Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree. My ex used to live at one of the MAA apartments in uptown and the women there were all top notch, college age, trust fund types.
Was that prior to the mid-2010s when Uptown went downhill?

There are many apartment complexes in Dallas that cater to the top notch looking, under 30, trust fund types.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was that prior to the mid-2010s when Uptown went downhill?

There are many apartment complexes in Dallas that cater to the top notch looking, under 30, trust fund types.
Like 2 years ago.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex used to live at one of the MAA apartments in uptown and the women there were all top notch, college age, trust fund types.
Like 2 years ago.
Uptown is a neighborhood in transition and it is headed in the wrong direction. I won't go near Uptown at night anymore. When you look at the stories below, those sorts of stories were never written before 2015-2016. I don't think Uptown during the day is too bad lately. It's not as bad as South Dallas neighborhoods or a few of the really rough spots north of Downtown.

Apparently, it hasn't deterred some of the top notch, under 30, trust fund types but I think that could change soon.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first arrived in Dallas in the early 2010s, Uptown was one of the hottest nightlife areas. In the early to mid 2010s, Uptown was where the yuppie/bougie bars were. That's were the White women with bachelor's degrees or higher would congregate. There was only one pure nightclub in the Uptown area in the early to mid 2010s. It has long since closed. A number of the bars that were big in the early to mid 2010s have closed. Uptown's heyday was roughly 2004-2016. Starting in the mid to late 2010s, Uptown's nightlife started going downhill and lower quality people started frequenting Uptown's bars. Crime increased in the area. Uptown is now on the avoid list for a lot of the yuppie type crowd. However, there are still daygame opportunities in the Uptown area. Bougie type women still seem to live in Uptown.
What I said in July 2022 in this thread is still applicable. All I would add to that is that the housing available in Uptown (apartments and townhomes mainly) does not look trashy yet.

The changes in Uptown have been one of the biggest changes in Dallas in recent years, and probably the ones that most affect game.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a quote from the football thread below.

I probably need to mention the Dallas Cowboys and sports culture in the Dallas thread.
I'm not someone who watches much in the way of sports. I prefer my own exercise activities.

Spectator sports are a relevant part of the local culture in Dallas, but what I said is true of most US cities.

The Cowboys are number 1 in Dallas-Fort Worth. They are the only pro sports team in Dallas-Fort Worth that has a dedicated fan base regardless if the team is having a competitive or a non-competitive season. Plenty of people watch Cowboys games on Sundays between September-January. Dallas is so big that it doesn't matter too much though. I have done approach sessions in grocery stores, malls, outdoors, and in bookstores during Cowboy games and I don't think it impacted the women who were out in public during those hours.

I have never met a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader randomly while going about my social life. I've never met a Mavericks cheerleader either.

The Mavericks, Stars, and Rangers are only relevant when those teams are having winning seasons.

The Mavericks and Stars play at American Airlines Center, which is close to Downtown Dallas. For those who live in Dallas itself, that's more convenient than the Rangers or Cowboys, who have stadiums in Arlington. Arlington to closer to Fort Worth than Dallas. Traffic getting to Arlington can often be difficult, especially at rush hour on a weekday for a Rangers game. Traffic near the Cowboys stadium on game days stinks too.

There's a bar that's about a 5 minute walk from American Airlines Center. When the Mavericks or Stars have a home game, this bar draws in a decent crowd after the game. Additionally, the bar does well when there are concerts at American Airlines Center. Between the Mavericks, the Stars, and concerts, there are typically enough events for this bar to almost always do well. I've also seen it do well on nights with no events at American Airlines Center. I've been there to do pickup (all pre-pandemic). It's a solid place but can be pretentious as many places are in Dallas.

On the college sports scene, Texas Christian (TCU) and Southern Methodist (SMU) are the local teams. While there are local TCU and SMU alumni, they are a blip on the overall sports scene. Dallas-Fort Worth is very transplant heavy and draws in alumni from colleges across the US.

The biggest college sports event all year is the football game between University of Texas and University of Oklahoma. Dallas is about halfway between Austin (home of University of Texas) and Norman, Oklahoma, which is an Oklahoma City suburb and the home of University of Oklahoma. That neutral site football game on the 2nd Saturday of October has a way of clogging up the city. Parking gets much more difficult at bars and restaurants in the city on the Friday and Saturday night of that game. Nightlife is overcrowded and overhyped that weekend.

