Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Height and OLD

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6 foot 4, fit and white and very rarely get responses to my messages or matches on tinder.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm late to the party on this one, but everybody lies. Every business owner lies. Every woman lies. Every man lies. Lies and deceit are a natural part of our a functioning society. If you dont understand when and how to do it properly, then you are likely missing out on many good things in life.

Now the grandeur of the lies are completely subjective. This sort of reminds me of the old saying, "the honor amongst thieves." The basic concept is that people may be thieves, but have a general set of rules they will not break. The key is finding out the rules which work best for you.

A man wants to lie about his height? Who cares! He is going to have to deal with the ramifications of when he is discovered. Sometimes innocent lies are necessary to allow people to accept the things they may not have been originally willing to accept. I've told my boys, "oh no, there isnt any onions in there." In the end, they enjoyed my home cooked meal, far more beneficial than them starving or me having to cook something else.

Each person has to identify their limits for what they are willing to lie about, and find ways to navigate within those limits.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Not Sazc, but I do not believe these height challenged men are being rejected simply, because of heigth. Does it happen? That's undeniable, but it also happens at 6'5". It's just the way it is. The man i work with and sitting next to at this very moment is 5'8", native, average in looks and absolutely slays. He is charismatic and speaks to everyone, regardless of sex or age, hot or not. If he is ever nervous in approaching, it surely isn't noticeable. This is all anecdotal, but i see it day in, day out. Let's be honest. The average guy that visits this site and sites like it are borderline, if not full blown incel, social retards. Guys need to commit to a dozen or so cold approaches a day for several months and then come back.
I won't dispute this as there's truth there and I too can see it. And yes like you said earlier, I too value your inputs for we both see eye to eye on many subjects.

But at the same breath, I can't dispute the probability that what OP has raised to be the truth too and dismiss it.

It is in OP's reality and not ours that we must place ourselves.

In his reality, if I'm reading it correctly, his only problem is that by having 5'7" on his profile, it is not generating much hits, but when he switches it to 5'9" he gets hits and this has tremendously improved his dating life.

I cannot in good conscience use my morality to judge him for that and I don't think others here should too, which is where most of the disagreement are.

I however would like to see some other solution to OP's problem in the context of using OLD from those of you who are against him lying.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I'm late to the party on this one, but everybody lies. Every business owner lies. Every woman lies. Every man lies. Lies and deceit are a natural part of our a functioning society. If you dont understand when and how to do it properly, then you are likely missing out on many good things in life.

Now the grandeur of the lies are completely subjective. This sort of reminds me of the old saying, "the honor amongst thieves." The basic concept is that people may be thieves, but have a general set of rules they will not break. The key is finding out the rules which work best for you.

A man wants to lie about his height? Who cares! He is going to have to deal with the ramifications of when he is discovered. Sometimes innocent lies are necessary to allow people to accept the things they may not have been originally willing to accept. I've told my boys, "oh no, there isnt any onions in there." In the end, they enjoyed my home cooked meal, far more beneficial than them starving or me having to cook something else.

Each person has to identify their limits for what they are willing to lie about, and find ways to navigate within those limits.
Exactly.

Well said.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
Pathetic imo, presenting your best side is one thing but I could never tell full on lies about myself like this. It's not worth it just for sex. But I understand that many people don't feel that way, so if it works for a while before women collectively start deducting 5-8 cm from what you say your height is (I think they already do), that's great. Just don't come back complaining about any of their behavior after this ;)
Shouldve ask mom to buy more milk then

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think any poster in this thread has come on here and claimed to never lie.
But let's not pretend lying is the golden secret to success.
Lying now and then is one thing. But if you are a habitual liar, it destroys your credibility.

I've known habitual liars, and I pretty much didn't believe anything they told me. In fact, most of their lies were transparent (as is, I suppose saying you're 6'0" when you're really 5'6"). But I always wondered what it was they hoped to gain from it. I never understood why they felt the need to lie about everything. There must have been some deep seated insecurity there.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think any poster in this thread has come on here and claimed to never lie.
Lying now and then is one thing. But if you are a habitual liar, it destroys your credibility.

I've known habitual liars, and I pretty much didn't believe anything they told me. In fact, most of their lies were transparent (as is, I suppose saying you're 6'0" when you're really 5'6"). But I always wondered what it was they hoped to gain from it. I never understood why they felt the need to lie about everything. There must have been some deep seated insecurity there.
A habitual liar would be someone who is also highly delusional. But yes, they have no credibility.

An effective liar on the other hand is someone who intersperses his lies within a truth, much like a woman does.

On the other hand, people hate liars because they're been hurt by lies and yet they too lie on a consistent basis - the irony of it all.

A

AJ84

In regards to men who are liars.

