"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Am I putting off "leave me alone" vibes?

Eighth Passenger

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
I'm attractive. I'm not fat (actually pretty slim 5'10'' 145lbs). I walk with confidence. My wardrobe is acceptable. Basically I don't have any outstanding negative qualities that'll turn a female off.

So why don't females smile when I walk pass them? Or giggle when they see me? Or at least show some kind of interest?

I'm not saying I never experienced a female giving me attention, but it's usually an unattractive or overweight chick.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Do you give them eye contact? If so, who looks away first?

Some girls will not look at you, period.. or anybody else for that matter.
 

daceovspades

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
They are intimidated.
 

Unforsaken

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Tell me if this work...When walking by look into her eyes and smile. Say "Hey" or "Hello". Works for me. I always get a smile in return (sometime they blush)

The key is making eye contact, if I don't make eye contact she simply ignores me as if I'm not there.
 
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
southern California
I have the same problem! Iam 6 feet, 140 pounds, pretty attractive, and young. This happens to me often, I make eye contact and smile either to late ( they have already looked away) or smile and get little, no, or a weird Reaction!!! ARRRRRRR!!!!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Eighth Passenger

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by The TallOne
Do you give them eye contact? If so, who looks away first?

Some girls will not look at you, period.. or anybody else for that matter.
I give everyone eye contact. They look at me for about 2-3 seconds then look away.
 

Eighth Passenger

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Unforsaken
Tell me if this work...When walking by look into her eyes and smile. Say "Hey" or "Hello". Works for me. I always get a smile in return (sometime they blush)

The key is making eye contact, if I don't make eye contact she simply ignores me as if I'm not there.
I will try your suggestion. Right now I only give EC and smile.
 
Top