Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

Steno

Don Juan
Reaction score
On another note, I was on a date yesterday in the Lower Greenville area and there was a ****load of women going into the place I was in. I was at a restaurant that in the back has like an outdoor and roof bar area, I was getting so distracted at all the women I saw coming in :rofl:. If Greenville wasn't so far from me I would try going there. They were in large groups though, like 5-6 minimum a few of them had guys in them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On another note, I was on a date yesterday in the Lower Greenville area and there was a ****load of women going into the place I was in. I was at a restaurant that in the back has like an outdoor and roof bar area, I was getting so distracted at all the women I saw coming in :rofl:. If Greenville wasn't so far from me I would try going there. They were in large groups though, like 5-6 minimum a few of them had guys in them.
Was it a good first date? I think you were at HG Sply. I've hosted first dates there. Some good ones too.

HG Sply is good for approaching at certain times too.

I frequent Barnes & Noble often since I am a book worm but its always empty and I have yet to see an attractive woman shopping there, there are 2 locations that I go to and both suck.
I have been to 2 Barnes & Noble locations in the Dallas area on multiple occasions. I've never seen a viable approach at Barnes and Noble. Maybe we've gone to the same 2 B&N locations.

I went today (Sunday) from like 12pm-3pm to 4 different stores (2 walmarts and 2 targets) and there was only 1 approachable woman in that whole time span. It sucks that on weekends girls are always out with someone, and those are the days that I have the most time to wander around. Last Tuesday and Thursday I had to stop at Walmart to pick up a few quick groceries, I went around 9ish to 10am both days and there was at least 4 attractive women shopping alone each day, and mind you I was only there for 10 minutes max since I was genuinely shopping and not trying to approach women.
When I have been to Walmart, I've never actually tried to do approaches there. I've done approaches in many other supermarket chains in the Dallas area. I haven't had the experience of women out with someone on weekends in grocery stores. I've always found women isolated on either Saturdays or Sundays.

The only place where theres always an absurd amount of women regardless of what time you go is Marshall or TJ Max but the women are always in the womens section and its awkward approaching women there imo. Whoever has the balls to do it please try it and tell us how it goes. Those are the only 2 stores near me that are always crowded and always FLOODED with women.
I've never tried an approach in either of those stores.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I have been to Walmart, I've never actually tried to do approaches there. I've done approaches in many other supermarket chains in the Dallas area. I haven't had the experience of women out with someone on weekends in grocery stores. I've always found women isolated on either Saturdays or Sundays.
I wonder if hitting up Walmart chicks while you're dressed sharp might be worth it.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Steno

Don Juan
Reaction score
Was it a good first date? I think you were at HG Sply. I've hosted first dates there. Some good ones too.

HG Sply is good for approaching at certain times too.
Yeah Its HG Sply Co, that is my go to place for 1st dates. I don't drink so I am very limited, I actually never stepped to the outdoor or rooftop area of the restaurant but most of the groups that walk in always go straight there. I try to keep my dates there early but on the few late ones I've had they raise the volume of the music up a lot so it gets hard to hear.

If you guys know any other place that serves food and is good for first dates please let me know, anything in Dallas or Greenville area since that is where I usually end up having to go for 1st dates.

EDIT- Yes my 1st dates there are always good, have never had a bad experience there. I don't drink but now that its super hot out they do serve these frozen drinks there, the girls always tell me they are really good.

Dang u have to PM me and share with me which Walmart it is u go to. Out of Walmart, Target and Kroger I feel like Kroger is by far the worst because its always older people there like 50+ crowd. If trader joes weren't so far from me I would check that out too.

I wonder if hitting up Walmart chicks while you're dressed sharp might be worth it.
I don't think thats a good idea, why would you even want to do that? Half the people that go shopping there are in their pjs, your going to stand out in a bad way.

