, so I'm spacing my meals a little too far apart, or I'm not eating a large enough meal.
Figure out how I'm going to time my meals or what I'm going to eat on days that I'm out for large blocks of time, so I can't go home and quickly chow down.
After I have this structured better, I will figure out the exact amounts of what I need per day, like grams of protein and such, rather than just throwing a bunch of healthy meals together throughout the day. This will help me figure out the proportions that I need of each food per meal.
Maybe switch to all natural toothpaste and body wash / shampoos as well. Thinking about this.

On my shopping list in my phone that is not already mentioned above...
Seaweed.
****aki mushrooms.
Reishi mushrooms.
Yuca root instead of potatoes.
Wormwood capsules.

I believe the brown sugar I have is the natural organic kind too. I also bought organic cane sugar. I bought healthy chicken recently too, just need to figure out exactly how to prepare it and when to eat it. Might split into 6 meals if the proportions listed above are too large. Am I missing a realistic amount of carbohydrates?..

That's my rough meal plan so far. Finally, enough food that I don't need to cheat and eat out somewhere or buy Subway. I may not exactly eat these meals in the exact same order, and I'll mix up the foods a little bit every so often. Mainly in-taking fiber and some protein as my first meal. Eating fruits / vegetables randomly throughout the day, it doesn't matter when. Then, my biggest protein intake before and after my work out.

Going shopping at the health food store with a health nut friend tomorrow. to add the finishing touches on my diet. If there's anything significant that I need to replace, take out, or add, please mention it. Thanks.

Comments & Critiques are welcome!
OP, this is great. Your dedication shows through more than your actual methods and you are obviously going to live a very healthy lifestyle.
That being said, if I ate with the kind of restriction you place on yourself, I would be depressed as well. I would absolutely hate having to watch every little thing that goes into my mouth. When I’m in the checkout line at Home Depot and I see a Butterfinger just lying there and I’m kind of hungry, I’m going to buy that Butterfinger. And at the end of the day I think I’m a whole lot happier and just a little bit less healthy. I lift. I jog. I get plenty of exercise and have actually a quite muscular frame that I am frequently complimented on among women and friends. I eat pretty healthily and do not often indulge in sweets and desserts, but sometimes I do. And many times while doing research to perfect my exercise routine, I saw the ads that would show me the “perfect diet”. And I never clicked on any of them. Because I like Crunch bars. So shoot me.
I admire your dedication, but I could never live on broccoli, chicken and protein shakes.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flaxseed capsule.
Fish oil capsule.
Probiotic capsule.
Flaxseed lowers testosterone, I would avoid it.

Also taking.
5htp.
GABA.

Don't take 5HTP, especially if you're already on meds. It is not rate-limited when converting to serotonin, unlike tryptophan , so you can end up creating too much serotonin.

GABA is a waste of money because it cannot cross the BBB, and I do not think there are many GABA receptors in the gut unlike serotonin.

Rice milk.
Almond milk.
Naked fruit drinks.
Green tea.
Water.
Juice is a scam - it's very high in sugar, basically like drinking a soda. Get rid of all of things I bolded. Fat free milk is a joke too as it still contains just as much lactose, which is a type of sugar, not a fat, all the dairy-related concerns are based on the lactose not the fat, milk fat is great for you. Fairlife is good for this because they filter out the milk quite a lot which reduces removes most of the lactose. However it's probably best to drink organic whole milk from grass-fed cows. Fairlife certainly isn't organic or grass fed but it does at least filter out lactose. Regular ass milk is probably dog**** though.

Meal 1.
Drink almond milk.

Meal 2.
A banana.
Rice milk.

A can of tuna.

Meal 4. (After work out)

Meal 5.
Brown rice.
Why are you eating 5 meals a day? It's bad if your feeding window exceed 12 hours, Check out Peter Attia, David Sinclair, or Andrew Huberman, they talk about time-restricted eating / fasting in depth. It's best to keep your feeding window to about 6-8 hrs a day or less if you can manage.

I would avoid chicken because chickens are raised on processed soy, corn syrup and refined grains, all of which are terrible for you. Also cut out the brown sugar and nature valley bar and kashi cereal in addition to the juices, because sugar.

Also egg yolks are far more nutrient-dense than egg whites. Dietary cholesterol has almost no effect on blood cholesterol levels.

