Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Height and OLD

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you aren't using height to your advantage in OLD, you are doing yourself a disservice. Women screen by height. There's simply no getting around this.

The average human male is under 6'0. Therefore, the majority of men could be leaving some height on the table. The following height guidelines can be used to your benefit:

-If you are under 6'0, add up to 2 or 3 inches to your actual height until you reach 6'0
-If you are 6'0-6'3, use your actual height
-If you are over 6'3, use 6'3.

If you have any moral issues with this, remember each time you met a woman 20 lbs heavier or 5 years older than her pictures / profile. If you have thick soled shoes like Air Maxes or boots that can add 1-1.5", wear them the first two dates.

All's fair in love and war. Happy hunting!

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Strange how I'm 5'10" and gets invites for dates whenever I'm in a western country.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pathetic imo, presenting your best side is one thing but I could never tell full on lies about myself like this. It's not worth it just for sex. But I understand that many people don't feel that way, so if it works for a while before women collectively start deducting 5-8 cm from what you say your height is (I think they already do), that's great. Just don't come back complaining about any of their behavior after this ;)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pathetic imo, presenting your best side is one thing but I could never tell full on lies about myself like this. It's not worth it just for sex.
That's pretty much what I think. Besides, it's like telling yourself "I'm really 5'10" but who I am is not good enough, so I have to lie about it". I don't like the message that's sending.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Besides, it's like telling yourself "I'm really 5'10" but who I am is not good enough, so I have to lie about it". I don't like the message that's sending.
Not at all. More accurately, it's putting yourself into the proper search criteria. Online dating is an algorithm for most. People screen based off specific criteria. If you want to appear in more searches, you must fit more criteria. It's no different than keyword matching in google.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have to agree. Adding an inch or two is advisable.
Women wouldn't think twice about doing something similar to gain advantage.

Win win situation.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I automatically subtract 2 inches from whatever the dude puts. If he doesn't put a height, I will eventually ask, and then subtract two inches :)

Last guy I met, on his profile he put 5'7". Okay, I thought, I'm 5'5" and what dude would lie about being 5'7"?

I get to the restaurant, I park and he's side leaning on his beemer (lol). I get out, walk over, give him a hug hello, and when he straightens up I realize that he is ABOUT AN INCH SHORTER than me. (I was wearing flat boots specifically because of his height) Not only was he shorter than me, but he was pretty slight. I felt like a fat pig next to him.

It sucked that he lied about his height

We had a decent time at dinner. There was one awkward silence which I filled. The NEXT story he tells me it's about his 'really good friend'. You know, the kind of friend that can go long periods in the car without talking because he 'doesn't get anxious about silence'. I thought that was pretty petty.

He didn't get ghosted immediately, we still chatted a bit over text while I contemplated if I should simply ghost him or be honest and say I didn't appreciate the height difference. I dislike being outright mean.

Eventually he sent a text that I planned on returning, but got busy and forgot (because I was low IL anyways) and we faded.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'8" and used to put 5'10". Only got called out on it once and I still fvcked the chick on the second date...

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
This is true.

But so do I.

I like to list my actual height because it seldom eliminates me from the women I am targeting. I like em tiny and petite, so at 5’10” I’m cool with not showing up in the search results of a 5’8” woman looking for a 6’0”+ guy, or the same woman getting in touch because she thinks I’m 6’ plus.

If a 5’0” woman isn’t going to date a man an inch or two under 6’, then I’m cool with them passing me up too.
Agreed.

Ideally a woman should be shorter by 4" then the man. Would certainly look odd if she's taller.

However there's more ladies at 5'6" in the western hemisphere.

5'2"-5'4" is what you'll get in Asian countries.

Too tall or too short might be a problem for women that much is obvious.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing about women... the more they like you, the taller you appear to them. This is the most irrational topic to them. Use it to your advantage.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pathetic imo, presenting your best side is one thing but I could never tell full on lies about myself like this. It's not worth it just for sex. But I understand that many people don't feel that way, so if it works for a while before women collectively start deducting 5-8 cm from what you say your height is (I think they already do), that's great. Just don't come back complaining about any of their behavior after this ;)
They already do...because guys lie about their heights all the time. Childish. Kinda sucks for those of us who don't lie. I'm 6' and i always put 6' (ok I'm 5-11.75 so I round up but my shoes easily cover more than that). I've gone out with women who are 5-10' but that's where I draw the line, in fact, it starts to feel awkward to me beyond 5-8 because all women love to wear 2"+ heels.

