Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A journey: 100 days. 100 sets.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo, Don Juan's! Whats happening?

Well, here it is. The title says all that needs to be said. In the next 100 days, I will do 100 sets. This does not seem like a lot and I am likely to far surpass this. But there is a caveat. The caveat is that I have to do 1 set per day MINIMUM and I MUST ASK FOR THEIR NUMBER.

I will be documenting every set in this journal, even if it surpasses 100. But I will always document at least one set per day and I must ask for the number. So there are the rules fellas.

Rule #1: I must do at least one set a day for 100 days straight
Rule #2: At least one set per day I have to ask for their number

Wish me luck.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1

Set #1
I was sitting down with a cute colleague outside of my work and a 7/10 asian chick with a nice booty walked by. Funny enough I was talking to the colleague about my date tonight with a girl, who I told her I went up and asked for her number. The colleague noticed me looking at the asian chick and dared me to approach. So I immediately got up and ran after her. I did a very simple approach, and it went like:

"Hey excuse me!"
she turned around and smiled
"Hey, I thought you were mad cute, and I want to take you for bubble tea"
she started laughing
"So, give me your number and I will give you a text"
Send then gives me her number. But as she is doing it she tells me that it is a temporary number and that I have to text her in an hour so that she can text me from her new phone. So I messaged her "You were mad cute. Its that charming guy you just met. text me with your permanent number"

So far no reply.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck, man. I look forward to reading about your progression. Have fun when you completing the 100 sets in 100 days. When you finish, look back and compare your 1st to your 100th set; the growth should be apparent to you if you stay consistent in your approach discipline. I did hundreds of approaches in my early 20s with a thread I called Approachzilla. I made some silly stupid mistakes in the beginning, yet I often heard comments from friends and coworkers later that noticed a difference in my aptitude from the constant sarging.

But as she is doing it she tells me that it is a temporary number and that I have to text her in an hour so that she can text me from her new phone.
Hmm... Sounds a little sketchy on her part... You went in quick with a SOI... I'm rusty in the approach, but I wonder if you toss in a neg, c+f, or get her to qualify her looks, if the compliance with the #close would have gone smoother, less hoops and an accurate gauge of her IL. But still, props for set#1.

Last edited:

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will get layed off this by day 25..
Not critiquing your style at all but try building a little more rapport.

If it's no rush have a nice little conversation before the number close.

Try to sneak in some very light Kino. A arm touch, or hug.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome guys! thanks for dropping by.

I appreciate all constructive criticism, and welcome any help you guys can give me on my approaches.

I admit that the approach was not the best, and that one of my sticking points is staying in the approach for longer and building up some rapport and gauging interest more efficiently. Respect. Will try those things out tomorrow.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Good luck @narcissist

Repetition is the path to mastery.

In regards to your first set, I personally wouldn't use generic compliments such as "you're cute/beautiful/hot/sexy/etc" as women hear these all the time (moderately attractive ones, at least). I'm not saying they don't work but I feel those are more effective down the line when rapport is build and done in a moment where you've already established good feelings and the words carry more weight, and not in the initial approach. They may work if you're a 9/10 or 10/10 but if not you have to be more creative.

This is just my opinion though. I would try to stand out if you decide to use a compliment right off the bat in the approach. Comment on an article of clothing/jewelry or a unique feature about her, it will come off as more sincere and it'll make her remember you versus all the guys that are just giving out the same generic compliments. I think it's less intrusive especially if you're not in a club or bar. For girls who are familiar with you, comment when you noticed something they changed about their appearance and if they have any interest in you to begin with they will love it.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't use generic compliments such as "you're cute/beautiful/hot/sexy/etc" as women hear these all the time
Agreed. Stay well away from hackneyed compliments, especially early on. If you must, make sure they are authentic.

I like to use different adjectives and observations. I recently told a girl that she 'smelled inspirational', which she seemed to find hilarious and chewed my face off later that evening. It's an absolutely nonsense statement, but there is an element of truth, because she did smell good, and it's more memorable than 'you're cute'.

A few older guys I know always say approach and deliver compliments free from expectations. Takes a whole lot of pressure off the situations if you don't (necessarily) expect anything back. A bit like buying a girl a drink; do it because you want to, not assuming it's going to get you laid. You should be able to approach 100 girls in a week, if not weekend. I think my best was 12 in one night.

