Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating a Nightshift Nurse

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have experience? I'd like to hear your thoughts, pros/cons, etc.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are we talking florence nightingale syndrome? Is the nurse caring for you or is this just a chick who works as one?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he means Night shift nurses.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Night shift nurse. She approached me at a local bar and offered her number. So far it's been weird since she sleeps during the day so contact has been very minimal. Just wondering if it's worth pursuing.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fack go for it.... Just get clear on her hours and when she is sleeping. Since she was at the bar there IS some time in the evenings available.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends which specialty....

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have not dated a night shift nurse. If you're a regular day shift, white collar office worker, I can imagine that it would be challenging to line up schedules with a night shift nurse.

Nurses are FWB only. It is a single woman / single mother profession. Do not get serious with a nurse.
My cousin was married to a nurse who likely monkey branched him. They had 2 kids together and our family strongly suspects that she was having an affair with a doctor at the hospital. She was late 30s and a mom of 2 kids. The divorce was filed for about 6 months before the pandemic started and she's already introduced the kids to a new man, which might be a hospital doctor or some other dude.

I guess my cousin is an example of "Do not get serious with a nurse".

Prior to ~1990, nurses used to have a good reputation of being a paragon of femininity.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have not dated a night shift nurse. If you're a regular day shift, white collar office worker, I can imagine that it would be challenging to line up schedules with a night shift nurse.
Not only that, many of them have this weird thing where they work 3 or so 12-hour shifts in a row, and then take 3 or so days off and revert back to a daytime waking schedule. And their work hours are a little random to begin with

So yeah, logistical issues for sure...

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not only that, many of them have this weird thing where they work 3 or so 12-hour shifts in a row, and then take 3 or so days off and revert back to a daytime waking schedule. And their work hours are a little random to begin with

So yeah, logistical issues for sure...
Yea that's what she's on. I dont know how that works physically or mentally but I imagine it can be taxing.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dated (& dating) day/swing nurses. It was/is fine. But not sure about night. Then again, I’m in health care, so there’s that.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My neighbor is a single mother ICU nurse working nights lately. So yeah, there is isolation and off-balanced sleep schedules for her. She got a dog and a cat and the kid or kids don't live with her. I spent nearly all of my 20's working wacked schedules in a factory, in law enforcement and then in the military so I understand the efforts and energy needed for that lifestyle. She comes off as a female going her own way though.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Jay,
A Nurses job is very unsociable and they have problems finding partners....The Married ones resent the night shifts and it is the Single Girls who have to sacrifice their Social lives....This of course represents a Godsend to the Plate spinner...Though it can be rather tiring as you jump out of one bed and into another...Hank is right as being both anatomically savvy and usually fit they make excellent partners.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work nights at Amazon in a sortation hub. It's one of my days off and here I am
at 05.15 local time, wide awake but preparing to go to sleep in the next hour or so
until usually about 1pm. These are the same hours I keep when I'm working, it's
easier to stay in "night mode" even on time off so as to not disrupt ones body clock
and natural sleep/wake rhythm too much. A lot of my colleagues do the same.
It's only really a pain in the butt when I have things I need to do inside of office hours.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff. Well we're doing the little song and dance right now with texting, trying to set something up. My schedule is the complete opposite of hers so communication has been very minimal. Typically by now I'd know a girl a bit better and the date would already be set. But we'll see I suppose.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The contributions made so far on the subject are all very interesting and valid, but i wish to present a slightly different angle.

Night shift nurses in committed relationships have the perfect cover for nefarious activities, if they wish to misbehave. Back in my mid 20s l for about 6months I was fvcking a nurse who was stuck in an unhappy relationship. She was engaged to her boyfriend of 4years but was unhappy and looking for a way out. She used to take leave from work but not tell her fiancee. So on those leave dates she’d put on her uniform as normal, jump into her car as if she’s going to work but come over to my place instead. She would spend the whole night in my bed and set her alarm for 7am, when she’d wake up and go home, as if she’s coming from work. Being a young guy, I used to get a buzz from fvcking a real nurse in a real nurse’s uniform.

If you date a nurse or any professional who works night shifts, be prepared for the above-mentioned possibility.

Thank you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The contributions made so far on the subject are all very interesting and valid, but i wish to present a slightly different angle.

Night shift nurses in committed relationships have the perfect cover for nefarious activities, if they wish to misbehave. Back in my mid 20s l for about 6months I was fvcking a nurse who was stuck in an unhappy relationship. She was engaged to her boyfriend of 4years but was unhappy and looking for a way out. She used to take leave from work but not tell her fiancee. So on those leave dates she’d put on her uniform as normal, jump into her car as if she’s going to work but come over to my place instead. She would spend the whole night in my bed and set her alarm for 7am, when she’d wake up and go home, as if she’s coming from work. Being a young guy, I used to get a buzz from fvcking a real nurse in a real nurse’s uniform.

If you date a nurse or any professional who works night shifts, be prepared for the above-mentioned possibility.

Thank you.
Women are usually better at having affairs than men are. Don't let that comment derail this thread.

I have not met too many night shift nurses. I recall meeting one once on a day where I took a half day from work and went to a 4 PM or 5 PM fitness class. Other than that, I can't recall any meeting of night shift nurses.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thank you.
Seems like the consensus is to not take this woman serious. And I'm good with that. She seemed like the party type when I met her so that helps keep things in perspective.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends which specialty....

There would not be nurses in a lot of those fields. I think this is more applicable for female doctors. In general, I recommend staying away from women with masters level degrees or higher. If you want a good girlfriend, in most cases you want a woman with a bachelor's degree or less. Her BA/BS degree should be a state university and some not elitist school.