Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Careers you can get into quickly

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trades jobs always require experience, which means trade school, which is still pricey even if it's not college/university. What careers can you get into in 6 months of training or less? Is real estate my best bet?

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
HVAC <-- one of the best.
Bodyshop work <-- alot of fun and fulfilling. can easily learn vinyl car wrapping, and other things rerlated to cars and customization
Electrician <-- another one easy to get into
Phlebotomist <--- if you're okay with clinic/hospital settings and drawing blood
Xray Tech <-- another one , forgot the name for it

There are others but probably not as fruitful. HVAC you can make alot of money quickly.
A big one these days is selling Solar to homes, businesses.. which can be widely fruitful but its a sales job. You can always sell insurance which has a never ending demand.. but thats another boring gig. Real estate is good but if you already have a business saavy, go getter mindset.. In Real estate, you have to be a big self starter. if you want to get into it, get into Real Estate Wholesaling. Most fruitful and least barrier of entry.

Me personally, I got into Ecommerce 5 years back after owning a graphic design firm for about a decade.. I was a self taught graphic design artist , then tried my hand at business, first t shirts, reselling furniture, electronics,you name it.. always been a hustler.

E commerce blew up for me and lets just say I'm more financially secure and more independant than ever before. I'm not filthy rich or anything but I'm doing extremely well for myself.

What's ECommerce? -- Sourcing and selling products online , then marketing and managing the business. Marketing usually happens thoruhg advertising platforms, mostly Facebook, Google, Instagram, but also TikTok and Pinterest .. Other avenues too but these are some of the most popular ones. I've spent so much money in advertising from my start and on failed attempts/stores that did not become profitable enough for me to continue.. (didnt have a good ROAS (Retrn on Ad spend)... to then finding success, and then spending more money on advertisements than I've spent on alot of things in life.. Advertising is the lifeblood of ecommerce though.. its how u keep the train going

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most worthwhile paths aren't ones you stumble into "easily". I do eacho that HVAC, electrical, auto tech, and other trades are desirable and I greatly respect them. HVAC in particular has been getting a lot of love lately I've noticed, good career.

I think the trades are making a resurgence, and going into one might be the wise move in the age of uncertainty around AI. For the first time I've begun contemplating the reality that my career in finance might not be sustainable past the next decade, although that remains to be seen. I think there will still be positions for specialized jobs above staff accountant/analyst.

Forestry management is something you can get a good foot in the door with a two year degree, always thought that to be an interesting industry. If it's up your alley, I think law enforcement is an excellent career, high in demand, respectable, and in most places comes with a good early pension.

Regardless, pick something that has a future and then invest your time into perfecting the craft. Become among the best at it, there are always good opportunities for the top performers in every field.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HVAC <-- one of the best.
Bodyshop work <-- alot of fun and fulfilling. can easily learn vinyl car wrapping, and other things rerlated to cars and customization
Electrician <-- another one easy to get into
Phlebotomist <--- if you're okay with clinic/hospital settings and drawing blood
Xray Tech <-- another one , forgot the name for it

There are others but probably not as fruitful. HVAC you can make alot of money quickly.
A big one these days is selling Solar to homes, businesses.. which can be widely fruitful but its a sales job. You can always sell insurance which has a never ending demand.. but thats another boring gig. Real estate is good but if you already have a business saavy, go getter mindset.. In Real estate, you have to be a big self starter. if you want to get into it, get into Real Estate Wholesaling. Most fruitful and least barrier of entry.

Me personally, I got into Ecommerce 5 years back after owning a graphic design firm for about a decade.. I was a self taught graphic design artist , then tried my hand at business, first t shirts, reselling furniture, electronics,you name it.. always been a hustler.

E commerce blew up for me and lets just say I'm more financially secure and more independant than ever before. I'm not filthy rich or anything but I'm doing extremely well for myself.

What's ECommerce? -- Sourcing and selling products online , then marketing and managing the business. Marketing usually happens thoruhg advertising platforms, mostly Facebook, Google, Instagram, but also TikTok and Pinterest .. Other avenues too but these are some of the most popular ones. I've spent so much money in advertising from my start and on failed attempts/stores that did not become profitable enough for me to continue.. (didnt have a good ROAS (Retrn on Ad spend)... to then finding success, and then spending more money on advertisements than I've spent on alot of things in life.. Advertising is the lifeblood of ecommerce though.. its how u keep the train going
Lolz so how many times have your Google and Facebook ads accounts been banned?

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Lolz so how many times have your Google and Facebook ads accounts been banned?
haha. only one FB acc got banned. Google Ads 1 as well. Haven't had problems since.. Just gotta pay attention to certain advertising policies and things and take care of them quick enough or else you're kinda f-ed and gotta use other platforms lol -- because they wont let u advertise that same store anymore even if u make a new business account

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in real estate, completely saturated. Every bartender, nail tech, bottle service girl has a license now. 90% of Agents who start today are gone in less than two years. Not a career id do full time if you plan on eating.

Way better off in a trade

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in real estate, completely saturated. Every bartender, nail tech, bottle service girl has a license now. 90% of Agents who start today are gone in less than two years. Not a career id do full time if you plan on eating.

Way better off in a trade
Do you have any advice for getting my foot in the door with a trade?