When you don't care, it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus. Not trying to bring you down, that's great if you can manage this, but hell I'd at least rest a couple days a week.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool thread. Couple quick pointers as a guy who's out in the field.
  • Qualify #s HARD & Get Investment: Phone numbers are easy (can't remember the last time I didn't get the number)--but they're flakier than they've ever been. It doesn't matter how smooth the set was, how long it was, how good the chemistry was. That might get you a response but it won't get the girl hanging out later. Here's what my number game currently looks like.
    • "You need to step your game up. Ask me for my phone number." Here the girl probably laughs and either complies or tells you to ask for hers. At this point, I go either way but if a girl asks for mine then she's investing.
    • Once she has mine, I say something like, "Oh you're smooth. Text me so I have yours. Now. Text me how much you want to see me later." Again, this is a way to get investment and to establish the dynamic where she invests and you're the prize. It also gives her a chance to just disqualify herself, saving us both time.
    • At this point I say something like, "Are you one of those flakey girls? You probably have like 5 boyfriends?" She'll either say no or jokingly say something like, "Yeah, totally." So she either complies or qualifies--both good. Then: "Flakiness is such a turn off. [Let her reply]. I'm inviting you over for wine [random day]. Wear a [whatever random article/style of clothing she's wearing that you like]."
  • Screen for logistics. By the time you have her number you should know, where/who she live with, what she does for a living/her work schedule, whether or not she has a car. One, it gives you a reason to stay in set longer. Two, answering those questions is her investing towards a meetup. Three, it's easier to overcome obstacles in person. Obviously, not all sets will allow for you to get all that info & you might have to be more casual/low key.
  • Go for the pull. Since even some of the best numbers flake, you're better off trying to pull her that day/night--even if it's just for a 5 minute cup of coffee. If she's with friends, pretend you're stealing her from her friends. even tell her friends you're stealing her. Basically just show intent. I.e. Oh, this is the guy I'm actually hanging out with. It gives you an actual experience to tease her with or to callback to.
  • Set the frame. It's summer time. Tell girls she's your summer fling. Etc.

Last edited:

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the constructive advice! It is great.

Day 2:

Set #2

I went to work today, and I work at a mall. It is pretty good for doing sets while I am on lunch. I did two sets today where I asked for their numbers. Both of them were work colleagues. (I know I know - don't sh1t where you eat.) But these girls are mad cute and they are very receptive to me. The first set was a lot longer than yesterdays set. It was in the lunch room and I chatted her up for 10 minutes about various sh1t. I also started to qualify, but i have yet to develop the capacity to get them to start investing in me, which is a valuable skill no doubt. So I got her number. Actually the first girls number in the lunch room, her demeanour changed a little when I asked for her number -- I think she was thrown off guard.

The second number was this cute little nerdy chick from my work who is small and blonde and innocent, with a tiny voice and I could only imagine that s3x would be fantastic with her. I asked for her number after I made her do some of my work and pretended to be her new manager. She complied. Then she had to leave to go home. Funny enough, after she left about 20 minutes later she came back and just sat on the couch near my desk for like 30 minutes waiting until I was done with customers, but the store was so busy that she decided to just leave. So I think this is a good start for this plate. That is clearly her investing, because, the context doesn't make sense for her to come sit at my couch other than to talk to me.

Failure #1

I was eating a cookie on my break and I saw this absolutely gorgeous middle eastern women walk by me, and I was too pvssy to approach her. I was yelling at myself in my head. Then about 10 minutes later I was given the opportunity again as she walked by and I had the perfect chance to do it, but I pvssied out.

It is okay, there is always tomorrow. I also tend to never go out on my own, without my friends, and so tonight I am going to some club with some random PUA dudes that I have never met, just to experience going out ON MY OWN. So I will be doing more sets tonight.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the nonchalant/ easy/ natural way to approach.

I had a lot of paperwork to do, so I go to a local café three days in a row. On the second day, I notice a lady who has also been there both days working on something [now if I've noticed here, I can assume she has noticed me... actually, I remember her giving me a quick smirk the second time I saw her]. On the third day. yes, there she is again, and I sit at the table next to hers. When she looks over, am straight into conversation about noticing here everyday.. do you live here.. ha ha.. etc. Conversation ensues for a good solid hour. I get the number, and leave. I text her around 3 days later, she texts me back the next day. Organize a coffee for a few days later. Meet for coffee and very flirtatious conversation. Hang out for two hours at two venues... building good tension. get to know each-other a bit. Have organized a drinking date with her once she gets back from her holiday.