I almost asked for this Office Max's girl's number today lol
The best buy near me has some employees that have me like o_O but im too much of a vag to try and hit on girls who are working.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was a nerdy latina with glasses, so she could've been either a complete homebody or an absolute bad girl lol. I'm getting my haircut Tuesday, so I'll go back next week and make a move.
If she's in her 20's she should be good to go. Young nerdy latina is a great little sub-niche.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Its HG Sply Co, that is my go to place for 1st dates. I don't drink so I am very limited, I actually never stepped to the outdoor or rooftop area of the restaurant but most of the groups that walk in always go straight there. I try to keep my dates there early but on the few late ones I've had they raise the volume of the music up a lot so it gets hard to hear.

If you guys know any other place that serves food and is good for first dates please let me know, anything in Dallas or Greenville area since that is where I usually end up having to go for 1st dates.

EDIT- Yes my 1st dates there are always good, have never had a bad experience there. I don't drink but now that its super hot out they do serve these frozen drinks there, the girls always tell me they are really good.
HG Sply is a good place for dates. It's been around for almost a decade. The rooftop is where you want to host your dates. Only do that on off nights. Sun-Thurs night. You can also multivenue from there too. One date I multivenued from HG Sply to Truck Yard.

I had one atrocious date indoors at the downstairs bar prior to the pandemic.

Why do you wonder that? I'm not commonly in Walmart. I might think that the biggest problem in most Walmart is a lack of attractive single women.

Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's would have more physically appealing women among the more recognizable brands. I have heard that picking up women at Whole Foods is sort of thing among PUAs.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Its HG Sply Co, that is my go to place for 1st dates.
HG Sply Company is more of a restaurant than a bar. Here's how to tell that -- HG Sply closes at 12 AM instead of 2 AM. A real bar closes at 2 AM.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the 75/Monticello area there is Henry's Majestic which is a good restaurant/bar to take dates to. The best thing was there is a speak easy bar called called Atwater Alley which is just down the alley that you can walk to. It is usually packed during peak hours, so better earlier in the night.

Javier's has a lounge that is pretty comfortable.

Its been a few years since I've been there but the Canvas Hotel used to have a decent rooftop bar/pool that has a great view of downtown at nite.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the 75/Monticello area there is Henry's Majestic which is a good restaurant/bar to take dates to. The best thing was there is a speak easy bar called called Atwater Alley which is just down the alley that you can walk to. It is usually packed during peak hours, so better earlier in the night.
Solid recommendation.

Javier's has a lounge that is pretty comfortable.
Javier’s is pricy. I don’t think I’d take a random woman from a swipe app there for a first date.

Its been a few years since I've been there but the Canvas Hotel used to have a decent rooftop bar/pool that has a great view of downtown at nite.
Never been. The apartment next to it was the scene of one of Dallas’ most infamous crimes. The Botham Jean murder. The nearby neighborhood is gentrifying but still a neighbor that can be perceived as scary. Mostly everything south of Interstate 30 in Dallas is either unsafe or questionable

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only place where theres always an absurd amount of women regardless of what time you go is Marshall or TJ Max but the women are always in the womens section and its awkward approaching women there imo. Whoever has the balls to do it please try it and tell us how it goes. Those are the only 2 stores near me that are always crowded and always FLOODED with women.
I have never tried to do approaches in a Marshall's or a TJ Maxx location in Dallas. That's an interesting observation. I can't see the allure of either of those stores for single women.

For the next 2 weeks I will go to Target and Walmart from Monday-Thursday at 10/11ish just to test and see if the pattern holds true or if it was a fluke, might pop in late after 8pm too just to scope it out.
It has been 4 weeks since you said that. Anything to report?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some people that claim there's some younger, single person scene around The Shops at Legacy and Legacy West in North Plano. I haven't believed it enough to check it out. Shops at Legacy had a reputation in the 2010s as a place where you could find bars with divorced 40 somethings usually with children in Grades 7-12 who had done the whole marriage and family thing in the suburbs.
I wrote this in April. In late June, I had the opportunity to go Legacy West and meet a male friend for dinner/drinks. Shops of Legacy and Legacy West are a faux urban experience with a lot of shops/restaurants/bars in a walkable area with a big parking garage. I got there a bit early and walked around for about 15-20 minutes to observe the scene. It was possible to do approaches while walking between shops and restaurants. I saw some gals in short shorts and high heels walking the area, in the parking garage, and at the bars/restaurants where I went.

