Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think to this workout split?

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion will require strict eating and drinking but if you have the will, desire, and discipline you can very likely attain an exceptional physique in 16 weeks. Sooner if you've got a solid base to start from and never miss meals and refrain from drinking alcohol.

Attached are photos of me before-and-after I embarked on a strict 8-week eating, drinking and training program. In the before pic I weighed 225 lbs. and my trainer measured me at 25% BF. In the after photo (taken 6 months later but I looked like that at around week 12) I weigh 200 lbs. with an estimated 10% BF.
Dude, that's fvcking insane. Must've been the Tren. Seriously, how tall are you?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Eternal_water at one point I was lifting 2 times a week due to time constraints. The routine I used is below.

Workout A
Squats - 3 x 8
Bench press - 3 × 8
Pendlay Rows - 3 x 8
Calves - 1 x 15

Workout B
Deadlift - 2 × 6
Weighted Chin-ups - 3 x 8
Shoulder press - 2 × 8

Simple routine, but if you're giving it all you have, eating and sleeping right, you'll make gains.

By the way, I was using Reverse Pyramid Training.
This is an excellent split. For natural lifters, this is the route. Simple and to the point. Everything is covered here.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got this 5x5 program off tnation seems decent? Just don't know when to add weight and other stuff
What do you guys think?

• Power clean  5 x 5
  • Military press  5 x 5
  • Front squat  5 x 5
  • Bench press  5 x 5
  • Deadlift (any variation)  5 x 5

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Eternal_water at one point I was lifting 2 times a week due to time constraints. The routine I used is below.

Workout A
Squats - 3 x 8
Bench press - 3 × 8
Pendlay Rows - 3 x 8
Calves - 1 x 15

Workout B
Deadlift - 2 × 6
Weighted Chin-ups - 3 x 8
Shoulder press - 2 × 8

Simple routine, but if you're giving it all you have, eating and sleeping right, you'll make gains.

By the way, I was using Reverse Pyramid Training.

How did you do calves?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 lbs per exercise per workout, only if you completed it last time. Go up 10 lbs for squat and deadlift. Once you start plateauing, reduce to 2.5 and 5 respectively.

This is easier with 3x5
Interesting so if you plateau you decrease the weight?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 lbs per exercise per workout, only if you completed it last time. Go up 10 lbs for squat and deadlift. Once you start plateauing, reduce to 2.5 and 5 respectively.

This is easier with 3x5
So I increase weight every week 5 lbs? and 10 pounds on squat and deadlift?

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's a good way to Guage a starting weight?
Work up to a 5 rep max, with bar speed taking priority (meaning, the bar should slow somewhat, but not to a grinding halt on your last few reps) or work up to a 1 rep max. If you are doing straight weight sets, take about 70-75% of the 1rm and start from there. For ex, 1x5@70%, 1x5@70%, 1x5@70%, 1x5@70%, 1x5@70%. If you are ramping up, you can end up a little heavier in your last work sets. For ex, 1x5@60%, 1x5@70%, and 3x5@80%. Personally, being a novice I would stick to the lighter loads straight across and accumulate some volume and focus on technique and hypertrophy. Once, you stall and can no longer add weight, drop the load on your first set (1x5@60% + 4x5@70%), until you stall again and repeat dropping intensity (1x5@60% + 1x5@65% + 3x5@70%), until you are working up in 5's for just one top set. Then, add a little more weight to your straight 5's across and repeat the process. The percentages really won't matter much after you get started. If you've got a 200lb squat, just move up or down in 10lb plates for heavier/lighter sets.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's a good way to Guage a starting weight?
I tell everyone they should start with just the bar and pay their dues. The idea is to add weight for as long as possible. Use the lighter weights to perfect your form.

If you absolutely have to use a starting weight I recommend working backwards over at least a 12 week timeframe. Find out your max, then subtract 120 lbs for squats and deadlifts, 60 lbs for the other exercises. So if you can squat 200 lbs for one rep at full depth (and be honest), id start at 80 lbs for your 3X5. In 3 months, you will rep more than your max.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an A day work going to construct a B day workout. is 4 days too much or start with 3 days a week?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about on my off days cardio/abs maybe?
For what? More time in the gym won't help your results. You can do light cardio either before or after each workout. You grow when you rest.

Ab exercises are a waste of time. Squats, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, and Weighted Pull Ups all hit your abs heavily. Running does as well. Abdominal muscles offer stability for high intensity movements. Doing crunches and knee raises doesn't help their functionality and will only make them look bigger and bulkier.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't wait to put this in action, thanks for all the advice fellas. I might humble myself and start with just a bar!?!?!

U

user43770

Can't wait to put this in action, thanks for all the advice fellas. I might humble myself and start with just a bar!?!?!
I always do my first warm-up set with the bar. Ain't no shame in it. Work your way up if you need to. Better safe than sorry.

If you already have an idea of what you can hit, just google "1 rep max calculator. "

I never max out, since I work out alone. I use online calculators when I'm curious.

U

user43770

I've been working out for a long time and I know when to stop my sets short... Everyone has to learn their body's limits.

The more you work out, the more you learn about your body. I would just emphasize form over function. It's easy to start fvcking up by putting too much weight on the bar.

I recently had to drop my deadlift weight because my form was suffering. My back started aching, that's how I knew. I started videoing myself and got it corrected. Working my way back up now.

Video yourself doing squats and deads and compare it to the pros on youtube.

Watch as many "form" videos on youtube as you can. You'll learn a lot. The squat and deadlift are difficult lifts, and you can seriously hurt yourself if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited by a moderator: