Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think was wrong with this PUA's pickup attempt?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only other comment I would add is calling a group of young women “beautiful” at the opening screams “old guy.” Young guys don’t open with something like that.
As an old guy, I resent that. What do young guys open with, " 'Sup. "?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
As an old guy, I resent that. What do young guys open with, " 'Sup. "?
I’m old too, but his approach is not something I would suggest.

As we discussed in other threads, MOST younger women (even average looking ones) are considered good looking to older guys just because they are younger.

Young guys are typically tougher at appraising women’s looks because their entire peer group consists of young women. So they are less likely to be “in awe” of a group of young women and call them “beautiful.”

Calling them beautiful at the open is almost like, how can I say, kissing her hand. It might work on some mature lady, but it’s super creepy (in this context) to say to younger women unless he’s George Clooney.

If he must approach, maybe go indirect instead. Make some off-hand situational comment and try to forget about their looks while he’s talking.

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Female entitlement in 2020.

Direct is stupid imho especially given the modern era of Oprah, operation evil, girl power, and the culture telling women their **** don't stink.

Indirect has always had better success rate than direct. The London model is key especially in the group setting but why ostracise the entire group going direct?

Imagine that you approach a girl with her parents? Would you be esculating hard in front of the mom and dad? Something that you see Tusk do is tell the girls that "i know this is unusual but..." follower by the pickup stack. As in, i acknowledge the scenario and situation is odd. It demonstrates social equity. Even then, some women are still a ****.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m old too, but his approach is not something I would suggest.

As we discussed in other threads, MOST younger women (even average looking ones) are considered good looking to older guys just because they are younger.

Young guys are typically tougher at appraising women’s looks because their entire peer group consists of young women. So they are less likely to be “in awe” of a group of young women and call them “beautiful.”

Calling them beautiful at the open is almost like, how can I say, kissing her hand. It might work on some mature lady, but it’s super creepy (in this context) to say to younger women unless he’s George Clooney.

If he must approach, maybe go indirect instead. Make some off-hand situational comment and try to forget about their looks while he’s talking.
Checkout Kevin Samuel's podcasts. A obnoxious amount of 50+ fellas with hot young girls early 20s.

I caution you with deeming yourself as old. I get it. Mike mate, most of my childhood friends are playing house. They are married. Some got kids. Being in the club like a teenager is absurd but my d won't suck it self. Its quarantine atm. Many places on lockdowns even. If things were open, I'd be swinging my hammer in bars and clubs. It's just time consuming and the ROI is piss poor regardless of clapping cheeks.

I fully agree with you on indirect.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only other comment I would add is calling a group of young women “beautiful” at the opening screams “old guy.” Young guys don’t open with something like that.
I'm 37 and I've never opened with something like that. I also act younger than my age, likely due to being never married, childless, and having mostly younger friends during the past decade.

All accurate. When you're 18-27, and everyone around you is that age, your vision of the world tends to get skewed.

I would never use the beautiful line or hand kissing on anyone below 40 and probably even older than that. Then again, at 37 right now, I'm focused on women younger than I am, so I'm not approaching 40+ women.

Checkout Kevin Samuel's podcasts. A obnoxious amount of 50+ fellas with hot young girls early 20s.

I caution you with deeming yourself as old. I get it. Mike mate, most of my childhood friends are playing house. They are married. Some got kids. Being in the club like a teenager is absurd but my d won't suck it self. Its quarantine atm. Many places on lockdowns even. If things were open, I'd be swinging my hammer in bars and clubs. It's just time consuming and the ROI is piss poor regardless of clapping cheeks.

I fully agree with you on indirect.
A man in his 30s will know a lot of married men/house playing men. I do. Some of them are my friends. In my immediate geography, I'm the only guy in my social circle that isn't in a relationship that is at least 5+ years at this point. Since about 2013, when I wasn't in relationships, I was doing pickup alone, mostly in day game, where being a solo pickup artist isn't as abnormal as doing bar/club approaching alone.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any cold approacher is "some random guy that just walked up". Is it unreasonable for someone doing cold approach to try to get them to compete over him?
Yes, but if you want women to compete for you then you have to get them interested first. The first thing out of his mouth sounded like an insult.