There's not much of a point for me to regularly game this area. I follow what @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 has mentioned as a way to select a place to live for logistics, which is living closer to the downtown area of the central city of the metro area. Shops at Legacy/Legacy West in North Plano are ~20 miles north of Downtown Dallas. While it might be possible to make something happened if you're around Shops of Legacy/Legacy West, the better play is to live closer to Downtown Dallas.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only cities I have to compare to Dallas are Atlanta and Nashville in regards to the south.
A lot of people like to compare Dallas to Nashville and Atlanta.

I think the better out of state comparisons are Los Angeles and Phoenix. Dallas' pretentiousness and superficiality can be more reminiscent of those cities. When I went to Nashville, I never felt it was like Dallas. I only spent about a week in Nashville whereas I have lived in Dallas for over a decade. I'm not the best person to compare the cities.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Atlanta and Nashville are not a comparison with Dallas. Last cities I would think when it comes to it. I would sort of call it LA, but a much better version of it cause we're not in california.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would sort of call it LA, but a much better version of it cause we're not in california.
California has gone way downhill since the 1980s/1990s. That's why there's a California exodus going on.

Dallas has better corporate employment than Phoenix, which affects the quality of people in the area too.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We just have to keep the homeless and hobos down and out.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We just have to keep the homeless and hobos down and out.
I don't spend a lot of time in Downtown Dallas and Deep Ellum. Deep Ellum gives me the creeps even though it's not as ghetto as the South Dallas south of Interstate 30. The 7/11 in Deep Ellum has some real creepy looking people around its parking lot.

Vickery Meadow is another bad neighborhood, though there are worse ones. Vickery Meadow is probably the crappiest neighborhood north of Downtown. Vickery Meadow isn't relevant from a night game perspective because there are not bars there but it's not a place to daygame at all.

Dallas' homeless and hobo problem isn't nearly as bad as Los Angeles', San Francisco's, or San Diego's. The Los Angeles area has had hobo problems for a long time, but it keeps getting worse.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a few months since this thread was updated.

Now is a good time to discuss the winter months in Dallas.

It is true that Dallas is in Southern US. It has a less drastic winter than the Northern US states. However, Dallas isn't Florida. It's further north than most of the populated areas of Florida. Therefore, Dallas has some cold weather incidents in the winter months.

A typical November day in Dallas is between 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit.December and January typical days run between 55-60 degrees and February gets back up into the 60-65 range. March is when temperatures get to the low 70s. During November-February, you won't need a jacket during the day time hours. You might need to layer. When going out at night, you might need a coat, but the next text block will go into some more detail on that

Dallas isn't New York City, Philadelphia, or Washington DC. Most venues in Dallas will not have a coat check. It can be inconvenient to carry around a coat to a venue. Some choose to underdress a bit when going out at night in these months unless it's bitterly cold and there's no choice.

In December-January, it's possible to have a 70-75 degree day in Dallas. Those days are amazing. It's also possible for it to be snowing or there's an ice storm. Outdoor daygame can be a bit unpredictable in these months.

In the last 6 months, indoor venues are seeing less masking. Indoor, non-bar approaching is starting to become viable again after 2 years where masking essentially killed approaching in grocery stores, malls, and bookstores. People are still slowly coming out of their pandemic shells on this. Outdoor daygaming was the most viable game form from March 2020 - Summer 2022, and still has a good place in the gaming mix.

Along the same lines as outdoor daygame being unpredictable from November - February, outdoor activity dates are also quite unpredictable during those months. A man needs to closely watch weather or not even bother with outdoor activity dates in those months.

Some people like that Dallas has an actual winter, unlike Southern Florida metro areas, Southern Arizona metro areas, or Southern California metro areas. Southern Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson) can be cold at night in the winters, just like Dallas.

March - May are good weather months in Dallas, and the September 15-November 15 is usually decent. There's a reason the Texas State Fair is held in Dallas from the last weekend in September through the 3rd weekend of October. That's one of the 2 best times of the year outdoors in Dallas.