Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Youtube short that sums up todays' dating market

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with your comment about dating and getting into a relationship being heavily based on luck, perfect timing, etc.

With that said, you and the other posters are missing the point that is how much more difficult the modern mating market is compared to what boomer males and their fathers would have faced. Being an average man in that time period was good enough to where you'd get married and have children. We live in a dating market today where women have an overabundance of options and because of this are far more selective and picky with what they choose. As I've mentioned many times on here before, there are many boomer males that got married and had children that would be complete incels in the modern dating scene. I personally can cite a boomer male born in the late 40s who most certainly has undiagnosed autism/Asperger's that was married and had multiple children while having an average income. A young man like this in today's scene would severely struggle to even get a date, let alone a second date or even a relationship, marriage, etc.

Women's overall expectations are much higher than what you would have seen in decades past. There is nothing you or I can do about this but it's important for young men to realize this is the reality we are faced with. When 2/3 of young men are single and near sexless that is a huge problem, so much so that even the mainstream media can no longer avoid it. This has been a silent trend for quite a while now until more recently gaining public attention. I suspected this was the case well before the pandemic, based on my personal experiences and observations, and it was interesting to see these feelings later confirmed. I don't think you and the others realize just how much of an impact this will have on society at large. In fact, I think many of you are severely underestimating the potential negative consequences of this. This is completely uncharted territory and you should be concerned.
I believe Mike is 63 or so.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With that said, you and the other posters are missing the point that is how much more difficult the modern mating market is compared to what boomer males and their fathers would have faced. Being an average man in that time period was good enough to where you'd get married and have children.
How are you so confident about this? It could’ve been the milk man’s children, he could’ve been in a shvtty marriage. I would rather be single than in some forced crappy marriage due to economical survival. You are looking in to the past with rose colored lens.

We live in a dating market today where women have an overabundance of options and because of this are far more selective and picky with what they choose.
They had options then and what’s worse is that you were basically limited to the town you grew up in. Now a days, you can easily marry your future wife that lives in another country.

I personally can cite a boomer male born in the late 40s who most certainly has undiagnosed autism/Asperger's that was married and had multiple children while having an average income. A young man like this in today's scene would severely struggle to even get a date, let alone a second date or even a relationship, marriage, etc.
There are plenty of beta male cuck relationships going on today. Dude was simply playing the beta male provif

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women's overall expectations are much higher than what you would have seen in decades past. There is nothing you or I can do about this but it's important for young men to realize this is the reality we are faced with. When 2/3 of young men are single and near sexless that is a huge problem, so much so that even the mainstream media can no longer avoid it. This has been a silent trend for quite a while now until more recently gaining public attention. I suspected this was the case well before the pandemic, based on my personal experiences and observations, and it was interesting to see these feelings later confirmed. I don't think you and the others realize just how much of an impact this will have on society at large. In fact, I think many of you are severely underestimating the potential negative consequences of this. This is completely uncharted territory and you should be concerned.
We could complain about women’s standards all day but the quality of men has plummeted with the newer generations. I don’t fvcking blame them because most of the Gen Z men I see outside are pushover pvssy men.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you so confident about this? It could’ve been the milk man’s children, he could’ve been in a shvtty marriage. I would rather be single than in some forced crappy marriage due to economical survival. You are looking in to the past with rose colored lens.

They had options then and what’s worse is that you were basically limited to the town you grew up in. Now a days, you can easily marry your future wife that lives in another country.

There are plenty of beta male cuck relationships going on today. Dude was simply playing the beta male provif
Very few people were getting married in postwar america out of economic necessity. Societal pressure yes, economic pressure no.

Keep going man, this is good stuff.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We could complain about women’s standards all day but the quality of men has plummeted with the newer generations. I don’t fvcking blame them because most of the Gen Z men I see outside are pushover pvssy men.
Ok, Mr. High Character, why do you feel the need to prop yourself up by putting down our gender? Beat your chest more, kid.

Whatever you do, don't ask yourself why they're whimps. Just don't go there, man. It will hurt your head from having to think.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very few people were getting married in postwar america out of economic necessity. Societal pressure yes, economic pressure no.

When were the civil rights legislations passed again? Aren’t you a black American, shouldn’t you know this stuff? Looking at the people that benefited off the “golden era” is like thinking everyone today lived liked the Kardashians. The main beneficiaries of this golden era were white males that lived in the major rust belt cities. Go to the south and it was a completely different story.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The stats show that people still get laid more or less at the same level as they did in the golden years that you guys keep mentioning
And you believe the SELF REPORTED women's stats. Unless I'm an a$$hole and don't realize they're attached to a lie detector.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe Mike is 63 or so.
I don't really think the older generations understand how different things are today compared to when they were young adults. As I had alluded to earlier, they don't understand how easy it was for them to get into the home owning middle to upper middle class compared to today. This also applies to the dating market as well, though more specifically for young men.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've got that poster on my ignore list now, but you are totally correct. It was just what people did back then, being a single mother was also socially unacceptable and stigmatized, at least in white American culture. People definitely were having premarital sex, I think the main difference was that prior to the birth control people the woman married the man that got her pregnant. I also believe that modern women are far more promiscuous than compared to this time period, again this is due to contraceptive methods like birth control pills. There have always been women like the "town *****" but it was not socially acceptable or normalized, which is not so much the case today.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really think the older generations understand how different things are today compared to when they were young adults. As I had alluded to earlier, they don't understand how easy it was for them to get into the home owning middle to upper middle class compared to today. This also applies to the dating market as well, though more specifically for young men.
People born between 1940 and 1960 tend to have issues with either narcissism or denialism. Mike doesn't strike me as narcissistic.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People born between 1940 and 1960 tend to have issues with either narcissism or denialism. Mike doesn't strike me as narcissistic.
I'm not even going there to be honest. I just think that it's difficult for people to imagine things being different or changing compared to the experience they had. Think about it this way, if you were born in the 30s or 40s social security benefits would have always been around in your lifetime and always would be. I've had conversations with older people about how this may not be a reality when I'm older and they don't understand this concept. It's always been around in their lifetime, so why would it disappear?