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
lmao no answer and then he just walks off. lol i agree he took to long then he said ''one of you''
sounds like an old guy lmao

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fine need to watch the video later with sound to toss anything, but based on what was writen, plus it being a cultural thing, you can't be that forward here depending on the city, if was some big city like são paulo or rio de janeiro you can but in other that won't fly that well, unless you are really good looking or is rich, and serious having a car here in some instances are enough to pull woman

I said this before but you need to calibrate what you read here for your culture, things like being direct works, but you need to isolate the girl and will depend on the venue, inside a shopping mall it will never work, even less with her friends around

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
fine need to watch the video later with sound to toss anything, but based on what was writen, plus it being a cultural thing, you can't be that forward here depending on the city, if was some big city like são paulo or rio de janeiro you can but in other that won't fly that well, unless you are really good looking or is rich, and serious having a car here in some instances are enough to pull woman

I said this before but you need to calibrate what you read here for your culture, things like being direct works, but you need to isolate the girl and will depend on the venue, inside a shopping mall it will never work, even less with her friends around
but it sounded like he had no game whatsoever so another mistake was approaching 4 '''beautiful'' women lmao gotta crawl befor you walk and walk before you run

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that even though his opener was bad, if the girls had liked him they wouldn't have reacted like that. I've had experiences where I couldn't think of anything to say and just asked for a number and the girl gave it to me because she liked me, even though I wasn't the slightest bit smooth. You shouldn't always think that you did something wrong if you get blown out. Maybe these girl would not have been interested no matter what he said. At least he approached, which takes balls, and with practice he'll get better.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once had an in-depth conversation with a woman, and she gave me a valuable insight into the mind of the insecure woman, which is most women.

She said most women do not like to be approached when they will be eating within the next like 10 minutes, because a lot of women are insecure about a man watching them eat, especially a potential new guy in their life, so the second you are approaching women who are prepared to eat, I think you give them anxiety and they lash out.

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
I once had an in-depth conversation with a woman, and she gave me a valuable insight into the mind of the insecure woman, which is most women.

She said most women do not like to be approached when they will be eating within the next like 10 minutes, because a lot of women are insecure about a man watching them eat, especially a potential new guy in their life, so the second you are approaching women who are prepared to eat, I think you give them anxiety and they lash out.
thats so silly

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those that want to open up on a "set" as they say or a group of Women you should....

1. Excuse yourself when going into a group of Women. For example "Hey excuse me, i don't mean to bother you girls but..."
  2. Have a particular girl in mind that you want. You will need to pull her from that group and as Women are naturally very competitive with each other, that girl will feel "above" her friends.
Just two basic things to keep in mind.

crosscheck1331

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have had a particular one in mind that I liked but if I had approached in his situation I would have tried to involved all the girls and give about the same attention to not make any of them feel left out. The friends can either make or break up when in groups like that. When he said something like he was looking to get with any of them - I don't like this and I can see where it came off as offensive. I'm not sure whether he had a plan - at least he was direct and did it but this is not a good template to follow. Typically I have had groups of girls start talking to me (one of the girls in the group and then I got involved) and that is how it worked out for me - what he did is difficult and you really have to be pretty outgoing and a good conversationalist to pull off successfully.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the thing that struck me as odd is that he approached this group of women and said he just wanted to meet one of them. That's just fvcking stupid. That comes off as I just want to get my d1ck wet and I don't care which of you it is. Even if there was one that might have been open to him, there is no way she is going to bite that line and run the risk of all her friends talking about how she has no self respect.

Second, waiting in a line at a fast food place is not a good environment to approach a group of women.

When you approach a woman... you are not trying to make anything happen, you are just gauging her interest... that's it. When you approach a GROUP of woman, you treat them like a collective entity and talk to them all... then you see which ones are open to you. You make small talk and see what happens. You can do this at a party, there isn't enough time to develop anything waiting in a line at McDonald's.

But hey... The old man here is going to tell you young guys how to do this...

Carry around a deck of cards... because you never know. I happen to be really good with card tricks and it's a great ice breaker.

Okay... I am going to violate the magician's code and tell you how to do ONE on my tricks... I haven't done this one in years and I think at my age this sort of way to meet women is beyond me, so onto the next generation...

Here is the trick: First you have to have a friend that is a reliable guy to go along with you on this. You put his cell phone number in your phone titled "The Wizard", or guru, or master... whatever the fvck you want... I used 'wizard' for years. Anyway, when you see a woman you want to approach, text him to make sure he's there and available. When you call him you say "Hello... may I speak to the wizard"... This is his signal to start the following: "Ace...... King..... Queen..... Jack...... 10..... 9..... etc When he gets to the card number you say "Good evening wizard... I have someone here that wants to challenge your powers." Then you buddy starts "Spades..... Clubs..... Hearts..... Diamonds....." When he gets to the right suit say "Thank you".... Then your buddy will tell you the suit and card number and then you say "yes" hand the phone to the person being tricked and your buddy will tell them the card. So now you know the trick... let me tell you how to use it.