I guess I should clarify in my profile now 'I'm actually really 6ft...no padding'.

Last edited:

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing about women... the more they like you, the taller you appear to them. This is the most irrational topic to them. Use it to your advantage.
this is true

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They already do...because guys lie about their heights all the time. Childish. Kinda sucks for those of us who don't lie. I'm 6' and i always put 6' (ok I'm 5-11.75 so I round up but my shoes easily cover most of that). I've gone out with women who are 5-10' but that's where I draw the line, in fact, it starts to feel awkward to me beyond 5-8 because all women love to wear 2"+ heels.

I guess I should clarify in my profile now 'I'm actually really 6ft...no padding'.
Well at least the amount of people who lie on OLD in each gender is similar if you google this stuff, so it's not too much of a problem. Liars can be with likeminded liars, and truthfuls with truthfuls. I'd imagine it gets harder to sort out the really dedicated liars who wear shoe lifts though, the girls won't notice that until they're barefoot haha.

lol, well this depends on the woman. Some are fine with being just slightly shorter, or even the same height, and some even with being taller. And then you have the large majority that wants to be noticeably shorter. And then you have to fit in whether they wear heels, and whether they factor in heels into their height calculations of you. So it's all subjective.

Last edited:

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And here we have men shaming other men for lying to women, yet women are the biggest manipulators stemming all the way back to the fictional story of Adam and Eve. Even men at that time knew to create a story depicting the nature of wo-man, the covert manipulation of Adam to eat the apple.

Yet, many 9s without makeup are magical 6s. Is it truly magic? But we pretend it's not so.

Padded bras, tight skirts, high heels for height and accentuation of legs, lipstick, blush, concealer, eyeliner, eye shadows, lip injections or plumpers .. and off to the infinite nether lands. Let's not even begin with ever so spellbinding cosmetic injections, chemical/laser peels, boob jobs, azz injections prevalent (and kept secret) in the 8-10 club.

But let us men shame the man who increases his height by two inches on his online profile.

Nobility is painted as virtue only by those who are blind to reality.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right so if I m ever on OLD again and gawd help me it's likely. Then I have to inllate my 6 2 ? If there is one Talent women seem to have it's judging men (generally harshly). Surely they can tell from your pics

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And here we have men shaming other men for lying to women, yet women are the biggest manipulators stemming all the way back to the fictional story of Adam and Eve. Even men at that time knew to create a story depicting the nature of wo-man, the covert manipulation of Adam to eat the apple.

Yet, many 9s without makeup are magical 6s. Is it truly magic? But we pretend it's not so.

Padded bras, tight skirts, high heels for height and accentuation of legs, lipstick, blush, concealer, eyeliner, eye shadows, lip injections or plumpers .. and off to the infinite nether lands. Let's not even begin with ever so spellbinding cosmetic injections, chemical/laser peels, boob jobs, azz injections prevalent (and kept secret) in the 8-10 club.

But let us men shame the man who increases his height by two inches on his online profile.

Nobility is painted as virtue only by those who are blind to reality.
I don't care about the gender of who lies, I call out lying when I see it. If you're fine with being a cynic amoralist, that's great, but there are also those of us on SS who aren't. I guess in one sense you are right in hindsight however, we should just not comment in these threads and leave you to it.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'2, so I have no dog in this fight.

However, I call out those who call out blindly.

So I assume you never lied, correct?
I don't have a dog in this fight either.

And on OLD, no I don't lie. And in real life with women, while for example I may not outright declare that I don't intend on having a relationship, I don't lie to them about seeing myself in one with them either. So no, I don't think you can pull the cynic strategy of tearing me down to your level. Also, if I ever did lie, I would still do it but admit and acknowledge it for what it is rather than hiding behind rationalizations and justifications.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight either.

And on OLD, no I don't lie. And in real life with women, while for example I may not outright declare that I don't intend on having a relationship, I don't lie to them about seeing myself in one with them either. So no, I don't think you can pull the cynic strategy of tearing me down to your level.
Simple question.

Have you ever lied?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple question.

Have you ever lied?
Of course. But I added a part to my post which you quoted before I could edit it in. And that part is, whenever I do lie, I admit and acknowledge lying for the act that it is rather than hiding behind rationalizations and justifications for doing it. I find that this very fact also decreases the magnitude of my lying, helping me be more honest with myself and others.

But again, if you feel lying is perfectly fine and don't have any qualms about it then knock yourself out lol, like I said I should just have stayed outa this thread in hindsight.