There are a few other sports things worth mentioning.

Dallas-Fort Worth hosts a middle tier PGA golf tournament every May. I went one year many years ago. I didn't see much in the way of pickup opportunities at it but it seems like a lot of men bring their girlfriends or wives to it. I went when the tournament was in Irving near a Four Seasons, when it was classy. For 2 years, it moved to a golf course in a more dangerous neighborhoood south of Dallas. I did not understand that decision. The last 2 years, it has been in a far north suburb of McKinney. When it was in Irving (1980s-late 2010s), it was closer to Dallas and even more convenient for Fort Worth people.

There's a minor league baseball team in Frisco. Frisco is a far north suburb of Dallas. It was nothing in the 1990s but has grown to about 200,000 in population today. The team is called the Frisco Rough Riders, and they've been around since the early 2000s. They are an affiliate of Texas Rangers. Tickets are cheap. After the game, the two non-chain breastaurants in DFW are very close to the stadium. One is across the street and while the other is maybe a 10-15 min walk. Both breastaurants have women with more revealing outfits than either Hooters or Twin Peaks. They are in G strings and you can see their butts, which doesn't happen at Hooters or Twin Peaks. I've been to the one across the street after a game. This is suburbia so the clientele of those 2 non-chain breastaurants is mostly suburban guys (guys in lame marriages and divorced guys). I'm guessing that a lot of female employees are the daughters of the suburban households in Plano, Frisco, etc. It can be fun to go to a Riders game with a male friend or two and then go to one of those non-chain breastaurants after the game. You probably won't pick up a breastaurant waitress there though.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're only 2 weeks away from the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Dallas! The Dallas St. Patrick's Day Parade and the associated parties are a big thing in Dallas and it occurs the Saturday prior to St. Patrick's Day. In most years in the 2010s, the parade attracted 90,000 - 100,000 people to a 2-3 mile strip of Greenville Avenue. It was cancelled in 2020 and 2021, but returned last year. The crowd was off a little bit last year but it was estimated that 75,000 people attended (last link).

I have videos below from 2018-2019 parades that show what the street parade is like.

In many US cities, St. Patrick's Day isn't that big of a deal. Dallas, despite not having historically strong Irish-American ties, makes St. Patrick's Day into a big deal. This was one thing that surprised me when I moved here because St. Patrick's Day celebrations were not a big deal in other cities where I lived previously. This parade has been going on since the late 1970s.

St. Patrick's Day along Greenville Avenue is generally a shiit show. Traffic is bad around that area that day, it's overcrowded, too many people are drunk, and I don't think people get laid. Also, the parade is mid-day.

The after parade parties at Lower Greenville Avenue bars (south of the parade route) can be good for socializing. There are house parties and apartment parties in the residential neighborhoods and apartment complexes near Greenville. There are not many good bars along the parade route of the St. Patrick's Day parade, but there are enough nearby. The bars/restaurants near the parade route tend to do well that day.

The best chance of getting laid due to the St. Patrick's Day events are at these private parties at homes/apartments off of Greenville.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True. If a guy wants to, he has to do a lot of social work to get to said parties during the day. Think of it like sales. Try to pick up on rumors of parties, make friends with guys, and have a couple lined up ready to go. Ideally, be one of the people who owns said party if you happen to live near it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True. If a guy wants to, he has to do a lot of social work to get to said parties during the day. Think of it like sales. Try to pick up on rumors of parties, make friends with guys, and have a couple lined up ready to go. Ideally, be one of the people who owns said party if you happen to live near it.
For the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day event in Dallas, those men living in homes or apartment near Greenville Avenue have an advantage. They can host their own parties or walk to other private parties. If a man doesn't live near Greenville Avenue, he's got worse logistics that day.

Greenville Avenue is not the epicenter of Dallas nightlife or partying the other 364 days of the year. There is a bar scene on one part of Greenville Avenue (called Lower Greenville). Lower Greenville (south of Mockingbird) is just sort of there. It's a decent scene but it was greatly overshadowed by Uptown from the mid-2000s to mid-2010s.

