Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

about "dressing well"

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soma
Ok, here are a few pictures of myself that were recently taken. Two completely different styles but that's normal for me. Each day I dress in a different style. It's fun and you learn a lot about yourself.

-Soma
Hey, thanks for the idea.....the button up with the sleeveless sweater looked really friggen cool on you. I would ditch the black on black look though(tank top and black pants)

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
I would ditch the black on black look though(tank top and black pants)

Attention cops, I'm a bad bad man. I'm wearing all black all over my body -- why even my tatoos are black too. Arrest me pronto!

No offence, but your all black look is going to be offensive to most people. You look alot like a mugger in that getup, Soma. Also, never show too much skin when picking up chicks. You'll scare them away. You wan't her number, not her purse.

:D

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soma: Your pics show you have good, varied and individual style. I like the 3rd outfit the most (very chic) and the jewellery complements it well. The hat also suits the outfit, but is a bit too flamboyant for my tastes.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soma
Ok, here are a few pictures of myself that were recently taken. Two completely different styles but that's normal for me. Each day I dress in a different style. It's fun and you learn a lot about yourself.

-Soma

SOMA you are a FVCKING PIMP DADDY MY FRIEND !
that's FVCKING awesome style
I like the 3rd pic the best
you look amazingly stylish .. CHICKS WOULD BE FALLING FOR YOU LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE IN THAT OUTFIT!
FVUK ..you are a super DJ..

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, all I'm saying is that if Soma walked up to me on the street dressed like a ninja I'd be on my guard. Thats all.:D

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments.

No worries if the style is not for you. It's my own personal style and it's what works for me, as it expresses different sides of my personality.

Find what works for you and run with it. Also, try pushing your comfort zones. In time you may find that what you once thought was too "out there" for you, is actually a natural extension of your personality. What you were once too afraid to express, now feels good to you.

Like I said, you learn a lot about yourself. :)

-Soma

*Edit*

Just noticed this...

"No offence, but your all black look is going to be offensive to most people. You look alot like a mugger in that getup, Soma. Also, never show too much skin when picking up chicks. You'll scare them away. You wan't her number, not her purse."

Heheh, I'm sure you have good intentions but what you say is silly. To a certain extent, I don't care if my clothes offend people (Of course I won't wear something that says something racist, etc.), I wear what I like and feel good in. Why are you so worried about hurting someones feelings by the way you dress?

Also, you've been misled...showing skin is not a bad thing. On the contrary, it's a good thing. When did you become so concerned with being conservative and putting other peoples desires in front of your own?

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Much of it depends on the environment, the age of the girls/women and the quality of the girls/women you are looking to attract.

Soma's post was just about dead-on.

And women will give you more attention when you are dressed more formally in most cases.

But when in doubt, it's always better to be over-dressed than under-dressed.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've learned the hard way not to make myself a target by police, gangs, etc. And yeah, showing off too much skin can be a bad thing if you are going for more mature women. But if teeny boopers are your thing, go right ahead. Be warned though, that they don't know what they want -- they need MTV and Britney Spears to decide that for them.

Don't get me wrong, I have muscle and I love to show it off. But that won't get you laid, bro. Attitude does. Style helps.

I don't "walk on egg shells" as you suggest. I just don't stick my neck out and ask for it to be choped off needlessly. I'm not telling you how to dress or live your life, I'm just saying that the 'flamboyant ninja' look might not be the best way to go about it.

And if you walked up on me dressed like that in a dark alley, it would not be stupid of me to consider that you might be a mugger or something. So just be careful. I once dressed alot like you and I've got the scares to prove it.

I might dress like that when I workout, but not when I go out.

Last edited:

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Hahah, dude, what makes you think I'd walk up to someone in a dark alley? Really, it would be stupid of anyone to be in a dark alley needlessly.

I don't doubt it when you say you have muscles and have been in fights. But that's besides the point. You're letting your negative thoughts get the best of you, man. Ease up, and have a little fun. You might enjoy yourself!

As for mature/young women. It's all boils down to one thing...which you actually alluded to...attitude. Every woman, young or old, deep down, wants an aggressive man to take charge and make her feel like a little girl again. Saying that showing skin won't work with older women is wrong. I've seen it with my own eyes, and I've experienced it on quite a few occassions. The older women are actually easier to charm than the younger ones cause they LONG for some stud to make them feel good. The mature women are dying to know that they are still sexy. Easy peasy.

