"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Ways to keep improving yourself during the corona virus:

cola

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2,224
Reaction score
3,002
Location
Baltimore
Work - Out: Here gyms are closed, but that’s not going to stop me. I’ve borrowed some dumbbells from my friend and I intend on using them along with body weight exercises four days a week just like usual.

Read: Get your read on boys, let’s soak up this knowledge. I plan in reading The Alchemist and one other random book.

Learn some new recipes: With spare time and restaurants closed this would be a great time to step up your kitchen game and play with some new recipes to add to your rotation.

Meditate: Great time to learn meditate.

Spend some time with your favorite plate: if you have a girlfriend, wife or favorite plate you could always lock in with her and watch movies and have fun inside.

Post what you are going to do to improve yourself during the quarantine.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2016
Messages
432
Reaction score
337
Location
The City
I'm going to do lots of home workouts. Mainly calisthenics , then some boxing with my roommate.

Something I've never done before is invest in stocks. Perfect time to buy is when stock prices are low apparently. I'm sure this virus caused certain stock prices to temporarily go down so seems smart to invest now.

I've got a copy of a book called musashi I've been meaning to read for ages. It's pretty long so it'll keep me busy for a while.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,949
Here's the advantage of having a home gym. I have weights and other gym equipment at home, so this doesn't affect my workout routine at all.

One of my favorite quotes is from Ann Landers: "Boredom is the sign of a shallow mind". There is plenty to do around the house: Cleaning, maintenance, laundry, wax the car, yard work, reading, gaming, movies, web surfing, artistic pursuits, hobbies, build some furniture, there's practically no limit.
 

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Messages
368
Reaction score
279
I'm going to do lots of home workouts. Mainly calisthenics , then some boxing with my roommate.

Something I've never done before is invest in stocks. Perfect time to buy is when stock prices are low apparently. I'm sure this virus caused certain stock prices to temporarily go down so seems smart to invest now.

I've got a copy of a book called musashi I've been meaning to read for ages. It's pretty long so it'll keep me busy for a while.
DCA into them. We are now in a global recession for the foreseeable future. The macro impacts are substantial and it remains to be seen if the CB can just keep printing currency to solve the problem. Whole industries are disrupted ie. Airlines, Cruiselines, Tourism, etc. and we are at just the beginning of quarantine.

There will be a tragic domino effect on small business bankruptcies, mortgage defaults with accompanying huge spike in unemployment.


Musashi as in ‘The Book of Five Rings’?
 
Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,874
Reaction score
19,111
Work - Out: Here gyms are closed, but that’s not going to stop me. I’ve borrowed some dumbbells from my friend and I intend on using them along with body weight exercises four days a week just like usual.

Read: Get your read on boys, let’s soak up this knowledge. I plan in reading The Alchemist and one other random book.

Learn some new recipes: With spare time and restaurants closed this would be a great time to step up your kitchen game and play with some new recipes to add to your rotation.

Meditate: Great time to learn meditate.

Spend some time with your favorite plate: if you have a girlfriend, wife or favorite plate you could always lock in with her and watch movies and have fun inside.

Post what you are going to do to improve yourself during the quarantine.
The Alchemist is an amazing read...I have read it at least 7 times and everytime I learn something new...
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,415
Reaction score
7,934
Age
57
May have to read ‘The Alchemist’....

Calisthenics and stretching for workouts...

Chatting on phone and getting together one on one with friends (I did stock the wine cellar & liquor cabinet this week, lol)

Reading. Playing cards, organizing, clearing out clutter etc.

Catching up on work tasks that get pushed aside with travel...nesting.

There’s always something to do. Always.
 

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2016
Messages
432
Reaction score
337
Location
The City
DCA into them. We are now in a global recession for the foreseeable future. The macro impacts are substantial and it remains to be seen if the CB can just keep printing currency to solve the problem. Whole industries are disrupted ie. Airlines, Cruiselines, Tourism, etc. and we are at just the beginning of quarantine.

There will be a tragic domino effect on small business bankruptcies, mortgage defaults with accompanying huge spike in unemployment.


Musashi as in ‘The Book of Five Rings’?
No I've got the novel. It's basically a story about the life of legend samurai musashi, should be really good. I first heard about it on the Jocko Willink podcast.
 

xplt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
519
Reaction score
471
Focusing my workout on bodyweight and a little bit of cardio, reading (I've got the Alchimist at home, but never read it - perhaps I try it now), playing lots of guitar, developing my IT skills, working remote. Ah yes... some relaxing with series and movies, haven't done that in a long time.

Trying meditation as well.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 22, 2020
Messages
368
Reaction score
279
No I've got the novel. It's basically a story about the life of legend samurai musashi, should be really good. I first heard about it on the Jocko Willink podcast.
Thank you.

The Book of Fire Rings is a collection of his writings and an insight into his mind and way of thinking, Legendary man.

An excellent role model when walking the martial art path.
 
Top