Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

LTR - Not sure how to handle this issue.....

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Agree.

My take is @Free_Agent the reason you're having difficultly extricating yourself is because in all likelihood you're addicted to the sex. I have been there myself with one of my long term ex's.

It's a serious addiction and if you don't kick it, it has the potential to destroy you.

As stated almost ad nauseum, this girl is a liar. She enjoys all the trips and other perks you offer, as well as she enjoys the perks her ex offers her as they've taken a few trips together as well, fully funded by him.

My guess is she is playing him as well.

I have a very strong sense she is taking the upcoming trip with him.

I wouldn't even confront her about it, there is no reason to think she would be honest as she has lied to you previously.

Take whatever is left of your self-respect, wish her well and walk.

I really hope you do that. This entire thread saddens me to no end, how one woman has the power to affect a man's mental processes in such a profound way.

Good luck mate.
Simply seems like a classic case of the woman doing things she knows should cause a guy to break up with her and will start doing more and more until OP follows through.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah but she's been behaving this way for 2.5 years.

Eight months in, OP discovered she shared an intimate dinner with her EX and lied about it.

Then he discovered text messages, that she eventually deleted.

Two trips to tropical islands with the ex.

This trip with so called "gay friend" (another lie) is just one more clear indication that she's playing him, and most likely playing her ex as well.

Trips, gifts, come on, she doesn't want this to end, why would she?

And give up all the perks?

I dunno, you could be right, no one knows for certain but her, I just don't see it though.
Didn't read all the follow-up details to the first post...yeah it definitely sounds like more of what you are saying after knowing those details.

OP is the fool she can have comfort and safety with while doing whatever she wants on the side without any fear of repercussions.

It's now become what's expected for her and any attempt to reign things in on his side will likely be met with a breakup or her atcing very badly towards OP until she makes that happen or does it herself.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
@catsmeow2

Imagine your husband announcing he´s going on vacation with a friend. This friend just happens to be a hot 18 year old "lesbian" you have never met. Lol

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Laughing with ya not at ya. ;)
I know girl. Love ya.

"It's ludicrous that some people (not here) think this is acceptable behavior in a committed relationship." Femin@zis, self-proclaimed queens, and self proclaimed boss-girls; no doubt.

"got temp banned for two days" And they probably called you a "pick-me" or something like that.

Vero Della Rosa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Boys, in this scenario every woman gives an instant gut response, & we men have 3-page long hamsterwheel session about it - the women have the right play. Who's gonna learn from'em in that regard? What does our conscience, our gut tell us?

I'm not sayin it's easy - you're judged for your character, so when you draw hard lines you face contempt from women. But in times like this one you gotta look through that. It's not you. It's her. In this sorta thing it isn't us. It's her.

@Free_Agent: Be reasonable. Just lay out the boundary. If she disagrees & pushes again, then lay out the consequences firmly but chill:

Move 1: You really don't wanna live a lie to yourself and others. So if you feel like it's wrong, say it to her. "You being in a relationship and wanting to go to a party island, with or without a dude, isn't right. I'm not at all ok with it." Say it.

Move 2: If she contests, stay calm but face the challenge of it with a touch of grit and eye contact. Something like, "I won't be in a relationship like that. You're askin too much, & I'd never ask you to accept me doing what you wanna do right now."

You know you wanna say this. Do it.

That's all I got

Last edited:

Free_Agent

Don Juan
Reaction score
Boys, in this scenario every woman gives an instant gut response, & we men have 3-page long hamsterwheel session about it - the women have the right play. Who's gonna learn from'em in that regard? What does our conscience, our gut tell us?

I'm not sayin it's easy - you're judged for your character, so when you draw hard lines you face contempt from women. But in times like this one you gotta look through that. It's not you. It's her. In this sorta thing it isn't us. It's her.

@Free_Agent: Be reasonable. Just lay out the boundary. If she disagrees & pushes again, then lay out the consequences firmly but chill:

Move 1: You really don't wanna live a lie to yourself and others. So if you feel like it's wrong, say it to her. "You being in a relationship and wanting to go to a party island, with or without a dude, isn't right. I'm not at all ok with it." Say it.

Move 2: If she contests, stay calm but face the challenge of it with a touch of grit and eye contact. Something like, "I won't be in a relationship like that. You're askin too much, & I'd never ask you to accept me doing what you wanna do right now."

You know you wanna say this. Do it.