My girlfriend met a man who she thought was great. The sex was like fireworks. He told her he was employed, divorced, in escrow on a house, had 50/50 custody, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Over time it came out that he was an alcoholic, felon, still seeing his ex, they were both pill poppers, grandma has custody of the kids, escrow was a lie, theft was the norm as well as bisexuality for the sake of free lodging.

We all have experience with people where one fib eventually gives way to an extremely unsavory life. If we stick around too long, we get lucky if we don't end up enveloped in their drama.

That's one reason why it's a red flag, should be a red flag, maybe even a huge red flag, if someone is totally cool with lying to a stranger - because with some ppl, the first innocuous lie is really a test to see if you will look the other way. A test to see if you will call them out, or let it pass in preference of companionship.

Everyone has to find their comfort

It doesn't matter what you say or how you say it, they will always tell you that you are shaming men with your replies. That's their go-to defense. They don't like what you posted, therefore you are 'shaming men'.

What's interesting is that, a fair amount of the time, the ' you're a man shamer ' comment is deliberately tossed out as a manipulation tactic to get the other men on the board to bandwagon with the person making the claim. It's an interesting tactic and creates an interesting follow up dynamic.
Yes that’s true hahaha.

A

AJ84

Just reading the rest of the posts. You know, this isn’t a forum full of 5yr old naive children. It’s pretty clear who is more likely being real here vs who is full of BS.

We have members here who talk as much about their failures and frustrations as they do their successes, then we have members who constantly puff up and brag brag brag then challenge others to prove they are f**k worthy.

I mean people posting past texts from women that are two week+ old texts. Who saves texts that long lol. And why?

It’s transparent. And it makes it hard to take them seriously when they do post something solid. For me personally, I learn more from the members who are keeping it more real, even the ones I have argued with because I take them more seriously and don’t get the impression that they are hiding behind something and projecting an image that they want the forum to believe them to be.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zekko once shared a biblical quote that I interpreted as you can’t trust most women so give serve them accordingly, but if you do find one you can trust, then serve her accordingly too.

I’m not religious, but I’ll share another biblical quote, “ Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.”

This quote has myriad interpretations, one interpretation we can utilize for this thread.

In life, you will meet a vast array of people. Some will have integrity and be straightforward in their dealings with you. Others won’t.

In my business, I deal fair, straight, and honestly. I do so because I must, not because of a greater morality. The success of my reputation hangs on my promises and my delivery. If I solicit an investor a 10% return, and he takes monies out of his holdings currently earning interest, and I show him only a 3% return, then he loses money, and I lose him. I must be straight in my dealings to be profitable. Simple.

Now even if the market were to turn, and business became tough, I would still not compromise my relation with this investor because we have and will continue to have a long term relation based on trust and compromise. And he will serve me the way I serve him.

I have friends and acquaintances that are very good to me. I also have friends and acquaintances that are not very good to me. I treat each accordingly.

(Hot) OLD women are tools. Not only do you replace and are replaced by a few swipes, but most lie, most contrive, most lack integrity, most flake, most are whimsical, most have you among a large roster for the weekend ... at least initially. In this arena, where there is no honor, I, too, will serve them accordingly.

Someone here said they never calibrate. I can assure you this is a grandiose mistake and one grounded in a lack of social intelligence in dealing with different kinds of people in different contexts. Socially intelligent (SI) individuals in any endeavor study the audience and give the audience what they need to win their hearts and loyalty. SI give Caesar what belongs to him, and this includes honesty and fairness to those who operate the same.

Which leads us to the philosophy of most SI individuals:

“Be fluid like water. Be formless, be shapeless. When water enters a cup, it becomes the cup. When water enters a vase, it becomes the vase. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.”

U

user43770

Fvck y'all, old time wasting ass motherfvckers..

Women obviously don't know what they want, but I see guru still finds most of his time on sosuave lol

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean people posting past texts from women that are two week+ old texts. Who saves texts that long lol. And why?
I save ALL my texts and I recommend all men do the same in case some crazy lady like you hops on the #Metoo movement.

You’re not very bright.

A

AJ84

I save ALL my texts and I recommend all men do the same in case some crazy lady like you hops on the #Metoo movement.

You’re not very bright.
Yeah that’s a actually smart, the metoo movement is crazy. But you do like to show them off here to prove your worth, which is weird to me because I thought men were being advised not to seek validation from women, because that is pedestal placing no?

So posting texts some woman sent to prove that you are the Mac daddy, to me, is like a woman posting pics of her engagement ring.

And I may not be the smartest person, I didn’t make the Dean’s list lol and I have made dumb decisions many many times. But I’m bright enough to see through BS Guru. Might not catch all of it, but I do notice much of it.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^Again. Not very smart AJ. The act of sharing my texts in this forum does not equal the motivation of why I do/did.

Act <> Motivation

Nor does your value to me prompt explaining my motivation for doing so.