Old or young...it's all good.

-Soma

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only a moron would brag about being in a fight, Soma. You've missed my point. I was not trying to impress you -- thats beta territory. I'm not here for the p!ssing contests.

Showing flesh is what chicks use on us, not vice versa. You also don't want to come on too strong and scare them all away. Women might PRETEND to be interested in you just to show off for their pack of girlfriends, but they will never truly respect you or take you seriously if you dress like that.

After all, do we really respect women who dress like ho's?

No. We don't.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Im diggin the black leather jacket your wearing.. where'd you get it?

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Spike, my man, IMO, you're way off. Regardless, you and I have two different viewpoints and neither of us is going to change the others mind. You have your experiences and I have mine. Let's leave it be.

Julian,

I got the jacket in L.A. at that mall that looks like a castle, right off the freeway. It was a leather jacket store. I don't know the name of the mall, I was just visiting the area. Oh, fyi, it's a woman's jacket, racer style, haha! If you can dig it, check out the womens clothing sections for some phuckin stylish leather jackets. But make sure you get the ones the come straight down, NOT the ones that are flared for a woman's hips. Of course, you'll have to get the XL size or maybe even XXL if you're an average to big guy, which makes it kinda hard at times. Oh...you may get some weird looks from the women there when you try on the jacket...hahahhahaha...I get it all the time...but if you play it cool and really don't give a shiet you can pull these girls for number or phuck closes. Just run normal game. It's pretty easy actually. And no, I'm not talking about warpigs here, haha. 8's and 9's. Then again, you may have good game already and don't need my advice! Take it for what it's worth. :)

Yabba dabba doo.

-Soma

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL. Yeah, leave it be. Live and learn.

mrbrooklyn

Don Juan
Reaction score
WOmen love seeing a man's body. If you got the body flaunt it. I get much more IOI when I am wearing a form fitting t-shirt than when I am wearing my long sleeved banana republic shirts. Women will come up to you and touch your chest and abs. At this point all you have to do is show her you have a personality and you showed be golden. Soma I like your style. The only exception is when you are in the "Guito" clubs in NY where every guy has a dark sleeveless shirt and white gold chain.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked the leather jacket too

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually liked somas black outfit... It was pretty sweet.

Tai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude, can you tell us where you got your gear?

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Sure. Some people may be wondering about the prices so I'll put them also, as best I can remember...

Black outfit...

Beanie
Oakley Vault -$20

Necklace
Made it myself - $2 for materials

Tank Top
Gap - $15

Leather jacket
Mexican leather jacket store at an outlet mall in LA. The mall right off the freeway that looks like a castle - On sale for $180, normally $225.

Rings
One set from Clairs in the mall for $3. The other ring from Hot Topic in the mall for $15

Watch
Kenneth Cole - Unknown price, received as a gift from a girl I was dating

Belt
Hot Topic $20

Pants
Kenneth Cole - On sale for $90, normally $120

Shoes
Kenneth Cole - $85

70's outfit...

Paperboy hat
Unknown store on Haight St in SF - $25

Necklace
Made it myself - $2 for materials

Collared shirt
Vintage second-hand store on Haight in SF - $8

Felt Vest
Vintage second-hand store on Haight in SF - $5

Leather Jacket (Not seen in other pics. I'll post the link here)
http://i.myspace.com/50/43/193405/11853681_l.JPG
Vintage second-hand store on Haight in SF - $15 (yes, only $15)

Ring
Unknown online Gothic store - $23

Watch (Same as the one from the black outfit)
Kenneth Cole - Unknown price, received as a gift from a girl I was dating

Corduroy pants
Guess - $65

Belt
Cowboy appareal store on Haight St in SF - $5

Leather boots
Some unknown mexican store in LA - $15

If I post more pics of myself later, I'll provide the info for those outits. As you can see I get my clothes from everywhere so there isn't just one place I can tell you to go to.

*edit* People always ask me about prices on the tats, their meaning, and the piercing so here it is...

Lip Piercing - $60

Tattoos
1) Back of my neck (not seen in pics). Kanji character that says "Chi" - $55
2) From my neck to wrist. A Tibetan prayer written in Sanskrit. - $450

Pieces!

-Soma