Upper Greenville (North of Mockingbird, South of Park Lane) changed a lot during the 1990s-2000s. Prior to 2000, it had a lot more nightlife. Between 2000-2010, a lot of the nightlife got converted into regular retail. There are some decent sit down restaurants in Upper Greenville. Upper Greenville isn't much for game, except for a few of the grocery stores around there.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15, what are your thoughts on Carrollton?

There’s a place called City Night KTV, which has a bar, dance floor, DJ, and karaoke rooms. It’s 18+ to get in and the crowd is relatively young. There’s a decent amount of North Dallas college students there. The male:female ratio was pretty good. And the music isn’t so loud as to prohibit talking to others. Fun place.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15, what are your thoughts on Carrollton?
In general, Carrollton is not known for anything in terms of nightlife venues and non-bar approaching.

Of the north of Dallas suburbs, Addison and Plano get more hype for having a singles scene. Both Addison and Plano nightlife scenes aren't as good as Dallas itself. Last summer, I was up in the Shops of Legacy area one evening and saw some daygame possibilities. There are a few nightlife venues also in Shops of Legacy and Legacy West.

The reasons why people move to places like Carrollton and Plano is for family-centric stuff, like the school districts. Plano is considered a nicer suburb than Carrollton.

3 Nations Brewery in Downtown Carrollton is a solid place to meet friends and they brew some solid beers there. 3 Nations even sells in cans in certain places in the Dallas area. I would recommend 3 Nations as a place to see some male friends but not for pickup.

There’s a place called City Night KTV, which has a bar, dance floor, DJ, and karaoke rooms. It’s 18+ to get in and the crowd is relatively young. There’s a decent amount of North Dallas college students there. The male:female ratio was pretty good. And the music isn’t so loud as to prohibit talking to others. Fun place.
I had not heard of City Night KTV until this thread. City Night KTV is located off of a freeway near 1970s-early 1980s style suburban houses. Across the freeway is a Walmart Supercenter and a Korean grocery store.

I might think with some of the Asian retail near it that it could be a place to pick up East Asian women. It is a karaoke type place, which is a bit of an Asian thing.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas is a rather mediocre mating environment. I wouldn't recommend moving here as a means of improving mating outcomes. However, this does not mean that it is not a good place to live when considering all lifestyle variables.
I referred back to this quote in another thread earlier today. When I think more about this quote, I think Dallas is better BYOGF (Bring Your Own Girlfriend) city. Due to Dallas' mediocre mating environment, moving to Dallas with an existing girlfriend will make life easier initially. The Dallas suburbs are great for those in existing relationships.

However, the BYOGF tactic does have a downfall. Eventually, the relationship with the existing girlfriend or wife will end. Then, a man will have to deal with Dallas' mating environment. It's better to postpone that as long as possible.

Dallas is a better city for being in an existing relationship as compared to New York City or Las Vegas, which is often better for earlier stages of relationships but not necessarily good for extended relationships.

I do believe a mediocre mating environment can be tolerated if other variables in life are working well.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I referred back to this quote in another thread earlier today. When I think more about this quote, I think Dallas is better BYOGF (Bring Your Own Girlfriend) city. Due to Dallas' mediocre mating environment, moving to Dallas with an existing girlfriend will make life easier initially. The Dallas suburbs are great for those in existing relationships.

However, the BYOGF tactic does have a downfall. Eventually, the relationship with the existing girlfriend or wife will end. Then, a man will have to deal with Dallas' mating environment. It's better to postpone that as long as possible.

Dallas is a better city for being in an existing relationship as compared to New York City or Las Vegas, which is often better for earlier stages of relationships but not necessarily good for extended relationships.