You approach a group of women in line... concert, game, fast food place.... Start a little small talk first to see if they are open to talk to you, if they aren't leave them the fvck alone. But if they do then, and while you are waiting in line, you say "Do you want to see a card trick to kill time?" If things are going well they will say yes. And ask which one wants to do the trick, ask her name then once you have her name ALWAYS refer to her by her name..... Now you have to trust me on this... the chick that volunteers will be the one that is the most interested in you... 7 out of 10 times.

TELL Her to shuffle the deck If her name is Julie say "Julie, shuffle the deck"... (very important you tell her... do not ask). Tell her to give them back to you "Julie give me the cards."... then fan the cards in front of you. TELL HER to pick one and not show you "Julie, pick a card and don't show me". Then you guess.... you have a 1 in 52 chance to get this right... but odds are you will not. When you guess it wrong, TELL HER to show you the card "Julie, show me the card.". So then you say "There is just too much positive sexual energy around here (while looking at all the chicks in the group like you aren't quite sure where this energy is coming from)... and it is throwing me off... I'll need to get some help from 'The Wizard' to finish this trick."

Then you run the phone trick with your buddy, Once you have the card identified, you hand the phone to the chick. Then your buddy "the wizard" will tell her the card. If she hasn't seen this before she'll wonder how you did it. Then tell her, "Julie, since you already have my phone in you hand, punch in your number."

If she likes you and is available, she will give you her number... if not... ask if any of the other girls want to try. 9 time out of 10, the next girl who volunteers WILL BE INTERESTED. Then repeat. I've done this many times when a woman will just put in her number without me asking for it... or will remember my number when I handed her my phone and contact me later. The key is not to try and make anything happen on the spot, just call her later and try to make a date... then see what happens a couple of times when I called the chick would say "I'm really sorry, I should have told you, I have a BF.... but do you remember Kelly? She was with us, she liked you do you want her number?" Take it... call Kelly and go from there.

VERY IMPORTANT that you tell her to do things, and use her name... it subconsciously directs compliance and using her name builds trust.

Anyway... try it, let me know how it goes. In my younger days this worked really well, but I'm beyond doing stuff like this now. It's not BS PUA stuff, it's just being friendly and fun. I have to pass this kind of stuff down so it doesn't go to waste.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but it sounded like he had no game whatsoever so another mistake was approaching 4 '''beautiful'' women lmao gotta crawl befor you walk and walk before you run
yeah ok, he sounded creepy, without aim, and pretty much said he wanted to know if any of the girls would like him, its more he read something and is trying his luck

death_wish. .

Banned
Reaction score
yeah ok, he sounded creepy, without aim, and pretty much said he wanted to know if any of the girls would like him, its more he read something and is trying his luck
its almost as if he read a how to grow taller by stretching book and went straight for 4 inches in a day

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the thing that struck me as odd is that he approached this group of women and said he just wanted to meet one of them. That's just fvcking stupid. That comes off as I just want to get my d1ck wet and I don't care which of you it is. Even if there was one that might have been open to him, there is no way she is going to bite that line and run the risk of all her friends talking about how she has no self respect.

Second, waiting in a line at a fast food place is not a good environment to approach a group of women.

When you approach a woman... you are not trying to make anything happen, you are just gauging her interest... that's it. When you approach a GROUP of woman, you treat them like a collective entity and talk to them all... then you see which ones are open to you. You make small talk and see what happens. You can do this at a party, there isn't enough time to develop anything waiting in a line at McDonald's.

But hey... The old man here is going to tell you young guys how to do this...

Carry around a deck of cards... because you never know. I happen to be really good with card tricks and it's a great ice breaker.

Okay... I am going to violate the magician's code and tell you how to do ONE on my tricks... I haven't done this one in years and I think at my age this sort of way to meet women is beyond me, so onto the next generation...

Here is the trick: First you have to have a friend that is a reliable guy to go along with you on this. You put his cell phone number in your phone titled "The Wizard", or guru, or master... whatever the fvck you want... I used 'wizard' for years. Anyway, when you see a woman you want to approach, text him to make sure he's there and available. When you call him you say "Hello... may I speak to the wizard"... This is his signal to start the following: "Ace...... King..... Queen..... Jack...... 10..... 9..... etc When he gets to the card number you say "Good evening wizard... I have someone here that wants to challenge your powers." Then you buddy starts "Spades..... Clubs..... Hearts..... Diamonds....." When he gets to the right suit say "Thank you".... Then your buddy will tell you the suit and card number and then you say "yes" hand the phone to the person being tricked and your buddy will tell them the card. So now you know the trick... let me tell you how to use it.

