Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Went to a meetup, asked a lady out, interesting response

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I went to a meetup and we all went bowling. There were two attractive ladies there, and it seemed like we were getting along pretty well. I messaged her on Meetup asking if she'd like to go grab some drinks and to a specific event. She replied back it sounds like fun. Do you mind if we invite Mike and Stacey? They are two other people from the group that I do not know. Met them once, but she works with one and the other guy I just met. I was just going reply I rather it just be just us instead of a double date, but no issue. Perhaps another time.

Is that the proper response?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't feel comfortable enough to be alone with you or she isnt interested. Hard to say which it is.

I'd reword what you were planning to say a little but the overall gist is fine.

"Not into double dates. Maybe some other time"

R

Ranger

I went to a meetup and we all went bowling. There were two attractive ladies there, and it seemed like we were getting along pretty well. I messaged her on Meetup asking if she'd like to go grab some drinks and to a specific event. She replied back it sounds like fun. Do you mind if we invite Mike and Stacey? They are two other people from the group that I do not know. Met them once, but she works with one and the other guy I just met. I was just going reply I rather it just be just us instead of a double date, but no issue. Perhaps another time.

Did you think she was being unreasonable?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
She doesn't feel comfortable enough to be alone with you or she isnt interested. Hard to say which it is.

I'd reword what you were planning to say a little but the overall gist is fine.

"Not into double dates. Maybe some other time"
Ok. I'll re-word something like that. Next meetup should be fun.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Fine by me. Just asking. Lol
I understand. Take a look from my point of view. I invited her, she wants to add two other people that I've met once. Messes with the vibe and changes the setting from intimate, or possibly intimate, to friendly social. Not what anyone on these forums would be aiming for. Just surprised she just didn't say no.

R

Ranger

I understand. Take a look from my point of view. I invited her, she wants to add two other people that I've met once. Messes with the vibe and changes the setting from intimate, or possibly intimate, to friendly social. Not what anyone on these forums would be aiming for. Just surprised she just didn't say no.
Yeah I get it. Was just thinking about it is all. This just feels like a swingers thing. I’ve run into it once before. Never mind.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
. She replied back it sounds like fun. Do you mind if we invite Mike and Stacey?

I was just going reply I rather it just be just us instead of a double date, but no issue. Perhaps another time.

1) Don’t say “double date” - she didn’t say your ask was a date
2) Dont say “no issue.” - she didn’t say it was an issue
3 Don’t say “perhaps another time.” - she didn’t decline.

Just say the first sentence. “I’d rather it would be us. Can you go?

Remember with women, FORCE them to make a decision and CLOSE the issue. They love living in the grey area.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Wait two weeks, no attention to her, no chit chat, repeat. Ask her to go grab some drinks though.

Hey, who was paying for sh1t at that event? Who were you paying for?

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems folks are always wanting to double date, I just have never seen it work well.
In my opinion, it's the two of you, or just be friends now. Just don't say the JBF part.. Maybe that's harsh, but by asking to go double she is already taking your frame.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to just say yes. I know that sounds un-alpha, but it's sort of like improv, they say something, you agree and see where it goes. Like someone else said, dominate the group.

Caveat: I moved abroad and am saying yes to everything in a new environment, so my paradigm has shifted.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
1) Don’t say “double date” - she didn’t say your ask was a date
2) Dont say “no issue.” - she didn’t say it was an issue
3 Don’t say “perhaps another time.” - she didn’t decline.

Just say the first sentence. “I’d rather it would be us. Can you go?

Remember with women, FORCE them to make a decision and CLOSE the issue. They love living in the grey area.

I used this and she came back "The event you want to do is more of a group activity for a few people. Maybe we can do something else?" I guess it's a positive sign. I didn't think it was, but okay.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used this and she came back "The event you want to do is more of a group activity for a few people. Maybe we can do something else?" I guess it's a positive sign. I didn't think it was, but okay.
"Netflix and chill then?'

LOL

No don't say that...suggest a place to get drinks.
What do you know about her so far?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
"Netflix and chill then?'

LOL

No don't say that...suggest a place to get drinks.
What do you know about her so far?
Not much. Her name and what she does for a living. This is the third time I saw her, but the first time I interacted with her pretty directly. I was thinking to first ask for her number and say we'll figure something out.

Open to ideas guys.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd pick a different day and a place than the original and propose that. If she bites she's likely interested...

Glassguy

Reaction score
Her: maybe we can do something else?
Me: I'd like to get to know you better over a drink or two. Let's meet up at such and such place and after that we can play it by ear.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Her: maybe we can do something else?
Me: I'd like to get to know you better over a drink or two. Let's meet up at such and such place and after that we can play it by ear.
I used this and I said we should meet up at so and so. What your cell so we can figure out a time and day to meet? She replied when do you meet? Seems harder to get this ladies cell than online dating. Was going to shoot one more message, we can figure out a day and date via text. Mine is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Send me a text and we can go from there.

Or should I use something different?

Glassguy

Reaction score
IDK man. She is showing a lot of signs of low interest. Wanting to meet up with you and her friends- low interest. You specifically asked for her cell and she avoided that- low interest.

You might not feel comfortable doing this, but this is what I would send her this:

"I am going to such and such place on this day at this time. Let me know if you can join up".

Thats it. You will either get a "Yes that works for me" or a "I am busy that evening" with a counter offer or no counter offer.

Counter offer- you can accept or recounter.
No counter offer- she wouldnt hear from me again unless she reached back out and knew when she will be free.

I dont really care if a woman gives me her number or not so long as she accepts the offer and shows up. She will offer it sooner or later.

The fact that you specifically asked for it and she totally ignored you is concerning.

If I were in your shoes and my attraction with this chick was a 5 or 6 then I wouldnt even respond and see if she reaches out the next few days.

If its a 7, 8 or 9- I would send her the "such and such day at this time at this place. Let me know if you can join" and go from there.

I can tell you this: if she didnt gladly accept that offer or counter offer, she has heard the last from me.

Let me know how it goes.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say yes and gladly, even if there be the case of low interest (people and settings are used as barriers to intimacy) it could also be an opportunity to work on her while not being stuck with her.

I find dates to be boring at some point, I like group meets and then isolate the girl if there is mutual attraction, this way I can get to the good part without passing for the boring interview/listening one.

A 4 people table at the pub is much less work than a 2 one especially when it comes of paying attention, after all attraction is mostly chemistry (once the looks test is passed).

If there is mutual attraction and you build good rapport, it wont be a problem to isolate and execute.