I do believe a mediocre mating environment can be tolerated if other variables in life are working well.
I think Dallas is good for getting girls. Really good actually. And if a guy is bringing his gf here, that means that gf can be swiped by a top guy here in Dallas, which Dallas has a good chunk of. The city still has a lot of concentration of wealth and high status men. We're not LA, but we have far more wealthy men which includes the middle class. This opens up a lot of avenues for men for getting women they want. Whereas in places like NYC or LA, good luck getting a woman if you're not a celebrity or politician.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if a guy is bringing his gf here, that means that gf can be swiped by a top guy here in Dallas, which Dallas has a good chunk of. The city still has a lot of concentration of wealth and high status men.
If a guy does BYOGF in Dallas, it is true that the girlfriend has the potential to get exposure to top guys in Dallas. Some women might enjoy that. It's easy for a woman to look at her options in Dallas if she's not having "all the feelz" in her current relationship. She will have many of them because there is a lot of male competition in Dallas. There's a surplus of men in Dallas. It's not as bad as some other cities, but it's still a problem. That's part of why Dallas overall is a mediocre mating market.

In the short term, BYOGF is better because it prevents a man from having to compete with other Dallas men for women. I think it's going to be easier for most men to BYOGF than start from scratch after moving here so long as the relationship is in decent shape. I have seen men BYOGF here and it's made their lives easier.

The longer one stays in Dallas, the less likely BYOGF will work due to the nature of breakups and divorces.

We're not LA, but we have far more wealthy men which includes the middle class. This opens up a lot of avenues for men for getting women they want. Whereas in places like NYC or LA, good luck getting a woman if you're not a celebrity or politician.
The male competition here is pretty tough. It does force you to be better if you want to compete.

Like any city, the worst experiences will occur if a man is primarily using tech-based methods of arranging dates.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s honestly not hard at all. I’ve been to so many random houses with parties at the St Paddy’s day parade in Dallas. Some just ask for a few bucks to cover the keg or margarita machines. People are very open to having people stop by. It’s a very unique time.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s honestly not hard at all. I’ve been to so many random houses with parties at the St Paddy’s day parade in Dallas. Some just ask for a few bucks to cover the keg or margarita machines. People are very open to having people stop by. It’s a very unique time.
Which area of Greenville is best to hang around during that time? I know the parade heads through starting from the north. Will people be concentrated more around Lower Greenville? Or is it a matter of just going through that street all day?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which area of Greenville is best to hang around during that time? I know the parade heads through starting from the north. Will people be concentrated more around Lower Greenville? Or is it a matter of just going through that street all day?
The parade route is along Greenville Avenue from Blackwell Street to SMU Boulevard.

The bars on Lower Greenville are actually a few miles south of the parade route.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Around Greenville and Velasco.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Around Greenville and Velasco.
The suggestion of Greenville and Velasco is a good one. Greenville & Velasco is 1.5 miles south of Greenville & SMU Blvd, around where the parade ends. The parade route is considered to go through Upper Greenville. I will discuss the differences between Upper and Lower Greenville.

Along Greenville, there are numerous bars between Vanderbilt and Ross. Velasco is located between Vanderbilt and Ross. That's considered the core of Lower Greenville. Lower Greenville is considered to extend as far north as Mockingbird. There are some places near Mockingbird, but they are considered more so sit down restaurants than bars, such as the Gloria's at Greenville & Penrose. No one would ever really go to that Gloria's location to do stranger approaching, but it would be possible to plan a 1st-2nd date at that particular Gloria's in the bar area.

In general, Lower Greenville (south of Mockingbird, extending to Ross) does tend to be more active than Upper Greenville (north of Mockingbird, extending to Park Lane). A lot of Upper Greenville's nightlife closed from the 1980s-2000s and either got re-purposed into retail or sit down restaurants. For instance, in the 1990s, there was a nightclub where an Office Depot now sits in Upper Greenville. There was also a nightclub where the Central Market grocery store is located. The Central Market opened in 2002, so the nightclub likely closed in the 1990s.

There are a lot of apartment complexes off of Upper Greenville. Some of them might have parties in them on St. Patrick's Day after the parade.

In Lower Greenville, most of the nearby housing is single family detached housing, as compared to the apartment complexes of Upper Greenville.

My sense is that most people focus on Lower Greenville once the parade ends rather than Upper Greenville based on the fact that Lower Greenville has more nightlife places.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I expect Lower Greenville to get the bulk of the audience. That place is already packed on weekends. It's going to be moreso during Saturday. I went to grab some images of past years: Looks exactly like the crowd I expect to show up.

1678289439836.png