You approach a group of women in line... concert, game, fast food place.... Start a little small talk first to see if they are open to talk to you, if they aren't leave them the fvck alone. But if they do then, and while you are waiting in line, you say "Do you want to see a card trick to kill time?" If things are going well they will say yes. And ask which one wants to do the trick, ask her name then once you have her name ALWAYS refer to her by her name..... Now you have to trust me on this... the chick that volunteers will be the one that is the most interested in you... 7 out of 10 times.

TELL Her to shuffle the deck If her name is Julie say "Julie, shuffle the deck"... (very important you tell her... do not ask). Tell her to give them back to you "Julie give me the cards."... then fan the cards in front of you. TELL HER to pick one and not show you "Julie, pick a card and don't show me". Then you guess.... you have a 1 in 52 chance to get this right... but odds are you will not. When you guess it wrong, TELL HER to show you the card "Julie, show me the card.". So then you say "There is just too much positive sexual energy around here (while looking at all the chicks in the group like you aren't quite sure where this energy is coming from)... and it is throwing me off... I'll need to get some help from 'The Wizard' to finish this trick."

Then you run the phone trick with your buddy, Once you have the card identified, you hand the phone to the chick. Then your buddy "the wizard" will tell her the card. If she hasn't seen this before she'll wonder how you did it. Then tell her, "Julie, since you already have my phone in you hand, punch in your number."

If she likes you and is available, she will give you her number... if not... ask if any of the other girls want to try. 9 time out of 10, the next girl who volunteers WILL BE INTERESTED. Then repeat. I've done this many times when a woman will just put in her number without me asking for it... or will remember my number when I handed her my phone and contact me later. The key is not to try and make anything happen on the spot, just call her later and try to make a date... then see what happens a couple of times when I called the chick would say "I'm really sorry, I should have told you, I have a BF.... but do you remember Kelly? She was with us, she liked you do you want her number?" Take it... call Kelly and go from there.

VERY IMPORTANT that you tell her to do things, and use her name... it subconsciously directs compliance and using her name builds trust.

Anyway... try it, let me know how it goes. In my younger days this worked really well, but I'm beyond doing stuff like this now. It's not BS PUA stuff, it's just being friendly and fun. I have to pass this kind of stuff down so it doesn't go to waste.
LOL, whenever I think of the term "wizard" in PU game, I think of a 30-year old virgin.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 37 and I've never opened with something like that. I also act younger than my age, likely due to being never married, childless, and having mostly younger friends during the past decade.

All accurate. When you're 18-27, and everyone around you is that age, your vision of the world tends to get skewed.

I would never use the beautiful line or hand kissing on anyone below 40 and probably even older than that. Then again, at 37 right now, I'm focused on women younger than I am, so I'm not approaching 40+ women.

A man in his 30s will know a lot of married men/house playing men. I do. Some of them are my friends. In my immediate geography, I'm the only guy in my social circle that isn't in a relationship that is at least 5+ years at this point. Since about 2013, when I wasn't in relationships, I was doing pickup alone, mostly in day game, where being a solo pickup artist isn't as abnormal as doing bar/club approaching alone.
I do like you. A lot of guys are younger than me. They got the vigor. Nowhere near the game but A for effort. The old rsdnation forums and inner circle was useful. Solo vaca or even a business trip or road trip. You can link up with wings globally. Lots of weird people. Not too different from tinder. Met one fella off the old mystery forums. I picked up in a club. The wing threw toilet paper at her and she freaked the **** out. Slapped the **** out of him. I pulled and dude raged. He said i blocked him and it wasn't cool.

The last experience from a lair or wing from a forum. School boy error.

We're in a similar place of mind. Most childhood friends are married. ****, the best playboy i knew on London has two kids and he still is swinging the hammer. The lad is a OG. 7day vaca and he will berate everyone after pulling a dozen on the week. This cheeky **** once showed up to the lobby bar with two airport vans full of girls. He was wearing sunglasses and a wwf wrestling belt. He had 7min in the club and he ****ed off with a stunner. The running joke was he pulled a off duty escort because of her location and residency.

Some of the best playboys i knew never learned pickup or game. This dude was short, ethnic, party boy, and could sell sand in a dessert.