The date went so well, that as we were walking to my place there was that ambiguous moment where we were wondering whether we were going to my place. I didn't push it [offer the excuse to go there... though previously I'd mentioned I make a mean coffee... to use at a later date] so she exited at the intersection. I didn't push it because I'm an older gent looking for something more solid... and this is Korea. I'd rather work on the 2 .. 3.. date timespan.

Btw, perhaps shaving my forearms had something to do with it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the nonchalant/ easy/ natural way to approach.

I had a lot of paperwork to do, so I go to a local café three days in a row. On the second day, I notice a lady who has also been there both days working on something [now if I've noticed here, I can assume she has noticed me... actually, I remember her giving me a quick smirk the second time I saw her]. On the third day. yes, there she is again, and I sit at the table next to hers. When she looks over, am straight into conversation about noticing here everyday.. do you live here.. ha ha.. etc. Conversation ensues for a good solid hour. I get the number, and leave. I text her around 3 days later, she texts me back the next day. Organize a coffee for a few days later. Meet for coffee and very flirtatious conversation. Hang out for two hours at two venues... building good tension. get to know each-other a bit. Have organized a drinking date with her once she gets back from her holiday.

The date went so well, that as we were walking to my place there was that ambiguous moment where we were wondering whether we were going to my place. I didn't push it [offer the excuse to go there... though previously I'd mentioned I make a mean coffee... to use at a later date] so she exited at the intersection. I didn't push it because I'm an older gent looking for something more solid... and this is Korea. I'd rather work on the 2 .. 3.. date timespan.

Btw, perhaps shaving my forearms had something to do with it.:rolleyes:
Sounds great. Let's wait for the universe & fate to hand it to us on a plate--play it safe & maybe you won't get rejected ;)

But you leave so many factors unnecessarily out of your control. What if she only ever comes to the coffeehouse once? What if she's only in town for the weekend? What if she meets me in the week it takes you to set up the coffee date?

Sure there's an abundance of girls--and you're older & I'm assuming she is as well, so maybe you're playing this ideally--but for girls in the 18-22 y/o range you better be able to pull the trigger cause you usually only get one shot.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the field a lot so here's my two cents:

Find commonality. Don't give any compliments unless it's genuine. If you like her clothes, shoes, hair, compliment on it specifically. Throw in a follow up question to soften her up. Don't compliment her looks generically, it comes off as creepy and she'll be on to you.

Example, I number closed a black woman with an Afro yesterday in the airport. "Natural hair" is a big fashion trend in our community now, so I complimented on it and asked her how long she's been natural for. She assumed a submissive posture, blushed and we got into a conversation about where she's from, how she moved away, why she moved away, etc.

Leads me to the next.. use your environment. If it's a bar or coffee shop, ask her if she's a regular or what her standard drink is. Same with the grocery store. If she's in the produce section with all veggies in her cart, ask her if she's a vegetarian. Use any detail to get her talking. Trust me, she'll notice that you're different from other hounddogs.

Try to approach women in favorable settings. On the street is a bad environment. Conventions or meetup groups are great. Like I mentioned above, any place can work if you use the environment to start a conversation.

You don't have to talk to her that long, just ask for the number. Women have confirmed this to me in private; they already know in 15 seconds if they'll give you the number or not. No need to waste more than 2-3 minutes.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One other thing.

Don't hesitate. It's your birthright to be a man and go after what you want. If you see a woman you have to talk to her. Frame it like that in your head. Don't even think. Get used to just walking up to women and saying something. After about 15 attempts, you will give no **** ever again. Don't be ashamed of rejection. Embrace that ****.

If you chase rejection, you'll get more numbers than you'll be able to call.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds great. Let's wait for the universe & fate to hand it to us on a plate--play it safe & maybe you won't get rejected ;)

But you leave so many factors unnecessarily out of your control. What if she only ever comes to the coffeehouse once? What if she's only in town for the weekend? What if she meets me in the week it takes you to set up the coffee date?

Sure there's an abundance of girls--and you're older & I'm assuming she is as well, so maybe you're playing this ideally--but for girls in the 18-22 y/o range you better be able to pull the trigger cause you usually only get one shot.
Three things.

Objectively [if your goal is simply to get laid]; because there are no certainties you have to play the odds. Are you more likely to achieve the goal by pushing it to the nth degree on the first meet. Or are you more likely to achieve it if you show a little bit more restraint and tact. If you go too quickly, you can scare her off.