That's all I got

Thanks Vero and everyone.

Vero - I went about it pretty much as you laid out. We were having a few vodka sodas and we just chatting and talking about her situation with the ex and we got on the topic of this trip. I basically said "This trip is inappropriate and unacceptable and I'm not cool with it". I got all kinds of initial responses from her. I was expecting them and I just stood firm . She came back at me with responses I knew she would : "What I can't have friends and hang out with them?" and "He's gay!!" along with "Don't you trust me?".

After a while of chatting ( no fighting just open conversation ) she's like "Why don't you come?"

Not sure I'm feeling like I want to be the 3rd wheel. It just looks, and I'm sure will feel....pathetic.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Not sure I'm feeling like I want to be the 3rd wheel. It just looks, and I'm sure will feel....pathetic.
I think you have a good point there. Looks like she wants you between a rock and a hard place.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Vero and everyone.

Vero - I went about it pretty much as you laid out. We were having a few vodka sodas and we just chatting and talking about her situation with the ex and we got on the topic of this trip. I basically said "This trip is inappropriate and unacceptable and I'm not cool with it". I got all kinds of initial responses from her. I was expecting them and I just stood firm . She came back at me with responses I knew she would : "What I can't have friends and hang out with them?" and "He's gay!!" along with "Don't you trust me?".

After a while of chatting ( no fighting just open conversation ) she's like "Why don't you come?"

So what are you going to do next? I don't see where your conversation accomplished anything.

Free_Agent

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what are you going to do next? I don't see where your conversation accomplished anything.
I know. She is one stubborn and resistive woman. She thinks it's OK to take a trip like this. I'm the one that's being irrational and controlling. But I knew as well as pretty much everyone here that that tactic was going to be in play here.

So now she's saying that, even though I didn't outright tell her not to go, I am in fact, controlling her, by telling her that I'm not OK with it and never will be.

I mean what is most peoples thoughts/feelings towards their LTR/wife/serious GF going on girls, trips, solo trips, etc?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I mean, am I being unreasonable saying that I find it odd?
No. Girls think its ok to go on trips with another man or get a massage from Chad but they are not so cool when you turn the tables.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Quoting @catsmeow2 "I think she's bluffing about you going. She knows you won't.

But ya know what, tell her yeah that sounds great! When do we leave?!!

And then watch her scramble around finding excuses why you can't.
"

This is great stuff. Do it. Call her bluff. Pretend you are going with them.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean what is most peoples thoughts/feelings towards their LTR/wife/serious GF going on girls, trips, solo trips, etc?
Feelings are for women.

As i see it you already brought the topic to her.

If you are of any worth to the woman she will not go.

No point in wasting your time any longer. If she goes, she needs to be terminally gone for you!

No "if´s" and "but´s" and "please dont go´s".

Men do not negotiate with terrorists.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know. She is one stubborn and resistive woman. She thinks it's OK to take a trip like this. I'm the one that's being irrational and controlling. But I knew as well as pretty much everyone here that that tactic was going to be in play here.

So now she's saying that, even though I didn't outright tell her not to go, I am in fact, controlling her, by telling her that I'm not OK with it and never will be.

I always like to crack the door open and see how they react. Let them show you who they are, then you can decide if you want to keep them around or not.

A solid girl would not be going on a trip like this without their man. A solid girl would have asked her man from the start, not as a consolation offer after he put pressure on her.

This girl isn't good LTR material.

I don't think girls going on trips with their girlfriends is a bad deal at all either. But this isn't what this is.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quoting @catsmeow2 "I think she's bluffing about you going. She knows you won't.

But ya know what, tell her yeah that sounds great! When do we leave?!!

And then watch her scramble around finding excuses why you can't.
"

This is great stuff. Do it. Call her bluff. Pretend you are going with them.
Hilarious use of agree and amplify, I like it. That said I still think the trip isn't the real issue at hand. The interactions with the ex and seeds of doubt she's planted are. Forget letting her know about your feelings on the trip, just rip the bandaid off.

Vero Della Rosa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good on ya for saying what you thought. That's good. 100% @Stanley is right, though - I missed the part about the ex. Rip off the bandaid. The fact that you pushed that urge down when you found out what she was doing a long time ago fixed you on a downward trajectory.

