What do you think was wrong with this PUA's pickup attempt?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Approaching a group of 4.

His opener was weak as well. Ideally, in day game, you want to approach women who are solo. I could argue that approaching 2 women together is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Hovering indecisively and thereby looking like a creep.
2) I want to meet "one" of you. No specificity. "I'll take any bone you throw me".
3) Set of 4, odds are low. Their resistance will be high in a group of 4.

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
-Validated them immediately by calling them beautiful (devalued himself)
-came on too strong for the environment(it’s a mall not a night club)
-as Atom said above, be decisive and pick one.
-Even better, entertain them all and have them compete for him.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He was indecisive, probably said something beta or creepy I can tell even tho I don't understand Portuguese.. Also, never approach a group of young girls because most of them are shallow and even tho some would like you, they will try to humiliate you in front of their friends to come of as cool and to build up their fragile egos. Only approach a group of milfs in the bar/mall because chances are they all will be dtf and horny as fvck I guarantee you that.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can’t the tell the guy’s age, but by the sound of his voice, maybe he was too old to approach that group?
That could be the case. Those girls look like they are probably 16 to 18 yrs old.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The better question would have been "What did he do right?" And the answer would have been nothing.
He apporached in person, which takes guts. This happened in 2011, and there was more in person approaching going in 2011 as compared to 2018-2019. In-person approaching became more of a fading art as the 2010s progressed. Lots of guys are swipe monkeys now. In 2011, it is good this guy was approaching in person rather than spam emailing on OkCupid, PlentyofFish, or Badoo (which I think was big in some intl markets back then). Tinder didn't launch until 2012.

Only approach a group of milfs in the bar/mall because chances are they all will be dtf and horny as fvck I guarantee you that.
Yes, you would have better odds approaching a group of 35-44 year old women as compared to a group of 18-23 year old women. I still don't recommend groups of 3+ for a guy doing his thing solo of any age group.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me of a guy that went up to a woman and said he was doing a survey on beautiful women. Then he asked if she'd seen any around.

Mainly, he got it wrong by saying "I'd like to know one of you" and holding up one finger. They probably thought he was insulting them by saying that only one of them was attractive. Plus, how was he expecting them to respond to that? Was he expecting one of them to step forward and offer herself up to him in front of her friends? The only place you can say stuff like that and for it to work is at a brothel or a nightclub full of hookers.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the worst openers/introductions I've ever seen.

I want to meet one of you? Terrible. Did he expect the girls to ask him "Oh, which one of us?"

I have opened many times in groups as large as 10 and I always went in with a specific girl I was interested in.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The better question would have been "What did he do right?" And the answer would have been nothing.
lol. The only thing he did do right was at least opening up but other than that, he tanked.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the worst openers/introductions I've ever seen.

I want to meet one of you? Terrible. Did he expect the girls to ask him "Oh, which one of us?"

I have opened many times in groups as large as 10 and I always went in with a specific girl I was interested in.
But I had thought it was canonical game to make chicks compete for you; by saying he was only interested in meeting one, wasn't he making them compete?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I had thought it was canonical game to make chicks compete for you; by saying he was only interested in meeting one, wasn't he making them compete?
Why would they compete for some random guy that just walked up? He didn't even get past hello.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would they compete for some random guy that just walked up? He didn't even get past hello.
Any cold approacher is "some random guy that just walked up". Is it unreasonable for someone doing cold approach to try to get them to compete over him?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, they did not look interested at all.
You could feel him slinking away with his tail between his legs by the camera.