Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

5K runs and meeting women

Reaction score
I have probably done about 30+ races over the last 15 years (5K's, 4 milers, 5 miles) etc. and I have never met a woman through one. The most IOI's I have gotten is the occasional glance.

What has been your experience with these races?

My experience with these races (at least in NJ)

1.) They are very cliquish. Most people don't go to these events solo, women go with their girlfriends or their boyfriends/husbands so they are not there to meet new people.

2.) Like the bar/club scene, the guy to girl ration is closer to 2 to 1.

Yesterday, I did a 5K (with a friend) that had a craft beer festival afterwards. There were a decent number of attractive women there, but again....most were with their male companions. While waiting on line for the race to start, I had an attractive woman in front of me. Her boyfriend (who was on the fat side and not running the race) came up and talked to her. I felt like saying to the guy; "How come your fat ass is not running the race?" (Fat men DO NOT deserve attractive women)

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're dealing with an activity that is relaxing and produces endorphins without needing to have sex. Might as well try to game at a meditation retreat. These women are not the least bit in any kind of horny mood. If you going to try to use exercise to get laid, do crossfit. Most of the women I've known who are into it have higher than usual sex drives, although they tend to be nuts.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And also, New Jersey. Not the easiest field of broads to game to begin with. Lots of Italianas, Jewesses, Black girls, etc. Where I live it's a mix of midwestern-rooted white girls and latinas. I avoid the aforementioned categories as a general rule.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go in on them at the finish line when they look and feel like garbage. They'll be glad anyone recognized their 11th place finish. Not at a 5K but the longer races. But if they are that bad off after a 5K, I'd go find someone else.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most high value women will have some type of male company with them at these types of events. Whether it be a husband, bf, orbiter, brother, rando guy they just met 5 minutes ago, in order to keep them company. I'm not a fan of snaking in on someone else's woman however, a lot of these women are actively looking either overtly or covertly. Just because they have a male companion with them it doesn't necessarily mean they're not open to meeting someone new.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have ran alot too. You have the limited time before the race starts and some people including myself get pre-race jitters.
I have talked to women during the race and really should have number closed once.
After the race there is definitely some time to talk near the finish line.

There are plenty of times where a girl runs a race with her friend and certain races have more women than male participants.

Challenge accepted. I have a race coming up soon.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And also, New Jersey. Not the easiest field of broads to game to begin with. Lots of Italianas, Jewesses, Black girls, etc. Where I live it's a mix of midwestern-rooted white girls and latinas. I avoid the aforementioned categories as a general rule.
The West Coast White people (esp. Californians) are the biggest problem in your area.

I have probably done about 30+ races over the last 15 years (5K's, 4 milers, 5 miles) etc. and I have never met a woman through one. The most IOI's I have gotten is the occasional glance.

What has been your experience with these races?
Never done one, but a lot of sports have similar issues to what you're describing.

At least running in general has a decent ratio but the races may not have that.

Co-ed sports leagues can be problematic too. A lot of men sign up for kickball, softball, and volleyball and end up not getting dates or getting laid from it.

My experience with these races (at least in NJ)

1.) They are very cliquish. Most people don't go to these events solo, women go with their girlfriends or their boyfriends/husbands so they are not there to meet new people.

2.) Like the bar/club scene, the guy to girl ration is closer to 2 to 1.
Neither of these things are surprising and common parts of trying to meet women through sports. I don't think this is New Jersey specific.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The West Coast White people (esp. Californians) are the biggest problem in your area.

Never done one, but a lot of sports have similar issues to what you're describing.

At least running has a decent ratio. There are plenty of sports I can name with worse ratios.

Co-ed sports leagues can be problematic too. A lot of men sign up for kickball, softball, and volleyball and end up not getting dates or getting laid from it.
If I see a chick in Arizona who is from California, it's pretty much a no-go lol.

Briefly, there is a bit of a misconception about transplanted Calfornians. Most of the ones who have fled are conservative by CA standards. Most states turning purple or blue are due to the youth miseducated by leftist teachers.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I see a chick in Arizona who is from California, it's pretty much a no-go lol.
Makes sense. Native Arizonans are a little bit better than Californians, but even many of them have bad attitudes.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes sense. Native Arizonans are a little bit better than Californians, but even many of them have bad attitudes.
By big city standards, Phx/Scottsdale is bland and lacking culture. Therefore, status is overemphasized, but mostly relegated to Scottsdale and the wealthy East Valley suburbs - which are essentially the same patch of hot desert, but with slightly better architecture. NPC's have a hard time seeing this though, they act like Scottsdale is La Jolla when the scenery pales in comparison to even Palm Springs.

Last edited:

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you run by yourself? The runs I’ve been on it’s usually with a group of about 3-5 people and we always get a chance to mingle with others after the race. Easy opportunity to talk to women.

Reaction score
I have ran alot too. You have the limited time before the race starts and some people including myself get pre-race jitters.
I have talked to women during the race and really should have number closed once.
After the race there is definitely some time to talk near the finish line.

There are plenty of times where a girl runs a race with her friend and certain races have more women than male participants.

Challenge accepted. I have a race coming up soon.
Yeah, I get pre-race jitters as well (so talking to women before the race is not on my mind) since I know I have a world of pain coming my way. A 5K is still tough when you hit that wall at around the 2-mile mark.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By big city standards, Phx/Scottsdale is bland and lacking culture. Therefore, status is overemphasized, but mostly relegated to Scottsdale and the wealthy East Valley suburbs - which are essentially the same patch of hot desert, but with slightly better architecture.
All true. I plan to expand on this post in the Phoenix thread....

Like the bar/club scene, the guy to girl ration is closer to 2 to 1.
There are plenty of women walkers/runners. Why do you think the male to female ratio at 5k races is terrible?

When I ride bicycle paths in my city, male bicyclists seem to outnumber female bicyclists around 8 to 1.

Tennis is a sausage fest too in a lot of cases, but it has the reputation of being female friendly.

Volleyball is probably the best sport for meeting women.

Reaction score
All true. I plan to expand on this post in the Phoenix thread....

There are plenty of women walkers/runners. Why do you think the male to female ratio at 5k races is terrible?

When I ride bicycle paths in my city, male bicyclists seem to outnumber female bicyclists around 8 to 1.

Tennis is a sausage fest too in a lot of cases, but it has the reputation of being female friendly.

Volleyball is probably the best sport for meeting women.
Maybe not 2 to 1, but it definitely leans towards men 60/40 or so and I don't know why.

Reaction score
I guess it's easier to stare at a woman's ass or tits without being obvious when you are passing quickly on a bike ;)

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it's easier to stare at a woman's ass or tits without being obvious when you are passing quickly on a bike ;)
Two things you don't stare at without sunglasses:

1: The Sun

2: Boobs

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People trying to get skinny fat. No thanks
This. It's been discussed long before on T-Nation's forums. Find another hobby OP. You'd have more fun pulling straight women from gay bars.