Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

about "dressing well"

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was just wondering if you think dressing well all the time is really the type of thing a man who "doesn't give a damn" would do, or any type of real alpha male would do for that matter. When i envision the biggest badasses i know or read about, such as hunter s. thompson, dress shirts and nice shoes don't always come to mind. I'm not saying being a slob is the way to go, but i just don't get how "accessorizing" (sp.?), and putting lots of time and effort into looking fashionable goes with being a real man. I used to wear pajamas and white t-shirts all the time during the school year, and plenty of girls noticed how i just didn't give a ****, and i could honestly see their faces fill with curiousity and attraction whenever they mentioned my clothing. Hell, one day i came in looking good and this babe asked me where the hell my pajamas were in a disappointed tone of voice. Well, does anybody have any opinions on this?

Ixnys

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best mentality to have is to just dress the way you want to when you want to. Do what makes you feel good.

If that means sometimes you feel like just putting on a t-shirt and shorts, that's fine. Though sometimes it will be a friday night and you just FEEl like getting a little more decked out...for your own sake.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do both
dress well WITH a "don't give a damn attitude"
thats DOUBLE the power!

Chicks like good clothing on a guy ..increases attraction level..
in my opinion you should dress your best all the time..
for me this what makes me feel good

peace out dude!

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the order from worst to best:

You can dress like crap (shorts and flip flops), average (Jeans and tshirt), good (Gap), great (All GQ'd out), stylish (your own look but very trendy and up to date with your own flair), or peacocked (as the name implies...extreme flair).

There are exceptions to every rule, which I'm not mentioning, cause I'm sure you're smart enough to understand that it's better to get 100 women than 1 woman.

Women want someone who is of higher social value than themselves. If you dress GQ, you CAN always get a woman who dresses anything below that. But if you wear crap clothes, you WON'T get a women who dresses above that level. You MUST be COOLER than her and she MUST know it.

Remember...If you dress like everyone else you will be judged against everyone else. On first appearance, you're just another guy. But if you dress "stylish" or "Peackocked", you can't be just another guy, because you have your OWN style and flair so there is no one to judge you against. You are in your own category. Which is 1000 times better than dressing even GQ (which most people think is the pinnacle of dress). Cause even if you dress GQ, there is always another guy out there who's dressed GQ but is tanner, buffer, straighter teeth, better hair, and taller than you. So you're compared to him and are again slotted as just another guy. A well dress guy, but STILL, just another guy.

Accessories are superflous. They are not pracical. They are not needed to survive. And that's one of the reasons they are so sexy. Women wear accessories and they drive us wild...belly piercings, cowboy hats, knee-high phuck-me boots, hair coloring, etc., etc. Guys weating accessories, to a point, are very sexy. Why do think you ALWAYS hear women say they love guys with tattoos?

Think about it.

-Soma

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old r u? I am guessing no older than 17?

U went to school in your Pajamas? I am guessing the laugh was on you behind your back. Did u get with any of these girls? They probably thought u were "cute".......oh how cute kind of cute.

Dont picture the "biggest baddest dude"!!! Picture what you think looks good on you. Then wear it.

If you like alternative sh*t wear it! If u like stylish sh*t, wear it. If u like sporty stuff, wear it!

Or if u are like me, u will have a mixture of all and wear them on different occassions.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soma I 205% aggree with you
wearing classy **** has given me the most notice from chicks..

with regards to accessories..
where do you shop for like MENS jewelery ..
earing/chain...

just at a normal jewelery shop ? but i'd feel too embarassed walking to a chicks jewelery shop
wish they had one just for males

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
t-shirt and jeans can be more peacocked than any GQd outfit... Just depends on what and how you wear it....

Accessories = YES!

Most jewelerystores are genderless....

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Chris,

Online is the easiest place to find things, just do a google search. A lot of cool accessories can be found at online gothic shops and shiet. And no worries about looking like a Goth if that's not your thing. Just stay away from pentagram neckalaces and you'll be fine, haha. I get most of my rings from goth stores. You can also go to a store called Hot Topic that is in most malls. As for necklaces, I make my own. I keep em simple. A cord of leather with one piece of metal or a kanji character in the middle. Just go to a local bead shop and ask em for the supplies.

If you live near a big city, there is usually hip, fashion distric. If you live near one, take a stroll through each of the shops and you'll be up to your eyeballs in some cool phucking shiet that most people, who aren't from the area, don't have.

Kinetic,

You're right, CERTAIN jeans and t shirts can be peackocky. Like stuff from Club Monaco which is very trendy, etc. There are other examples but when I said jeans and T-shirt, I was talking about the generic look of blue jeans and white shirt. Which I'm sure you knew. ;p

RockGuitarist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Louisiana... dirty south. No, seriously, it's ****
Experiment with clothing, find your own style, keep yourself clean, and you're good to go.

And a pair of kick-ass shoes are crucial. I've gone out and caught women taking a glance at a man's footwear. A woman will always notice your shoes.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you need more than an "I don't give a damn" attitude to attract women, and not giving a damn about the way you look is surely very offputting.

Remember...If you dress like everyone else you will be judged against everyone else.
Exactly! I agree with Soma too. Good dress draws attention to you and makes you stand out from the crowd. I've had many women approach me and compliment the way I dress.

Recently I was introduced to this HB9 (a friend of a friend who apparently wanted to meet me). The first thing she did was compliment my shirt and then run her hand over it. A number of women have followed such compliments with kino. They'll compliment a ring or bracelet I'm wearing and hold my hand to look at it, or touch my shirt, stroke my jacket etc.