Last edited:

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not differentiating between types of oils and fats doesn't lessen efforts taken elsewhere. I took meticulous notes down to the grams, even if it was mostly an OCD habit (I don't think it would've made much of a difference with my genetics I had a wide range for error).

However, just by your tone I take it you're in the top of athletes. I was in the top 0.5% approximately, if you took people who had an active gym membership. Assuming you're higher. Perfecting my diet to the level of a competitive athlete has been my goal forever, but I've never been able to. Even with 3 professional dietitians. My bachelors degrees are about the underlying science and physiology, it's not entirely applicable. ("Great, now I can draw glucose!")

You okay helping me tweak my diet / nutrition as I get back on my fitness. I have a lot of plates spinning simultaneously, fitness is in my top 3 or 5, so it will take a bit of time, but I can work on diet and nutrition while I gradually design a work out plan for myself (since I don't know my max reps and such anymore, although I still compulsively log my body composition and weight).

Do you have a BodySpace?
I am an athlete. And used to perform competitively, however not anymore. I would like to help you but I am not a certified nutritionist, I am self-taught. Given I interact with members here on behalf of my company, there are liabilities when it comes to coaching men on fields I am not certified on.

I am a mindset coach so I focus on mindset. My vision for my company (Modern Man Advice, LLC) is to have various certified and professional coaches (Nutrition, Life, Business & Finance, Dating, Style, etc, etc) available for our members. Once I do I could refer you to that specific coach.

For now, I can only advise and coach you on mindset which was my original tone. Nutrition is about intentionality. Planning is key.

Not every Nutritionist is the same and you just have to find that you align with.

What I would say is that you seem very intentional with your health and performing at your top level, proud of you for looking out for yourself healthwise. As long as you don't go bonkers with small details, you are on a good path.

Modern Man Advice

Aurora Demon

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you rename the title of your journals?

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Do you want to try Stevia instead of brown sugar? Stevia may not taste as good but it's a lot healthier

Flaxseed lowers testosterone, I would avoid it.

Don't take 5HTP, especially if you're already on meds. It is not rate-limited when converting to serotonin, unlike tryptophan , so you can end up creating too much serotonin.

GABA is a waste of money because it cannot cross the BBB, and I do not think there are many GABA receptors in the gut unlike serotonin.

Juice is a scam - it's very high in sugar, basically like drinking a soda. Get rid of all of things I bolded. Fat free milk is a joke too as it still contains just as much lactose, which is a type of sugar, not a fat, all the dairy-related concerns are based on the lactose not the fat, milk fat is great for you. Fairlife is good for this because they filter out the milk quite a lot which reduces removes most of the lactose. However it's probably best to drink organic whole milk from grass-fed cows. Fairlife certainly isn't organic or grass fed but it does at least filter out lactose. Regular ass milk is probably dog**** though.

Why are you eating 5 meals a day? It's bad if your feeding window exceed 12 hours, Check out Peter Attia, David Sinclair, or Andrew Huberman, they talk about time-restricted eating / fasting in depth. It's best to keep your feeding window to about 6-8 hrs a day or less if you can manage.

I would avoid chicken because chickens are raised on processed soy, corn syrup and refined grains, all of which are terrible for you. Also cut out the brown sugar and nature valley bar and kashi cereal in addition to the juices, because sugar.

Also egg yolks are far more nutrient-dense than egg whites. Dietary cholesterol has almost no effect on blood cholesterol levels.
Probably the best dietary tips I have ever seen, I'm glad someone else is clearing up the misconceptions about egg yolk. It's the part that the baby bird literally consumes for nutrients.

People think Dietary cholesterol is bad just like they think Carbohydrates (which is an essential nutrient) are as well.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably the best dietary tips I have ever seen, I'm glad someone else is clearing up the misconceptions about egg yolk. It's the part that the baby bird literally consumes for nutrients.

People think Dietary cholesterol is bad just like they think Carbohydrates (which is an essential nutrient) are as well.
That's not why a lot of people avoid egg yolk. It's the fat content. For an example, if I were on a cut, I may only intake 40g of fats a day. I eat 50 grams of protein in egg whites. If I were to eat that in whole eggs, my fats would be 40g. I now have no more room in my diet for the day to consume any fat.