Subjectively; you should be pursuing goals, and women, that are congruent with who you are as a person.

Practically; each situation is different. There are no 'a priori rules'.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're both right in your respective target markets.

Probably just a stages of life argument guys. Once you've missed the daddy train women haven't got that much to offer.

So us silvertips are happier to slow down a bit and let the universe provide sometimes. And normally we don't have the tolerance to put up with girls in their twenties. We've had two decades of doing that.

Now I do believe there are rules and exceptions. But as usual they are training wheels. The older guys have their own style and their own tricks which just become second nature they probably don't even know they do them anymore. Hence a lot of them believe there are no rules. CC You play the warrior poet archetype very nicely but there are others.

And @ChristopherColumbus with the older ladies the opposite of what you advocated can work as well. I've bedded many woman in their 30s to forties who enjoyed my passion and bold approach. They find other guys very shut down and boring.

I think the young guys could learn more about the power of storytelling. I think that can be used effectively in set. To shake things up I like to turn the TV off and read to my girlfriend. Cannery row, droll tales, guys and Dolls. I sing to her as well. That and sad movies r easy ways to give her those emotional fluctuations without having to go through all those boring fights.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
day 3
set #3

Today was absolutely crazy. I probably approached 50 girls today/tonight.
It all started with telling a girl she was beautiful at the mall where i work on my break and then my heart was racing and all the physiological responses kicked in. I approached and told her she was beautiful because 1) she was beautiful and 2) i had to build up some micro momentum. Then I told myself that I had to go an do my daily set where I ask for the number with intent. So I went into a store called Ardene. And I went up to one of the cashiers and we talked for a bit and then I asked for her number. I did it in front of two other coworkers and all three of them liked me or at least were showing me signs of interest. Turns out the chick was 17 years old and so she didn't give me her number. i assume that she didn't give her number out because she was in front of her coworkers.

After that the ball just kept rolling. I approached a couple more girls in the mall. and then when I got home from work around 730 I decided to go downtown and do some night game. I literally destroyed it. I approached 40-50 girls. Got about 8 numbers, and kissed one girl (although she was drunk). I was staying in set longer, setting the frame, and sexually escalating. There is a lot more I can say about what happened but I am tired as sh!t and want to hit the bed.

One thing I could work on is staying in set longer then 2 minutes. I am absolutely amazing at the first two minutes of approaching. The girls have been extremely receptive to me. But I have to learn how to go for 20-30-40 minutes until s3x. I am not really interested in getting numbers in the night, I would rather have same night pulls and have s3x with these girls. So my goal is to continue to work on prolonging the interaction and keeping my frame. I am pretty good at sexually escalating.

My god tonight was crazy. I can feel my skills coming back up to the surface.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@deesade just the bleedingly obvious I'm afraid. The main point of the family unit is to raise children. Most women want guys who are richer than them for long term relationships. So there's not much point in moving her in. You can have more fun if you keep your respective places. Now it's not such a big deal in the UK unless you marry her. Where I live in Australia if you live with a woman for more than 6 months she has claim on your assets. So unless I find a girl with substantial assets she's going to be a financial risk. And as we know most so called good girls will cheerfully strip the skin off your back on the way out.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
day 4 (roughly 30-35 approaches)
set 4

Once again, a crazy fvcking day. I was trying to help out my other friend get into this challenge because he has severe social anxiety and so on my break at work me and him walked around the mall together (he also works with me). I immediately approached three girls - got all three of their numbers. I started off with a hot blonde chick names elizabeth. got her number, then I approached this other girl and she actually works at a place where I am known to have a bad reputation but she was into me so she gave me her number, and then I told this hot asian mom that she was hot -- but didn't go for the number and lastly I went into a coffee store to get water and got the cashiers number. My friend was pretty blown away -- i had momentum from last nights sarge. That was just the first break. My friend built up enough courage to ask an old man for the time. The second break my other gaming buddy came along and we both approached basically non stop for 30 minutes. I suffered a lot of rejections the second break. But after 5 years gaming I can for real say I don't get affected by rejection at all anymore. I got one girls number the second break and ate some of her poutine. All of the interactions are getting longer and more quality.

Then I went downtown again. I have made it a goal to go downtown thurs, fri, sat, sun, every week this summer. So I went down and it was pretty dead but I got a solid 20 approaches in. Some of them were pretty damn awesome. Some of them were pretty horrendous. I was just walking the streets, no club tonight.

I am working on all these numbers also.