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Trades jobs always require experience, which means trade school, which is still pricey even if it's not college/university. What careers can you get into in 6 months of training or less? Is real estate my best bet?
Car mechanic, take the courses online, pay $50 per month, study and get the certification, from there you cam start at $18-20/hr.

I was studying also for HVAC but bad thing you'll be out even at night and when its hot or freezing, on the roof, its no good, but a lot of money.

Car mechanic is nice, after you do that for a while you can get your own shop, not many good mechanics out there.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Do you have any advice for getting my foot in the door with a trade?
If you want to start in a shop trade like machinist, welder, fabricator, mechanic do this.
On a walk in talk with the owner, tell him you’re willing to sweep floors and whatever it takes to get a beginner level job and learn.
Many trades can be OJT in shop like non certified welding, oil / tire changes, and most machinist work.

Some may require further online part time schooling like becoming an automotive master mechanic, certified welder test, or hvac license.

I spent my first ten years out of school at two shops as a machinist and then a truck body welder/fabricator. Regardless of what you achieve later in life, you will always have a skill to fall back on if needed. I started both jobs by sweeping the floors perfectly. When an employer sees effort and willingness to learn, you Will be taught and advance.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Car mechanic, take the courses online, pay $50 per month, study and get the certification, from there you cam start at $18-20/hr.

I was studying also for HVAC but bad thing you'll be out even at night and when its hot or freezing, on the roof, its no good, but a lot of money.

Car mechanic is nice, after you do that for a while you can get your own shop, not many good mechanics out there.
Lot of car mechanics that have repetitive motion issues tho or back problems from bending over all day

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
I do not think anyone should rush a mechanics degree. To properly train as a mechanic , you need at least 2 years of hands on course training, much of which has to be hands on.

It's def not something you can get into "quickly" unless you already have a background / foundational learning in mechanics. I would not recommend anyone take online courses for mechanic.. Imagine going to a mechanic that got his degree online.. horrible.

I do mechanics as a hobby and you never stop learning something new. Not only that, just working on 10-12 cars alone you already acquire so many tools. You ever see a mechanics garage? Dudes have like a plethora of tools and never stop acquiring more.. Thats because there's just so many things in mechanics that you learn and things that help make it easier, but since cars vary so much in their design and layout, you need a buncha sht just to be efficient.

These days the barrier to entry in Mechanics in America isnt as easy everywhere.. most places want legit certifications , and they want you to bring all your own tools. With certain shops you need very specific type of certifications to work on certain types of cars, such as BMWs for example

Last edited:

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
I would not recommend anyone take online courses for mechanic.. Imagine going to a mechanic that got his degree online.. horrible.
A few years ago I was changing oil and parts replacement in my own car and family's car, started studying to have the fundamentals, went to interviews with only that, they offered me two jobs at $20/h in Honda and a Private one, they called me for an interview in Mercedes, told me they were gonna train me but it was gonna take time to get the master cert, I didn't have formal training, or didn't even finished my degree online, for me it was that easy.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
A few years ago I was changing oil and parts replacement in my own car and family's car, started studying to have the fundamentals, went to interviews with only that, they offered me two jobs at $20/h in Honda and a Private one, they called me for an interview in Mercedes, told me they were gonna train me but it was gonna take time to get the master cert, I didn't have formal training, or didn't even finished my degree online, for me it was that easy.
That's wild. Did you end up taking that? I woulda took it in a heartbeat- If not, what do you do now?

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
That's wild. Did you end up taking that? I woulda took it in a heartbeat- If not, what do you do now?
It also has to do with the job market, nobody wants to work anymore. I was very close to take it cause I wanna have my own shop in tje future.

I ended up taking an Engineer position for a huge logistics company, where they process Retail and E-com orders that was paying way more, while doing the mechanics on the side from time to time.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
It also has to do with the job market, nobody wants to work anymore. I was very close to take it cause I wanna have my own shop in tje future.

I ended up taking an Engineer position for a huge logistics company, where they process Retail and E-com orders that was paying way more, while doing the mechanics on the side from time to time.
Nice. That sounds interesting. I think that's a good passion to still have. I'd love to have a mechanic shop as well but nowadays I think having a body/customs shop would be a bit cooler especially since alot of people want to get their cars wrapped these days and stuff customized.

A bigger passion of mine would be to open up a restaurant.. Like one of my dreams. Prob like a restaurant / lounge where people can come to eat but after dinner hours they can party lol

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
These days $20 an hour is basically like minimum wage effectively.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but you know they were gonna train me, putting me with one master mechanic to train me. That was $20 plus full benefits, not that bad if you ask me.
$20 isn't so bad especially if it came with quality training. Hell, I worked for $9.75 an hour just five years ago in college at an auto auction doing all kinds of projects. And that's in New York state. Everything from paving stone and oil parking lots to interacting with dealers. The people I worked for were extremely intelligent, learned just as much about business and work ethic from them as anyone I've worked with in finance as a CPA.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah but you know they were gonna train me, putting me with one master mechanic to train me. That was $20 plus full benefits, not that bad if you ask me.
I couldn't even imagine working for $40 an hour now let alone $20.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something you can get into pretty quickly that potentially can be well is truck driving.