However, if there is man/men in this forum who actually learn from these texts, I will be more than glad to share my motivations of why I post here at all.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There really could be many reasons for it. It sounds like your friends were more sarcastic than liars, especially if their lies were blatantly obvious. Regardless of what they said, their words had little to no impact on your life, so why bother wasting your efforts judging them? I'm sure you accept them for who they are, bit I would encourage you to open your mind a bit, maybe even ask them. You did say you were "always curious"; I doubt they were always curious why you didnt join them on their shenanigans.

I wouldnt say lying is some secret to success, but you have to know when and where to apply it. For example, a couple jobs ago, the company wanted 3 years of experience. I had one year until I doctored my resume. So I got the interview and she wanted to hire me on the spot. Would I have received this opportunity without adjusting my resume? Sure, I had a rough patch here and there, but that's part of learning and growing.

Then my current job, they asked my current salary, and I told them 20% more than I was making (another lie), and I ended up getting a 40% raise by changing jobs.

Then I asked for full remote work,they gave me 3 days a week. So I interviewed for another job, and said I needed remote work because it's important to me, but it was really to balance two jobs. Why? Just to see if I could...

Needless to say, I currently work a total of about 30 hours a week collecting 2 six figure salaries.

My mom, on the other hand, refuses to doctor her resume, she says its "dishonest"... and shes making 18/hr.

Now this is an extreme example, but I feel it elucidates the point. My main point is that you have to learn to navigate your life in a way that is beneficial. I suppose it's good that we have people who refuse to lie, they can continue to make the concessions for the others to step past them. As @guru1000 stated, be the water, and be willing to change. Rigid value systems dont allow for creative efforts to be fully employed.

A

AJ84

^^Again. Not very smart AJ. The act of sharing my texts in this forum does not equal the motivation of why I do/did.

Act <> Motivation

Nor does your value to me prompt explaining my motivation for doing so.

However, if there is man/men in this forum who actually learn from these texts, I will be more than glad to share my motivations of why I post here at all.
That’s good to know Guru, I shouldn’t have any value to you as a member of an anonymous online forum. It would be weird if I did lol. What we think of each other has no relevance, really, in our personal lives.

And you pointed out something that, as a female, I never considered which is the reason why to keep texts from women. I take back my questioning of that logic because that threat is unfortunately real for men and isn’t an issue for women. Thanks for pointing that out.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Just reading the rest of the posts. You know, this isn’t a forum full of 5yr old naive children. It’s pretty clear who is more likely being real here vs who is full of BS
I would be grateful if you think I'm full of BS.

I purposely joined an all male forum with the intent to pass my knowledge to them and not to you.

We have members here who talk as much about their failures and frustrations as they do their successes, then we have members who constantly puff up and brag brag brag then challenge others to prove they are f**k worthy.
And why are you bothered with that ?

Again we are not here for you. Nothing we say applies in your reality simply because men and women interact with the world differently.

Would I be interested in the social structuring of women ? No I don't care. As a man it's none of my business.

The bragging rights of males is an inherent and important part of masculinity practiced throughout the ages, who are you to come here and say it's wrong ?

I mean people posting past texts from women that are two week+ old texts. Who saves texts that long lol. And why?.
Mine is all posted on the same day. It's time stamped. Go check.

If a man wishes to post a text that's 5 years old and has relevance to the topic, why is it a problem for you ?

But again it's actually none of your business as what relevancy it has with your dating life as a woman ?

It’s transparent. And it makes it hard to take them seriously when they do post something solid. For me personally, I learn more from the members who are keeping it more real, even the ones I have argued with because I take them more seriously and don’t get the impression that they are hiding behind something and projecting an image that they want the forum to believe them to be.
How is it transparent when you can't even comprehend the importance of bragging for men or the uses of competition amongst men?

Again I ask, what do you actually learn here? Are you deluded into believing we humans have a unisex brain or is it your wish that men think so ?

This is not 1 + 1 = 2.

This forum is about shaping the personality of men. You can't think like one because you are biologically not 1. That's much is transparent to everyone.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s good to know Guru, I shouldn’t have any value to you as a member of an anonymous online forum. It would be weird if I did lol. What we think of each other has no relevance, really, in our personal lives.

And you pointed out something that, as a female, I never considered which is the reason why to keep texts from women. I take back my questioning of that logic because that threat is unfortunately real for men and isn’t an issue for women. Thanks for pointing that out.
^^ now there is some character fellas. You see, women of character do exist. Which begs the questions why does she have character (of her own accord or forced) and thus does she also have good looks which if she does have challenged her character plenty ;)

A

AJ84

^^ now there is some character fellas. You see, women of character do exist. Which begs the questions why does she have character (of her own accord or forced) and thus does she also have good looks which if she does have challenged her character plenty ;)
I actually have a tree growing out of my face. My nickname is Woody.