And generally women like to be seen with guys who look good to everyone, because as Soma said, they want someone of social value.

SuperFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only clothes that look good on me are sport pants/shorts and football (soccer=) tops.

It's because my legs are really long (i'm 5'11, but my legs are same length as someone who is say 6'2), and i have long skinny arms.

So i can't really wear fashionable stuff because it looks ****ing stupid on me.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Sure you can. I'm probably the skinniest guy you will ever meet in your life. I have a very small frame. This used to bother me and up until I was about 22, I would NEVER wear a short sleeve shirt. NEVER. Even in the hottest days of summer I'd be wearing a jacket, long shirt, sweatshirt, etc.. So no excuses man. Not everyone can look like Bradd Pitt, but EVERYONE can look better than they currently do.

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rock guitarist : find your own style, keep yourself clean, and you're good to go.
that sounds to me as a good advice. clean clothes that makes you feel good.

The general advice here is "LOOK AT WHAT PEOPLE WEAR". I know some of you guys will have two different reactions : that is
1 - i want to be part of these trendy people. so i am going for the urban Diesel look or dress shirts ...
2 - i want to look very different and i will want to wear odd clothes and original accesories.

it reminds me of the high school years. we were teenagers and wanted to stand out. so we bought the cool nike shoes and the killer jeans. and then it looked like we all had an uniform. but you all know where it comes from : INSECURITY. we all knew that we didn't have the principles and experiences that made us adult persons. so we tried to to buy the clothes that make us LOOK different.

homos, teenagers, women focus on appearences. why ? i don't know. maybe they have low self-esteem coupled with furstration. they REACT on what other people wear. they focus on look rather than functionnality. they want to be accepted by society as adults and to be part of the sharp&trendy group. they spend their weekends shopping and looking for a rare accesory rather than doing something worthwile. and then they find themselves hunting forever for bits of synthetic material and cotton.

i find it so lame that men talk so much about clothes.

another thing : i didn't say a guy could go out with a dirty boxer :D and a 10-year old broken shirt :mad: . that's the other extreme. you can't go out either looking like a 12year old kid or the geek style.

i just want to say that women look for a guy who can take care of himself, who has high principles and follow them. a Man in a one word who don't give a f*ck if the toe's shoe is square or round or if he should buy Guess or Kenneth Cole. he just cares if the jacket fits him well, will serve him for years, something that is well built and has a very good finish too. he doesn't give a damn f*ck if everybody else wears the same jacket or that the girl next door don't like it. because he has other *high* things to achieve.

final word : i guess i am not helping the 16 year old newbies who don't have a clue on what to buy. i want you guys to try the raw style. i am talking about solid&brute&natural clothes/boots/raw hairstyle/jacket which are made of either raw cotton or leather (for the jacket&boots)... besides making you feel strong on your feet (for the boots), these clothes last for years and are very practical. (but just one thing : make it light because it's very easy to f*ck up with this and some of you will have the biker look, which is neither practical or sharp). i don't know how many looks or stares from the girls (hmmm... a lot :D ... ) , i just know i get the ones i want.

now this may not work in northern america or in business environnements. but this is another story.

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soma
Chris,

Online is the easiest place to find things, just do a google search. A lot of cool accessories can be found at online gothic shops and shiet. And no worries about looking like a Goth if that's not your thing. Just stay away from pentagram neckalaces and you'll be fine, haha. I get most of my rings from goth stores. You can also go to a store called Hot Topic that is in most malls. As for necklaces, I make my own. I keep em simple. A cord of leather with one piece of metal or a kanji character in the middle. Just go to a local bead shop and ask em for the supplies.

If you live near a big city, there is usually hip, fashion distric. If you live near one, take a stroll through each of the shops and you'll be up to your eyeballs in some cool phucking shiet that most people, who aren't from the area, don't have.

Thanks for the tips soma..
gee you are very stylish ...
keep it up dude...
that's inspirational......

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Heheh, thanks man. I love personal style and give props to people who have their own sense of it.

Ever play video game where you could customize your character? I would sit there and LITERALY spend an hour or two thinking of a really cool name and working hard in the game to get the coolest phucking gear. Now I'm old enough to afford my own shiet in real life. Instead of playing as a cool guy in a video game, I AM that cool motherphucker. It's fun as hell.

I have some pics floating on the net. If anyone requests em, I'll post em here.

Take care.

-Soma

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well yea post the pictures here and give me some ideas!

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found that balance is the key. i wouldn't go all out and spend a bucket load of $$$ on clothes, but you don't want to be a slob either. Outside of nice places/dates, t shirt and jeans and tennis shoes is fine. On a date or out sargin, put on some black dress pants, nice black dress shoes, (shined) and a nice button up shirt. Its really simple.

Black pants = a button up shirt thats not black. Blue or grey works well.

Grey pants = go for a black top. If you got the body, wear a form fitting black shirt. If not, a loose button up black shirt will do.

ALWAYS wear black, shined up dress shoes. I prefer sketchers. There not to gay but still look cool. Kenneth cole will work as well. Take your pick.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, here are a few pictures of myself that were recently taken. Two completely different styles but that's normal for me. Each day I dress in a different style. It's fun and you learn a lot about yourself.

-Soma

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chicksrock
do both
dress well WITH a "don't give a damn attitude"
thats DOUBLE the power!
I agree, do both. I wear a suit and tie every day. Women go crazy for a man with his clothes on, just as we do when a woman's clothes are off! -- Just don't forget the attitude. Everything is for nothing without the right mindset. You gotta' have that "don't give a damn attitude".

:cool:

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
My style is GQ for the most part.