"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

alfie trick?

wildchild

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
342
Reaction score
2
Age
42
I noticed in the movie alfie( i only seen the jude law version) I thought it was pretty good but anyway = in alfie he is in a bar and he over-hears a girl saying " i dunno what is so apealing about this man" and he looks at her right in the eyes and smiles - then looks her up and down and she smiles back - is direct eye contact with a smile + looking her up and down a good thing? - it worked in the movie anyway..peace
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
755
Reaction score
9
Please keep replies to this thread no longer than your penis.


That movie "Alfie" is not an accurate depiction of a DJ. It's more in line with the "Pick-up-Artist" from the 80's with Robert Downey Jr.
 

RogueWarrior

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
IMHO, Alfie was DEPRESSING. The guy's a player and in true Hollywood fashion, gets what he deserves. Nada.

Now, here's a nice references to C&F in a movie. "Coyote Ugly". Ludicrous plot but the boyfriend character "Kevin" has a lot of humorous lines that are classic C&F. The guy also has a lot of confidence.

Ultimately, watch any movie reference from this site with an enormous grain of salt. Things work out because they were written that way. Life isn't like that. You can plan a convo all you want but rarely do things go as planned so being able to think on your feet is an important skill.
 

Yeto

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
I think the movie is great and leaves a lesson.
 

wildchild

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
342
Reaction score
2
Age
42
I know the movie is written to turn out a certain way but i did see alot of don juan traits in that guy ( same with the guy in cruel intentions) and in both movies it showed how when the guy turned showed some afc moments and messed up so there is a good lesson to learn from that movie.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Movies are NOT real life. Movies are meant for entertainment.
 

wildchild

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
342
Reaction score
2
Age
42
I know it is not real life but the question i asked was trying to ask was is establishing eye contact smiling then looking a girl up and down a good thing to do? how would she normally react to that i never said it was real life but there are some good tips in the movie.
 

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
360
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
UK
it depends whether or not shes into u

if a chick aint into u...shell probably giv u a funny look and turn her back...if she likes im guessin shell smile...

then theres ur que to move in
 

Mr. Mystery II

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Yes it works and no it doesn't.

It depends on too many things, your attitude, her attitude, timing, ect... try it out, not for the faint at heart, but fun and to the point.

Mr. Mystery
 
Top