Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think to this workout split?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always do my first warm-up set with the bar. Ain't no shame in it. Work your way up if you need to. Better safe than sorry.

If you already have an idea of what you can hit, just google "1 rep max calculator. "

I never max out, since I work out alone. I use online calculators when I'm curious.
If I do a warm-up set wouldn't that make my rep scheme 4x5 then? Or is it the 1st rep in the 3x5 progression

U

user43770

If I do a warm-up set wouldn't that make my rep scheme 4x5 then? Or is it the 1st rep in the 3x5 progression
Warm-up sets don't count in your working stats. For example, when I'm bench pressing I do:

Bar x 12
65 x 6
95 × 6
115 × 6

Then work sets

185 x 6-8
175 x 6-8
165 x 6-8

You don't want to surpass 60% of your first set weight in your warm-ups.

So if your first squat set is going to be 250 lbs, your last warm-up set should be 150 lbs

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool cool, one of the main lifters at Tnation said I would probably have to adhere to a very strict diet minimum of 4 months. I would have to cut off tons of stuff and only drink water. Compared to another dude who I follow on youtube who pretty much feels like you can eat almost anything as long as you keep yourself in a caloric deficit (kevin Kreider) both dudes are ripped? Just wondering how a cheat meal or a coffee or 1 can of soda a week who fit in or hinder my progress? How did you guys go about it?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And even though some programs can help speed up fat loss a bit, 90% of the fat loss comes from dieting. Even if you follow a “fat loss program” if your diet is not properly adjusted for body fat loss, you will not reach your goals.

So you are asking the wrong question: you should have asked about the proper dieting. That would have shown that you have the right mindset to achieve your goal.

Are you mentally prepared to eat a restrictive diet, that will be a lot more bland than your usual, devoid of most of the things you like, ideally without any cheating. Focused mostly on chicken, fish, lean meat, green veggies and a small amount of rice, no sauce, no drink containing calories? For 15-20 weeks? Because that’s what it will take.
As opposed to

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so in 3 reps keep the weight the same then? no increase every set (3x5)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump!!!!!
What's up? The split I posted in another thread I use:

Workout A:
Squat 3 X 5
Lat Pulldown / Pull Ups 3 X 5
Overhead Press 3 X 5
Deadlift 1 X 5
25 minutes, low intensity cardio

Workout B:
Squat 3 X 5
Bench Press 3 X 5
Pendlay Barbell Row 3 X 5

This is more of my "bulking" split.

My cutting split is more advanced and focuses more on track-inspired sprint workouts, no deadlifts, and only 1-2 days per week of upper body compound lifting.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up? The split I posted in another thread I use:

Workout A:
Squat 3 X 5
Overhead Press 3 X 5
Deadlift 1 X 5

Workout B:
Squat 3 X 5
Bench Press 3 X 5
Pendlay Barbell Row 3 X 5

This is more of my "bulking" split.

My cutting split is more advanced and focuses more on track-inspired sprint workouts, no deadlifts, and only 1-2 days per week of upper body compound lifting.
Use same weight every set? And do you agree with the guy in the video I posted about "clean eating"? Thanks

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Use same weight every set? And do you agree with the guy in the video I posted about "clean eating"? Thanks
I do 3X3 for over a year now with the same weight for all three sets. I can no longer progress on 5 reps. My last workout I benched 215 lbs for 3 sets of 3. My highest ever was 230 for 3X3. Squat was 295 lbs (high bar) at full depth. My body weight is 165 lbs at 5’7. I am never more than 12% BF.

I mostly agree with the clean eating video. Eat healthy, with everything in moderation. Just try to eat enough vegetables and don’t drink your calories. I gave up protein powders over a year ago.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you should really stop giving advice on strength and hypertrophy training and programming. I contemplated not taking it here, but you fvcking need it.
I do 3X3 for over a year now with the same weight for all three sets.
You basically stay close to peaking year round, then say dumb chit like...
I can no longer progress on 5 reps.
Are you fvcking kidding me? I'm dead!

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you should really stop giving advice on strength and hypertrophy training and programming. I contemplated not taking it here, but you fvcking need it.
I don’t need **** from you as I guarantee I’m more athletic and aesthetic than you’ll ever be.

You basically stay close to peaking year round, then say dumb chit like...
Actually I don’t.

EDIT for clarification: I was answering @PeasantPlayer question about should the same weight be used for each set in that particular workout, not workout at 85-90% of max each and every gym day for the entire year.

Are you fvcking kidding me? I'm dead!
Do explain. This will be good.

Last edited:

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas come on now, we all know there is not size fits all for working out. None of you are wrong, "facts" are fleeting as the Science expands

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas come on now, we all know there is not size fits all for working out. None of you are wrong, "facts" are fleeting as the Science expands
Truth. However, the fitness industry makes a killing off making things more complicated than they need to be. Have an aesthetic physique isn't difficult. In order to look fit, you actually have to BE fit. The formula is really just clean eating + cardio + compound lifts. That's why when people conjure up these 5-6 day workout splits with 30 exercises, drop sets, and specialized isolation movements we should be quick to call BS.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree
Truth. However, the fitness industry makes a killing off making things more complicated than they need to be. Have an aesthetic physique isn't difficult. In order to look fit, you actually have to BE fit. The formula is really just clean eating + cardio + compound lifts. That's why when people conjure up these 5-6 day workout splits with 30 exercises, drop sets, and specialized isolation movements we should be quick to call BS.
Going to do light Cardio on my lifting days and yoga on my off days

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you all think of stomach vacuums?
Do they work or are they a waste of time?

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Training to failure doesn’t work. Focus on completing repetitions and increasing weight[/QUOTE
:rolleyes::lol::rofl:
Care to share any scientific studies or even anecdotal evidence backing your claim?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rate these
Progression rate: +5lbs every week on upper body lifts, +10lbs on lower body lifts.
A.
Bench press
Deadlift
Pendlay row
BB curl
B.
Squat
OHP
Chin-ups (weighted)
Dips (weighted)

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rate
Beginner Program
Monday
A1) Back Squat 4×6-8
A2) Chin-Ups (25)
B1) Romanian Deadlift 2×8-12
B2) Incline Press 3×8
c1) Pushups 2 x max
C2) Thick Grip Barbell Curls 2×15
— Sprints
Wednesday
A1) Overhead Press 3×6-8
A2) Barbell Rows 3×8
B) Hip Thrust 2×10
C) Calfs 2×20
–Farmers Walks
Friday
A1) Deadlift 3×5
A2) Incline Press 3×8
B1) Front Squat 3×5
B2) Chin-Ups (25)
C1) Dips 2 x max
C2) Thick Grip Hammer Curls 2×10
–Sprints
Program Notes
  • For all exercises do at least five sets, including warm-up sets. So a squat workout planned for 3x6x135 will look like this: bar x 6, 95×6, 135x4x6.
  • Strive for 25 chin-ups in as little sets as possible. At first, shoot for five. Then four. Three is ideal. Two is great.
  • The 1’s and 2’s mean the exercises can be supersetted to save time.
  • Do two sets to failure of dips and push-ups. Strive to add one rep to the total each week.
  • Sprints are preferably done on a hill of about 50 yards, with 6-10 total repetitions. Sprint to the top, walk back down, catch your wind, and then go again. Do that a minimum of six times and a maximum of ten times.
  • Farmers walks are done for 100-200 yards. Just grab heavy dumbbells and go.