Women instinctually get romance in ways guys don't - an exclusive, intense bond that cannot be broken. (uninterested in debates on this definition - there are nuances and contexts)

So with that context, the fact that they are so absolutely dead set on locking down a guy to be exclusive, when they do something shady and then he overlooks her directly cheating on him they know that a side of that man that demands respect isn't coming out. He isn't respectable, so they push and they flip that instinctual energy onto the guy: She dictates, she dominates, she lays the blueprint for how everything's goin down - and he sits there and submits and takes it.

Your energy isn't that. You're raw, powerful, dominant, and don't deal with bs. She needs to learn that doing things like that has consequences and what she's doing now has consequences.

Tell her her crime and the sentence! - Tell her what she did wrong, and break up with her. Refuse her framing decisions, values, etc. She's cheated on you and now expects you to be cool with going to a party island with a dude.

This sucks to say, but she's sucked in by the flights, and everything else you're doin for her. Rip it off. Do it.

p.s. if that ticket is coming out of your pocket... cancel the flight. "You aren't paying for anything." If so, do it before you talk to her.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
As a woman, I agree with a lot of this^ and the sad part is @Free_Agent you could have had this girl wanting to commit to YOU and only you had you played it differently, more in line with what's posted above (bolded specifically).

She accuses you of being controlling, but as it stands now, it appears SHE is the one controlling you (mentally and emotionally) and she knows it.

Because of that, her respect for you is gone or if not totally gone, very close to. No woman who respected her man would ever speak to him the way she spoke to you. This is done.

I'm sorry man.
The clues have been there all along and she has likely been giving him chances to help himself out but he likely kept blowing them and now he is at the point he is.

Free_Agent

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good on ya for saying what you thought. That's good. 100% @Stanley is right, though - I missed the part about the ex. Rip off the bandaid. The fact that you pushed that urge down when you found out what she was doing a long time ago fixed you on a downward trajectory.

Women instinctually get romance in ways guys don't - an exclusive, intense bond that cannot be broken. (uninterested in debates on this definition - there are nuances and contexts)

So with that context, the fact that they are so absolutely dead set on locking down a guy to be exclusive, when they do something shady and then he overlooks her directly cheating on him they know that a side of that man that demands respect isn't coming out. He isn't respectable, so they push and they flip that instinctual energy onto the guy: She dictates, she dominates, she lays the blueprint for how everything's goin down - and he sits there and submits and takes it.

Your energy isn't that. You're raw, powerful, dominant, and don't deal with bs. She needs to learn that doing things like that has consequences and what she's doing now has consequences.

Tell her her crime and the sentence! - Tell her what she did wrong, and break up with her. Refuse her framing decisions, values, etc. She's cheated on you and now expects you to be cool with going to a party island with a dude.

This sucks to say, but she's sucked in by the flights, and everything else you're doin for her. Rip it off. Do it.

p.s. if that ticket is coming out of your pocket... cancel the flight. "You aren't paying for anything." If so, do it before you talk to her.
As a woman, I agree with a lot of this^ and the sad part is @Free_Agent you could have had this girl wanting to commit to YOU and only you had you played it differently, more in line with what's posted above (bolded specifically).

She accuses you of being controlling, but as it stands now, it appears SHE is the one controlling you (mentally and emotionally) and she knows it.

Because of that, her respect for you is gone or if not totally gone, very close to. No woman who respected her man would ever speak to him the way she spoke to you. This is done.

I'm sorry man.
Yes, I ****ed up massively. I hadn't found RP until I started seeing things that my gut was telling me wasn't normal behavior. Found some sub reddits and other places and began to learn about red flags.

5 months into the relatiohship she was telling me I'm the guy she was gonna marry. A month later the NEXT day after we come home from a 5 day trip to Cabo she's lying to me and going out with the ex.

I was naive and ignorant. I was out of the dating scene for nearly 20 years and my ex-wife was actually an excellent woman so I had no exposure to what seems to be the current wasteland of women and OLD

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had no exposure to what seems to be the current wasteland of women and OLD
Your perspective intrigues me. I never married and my LTRs have been far shorter than yours. In the past 20+ years, I've gotten more exposure to the toxicity than most. I am also an early Millennial, and the Millennial generation has been a disaster in the mating environment. One could make the argument that things were declining with Gen X. A lot of the infamous pickup artists/Manosphere people (Rollo Tomassi, Rich Cooper, Roosh, Heartiste, Mystery, Neil Strauss, etc.) are all Gen X'ers.