It's the same thing for the boomers. In a broader sense, they were an incredibly lucky generation in America and really are not aware of it. They were the first generation that really started to go to college, which at that time was a one-way ticket to a solid earning potential. They were also able to do so without taking on tremendous amounts of student loan debt, which is not the case for millennials and now gen zs. They also existed in a time period of solid wages with housing prices that were obtainable. The average boomer was able to become a homeowner, which is not at all the case for the millennial generation. Again, it's difficult for this generation to understand how different things are for the younger generation because they aren't affected by these issues. This is a generation where things lined up for them and they are continuing to benefit from it as we speak.

What I'm getting at is people base their opinions and assumptions on their own experiences they've had.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not even going there to be honest. I just think that it's difficult for people to imagine things being different or changing compared to the experience they had. Think about it this way, if you were born in the 30s or 40s social security benefits would have always been around in your lifetime and always would be. I've had conversations with older people about how this may not be a reality when I'm older and they don't understand this concept. It's always been around in their lifetime, so why would it disappear?

It's the same thing for the boomers. In a broader sense, they were an incredibly lucky generation in America and really are not aware of it. They were the first generation that really started to go to college, which at that time was a one-way ticket to a solid earning potential. They were also able to do so without taking on tremendous amounts of student loan debt, which is not the case for millennials and now gen zs. They also existed in a time period of solid wages with housing prices that were obtainable. The average boomer was able to become a homeowner, which is not at all the case for the millennial generation. Again, it's difficult for this generation to understand how different things are for the younger generation because they aren't affected by these issues. This is a generation where things lined up for them and they are continuing to benefit from it as we speak.

What I'm getting at is people base their opinions and assumptions on their own experiences they've had.
Their parents were typically traumatized by the Depression and WWII and didn't know how to relate to their kids, and the Booms have had significant empathy issues as a result imo.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Their parents were typically traumatized by the Depression and WWII and didn't know how to relate to their kids, and the Booms have had significant empathy issues as a result imo.
That's an interesting point but people process difficult times and develop from them in a large variety of ways. The general public in the U.S felt a broad sense of accomplishment at the end of WW2, it was what ushered in the golden era of the 40s through early 60s. It was the way that honestly got the U.S out of the depression, it was still stagnating well into the 30s and leading up to WW2.

What I'm getting at is some people can be quite traumatized by bad experiences and actually let it affect them for the rest of their lives. There are other people who experience these same events, live through them and continue on.

Side note, I think you'll find that most people have issues with empathy despite what you have been led to believe. At the end of the day, most people are primarily looking out for themselves, then the family and so on and so on.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you do not get laid because you need to own house first and you don’t?

Dude, I am 33 and living in a student dorm right now, guess what women do not care that I live there. They actually find it interesting ( maybe because I should not have the right to live in a student dorm from the get go )

Stop finding excuses and self pity

You sound exactly like one of those ugly women on tinder that are very demanding and like to always mention them in your speeches

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've mentioned many times on here before, there are many boomer males that got married and had children that would be complete incels in the modern dating scene. I personally can cite a boomer male born in the late 40s who most certainly has undiagnosed autism/Asperger's that was married and had multiple children while having an average income. A young man like this in today's scene would severely struggle to even get a date, let alone a second date or even a relationship, marriage, etc.
Yes, that point cannot be emphasized enough. Please keep repeating it. I will do that too.

The Boomer male that you cite could be considered somewhat of an outlier. I agree that an autistic/Asperger Millennial or Gen Z with an average income would be likely to be incel today. There are Millennials or Gen Z'ers who are neither autistic/Asperger nor overweight/obese and they are incel/borderline incel. Agree that an autistic/Asperger male today would have a difficult time getting second dates today, let alone extended relationships.

I have an uncle who would be considered a more typical Boomer as compared to your example. He is 70+ years old and in the same relationship for 50+ years. He had two sons, two of my cousins. One of the cousins is late Gen X and the other is an early Millennial. Each of these cousins are divorced. My uncle's dating outcomes have differed drastically from the experiences of his two sons and one of his nephews (me). He has no idea how he would have attempted to date in today's dating landscape. Unlike many Boomers, he acknowledges his Boomer privilege both economically and in terms of the mating market.

Women's overall expectations are much higher than what you would have seen in decades past. There is nothing you or I can do about this but it's important for young men to realize this is the reality we are faced with.
This is true.

Part of these increased expectations has to do with increased mating options. A 30 year old woman today has way more options than a 30 year old woman in 1990. A single 30 year old woman in 1990 without a viable social circle would have had to go to bars/events multiple nights a week to get a small fraction of the prospects that a 30 year old in the 2010s-2020s has gotten just from sitting at home, putting up a few pictures on a dating website/app, and writing 2-3 sentences about herself.

The other part of increased expectations comes from more women getting bachelor's and advanced degrees and being less economically dependent on men. Women started entering the workforce more in the 1960s-1970s and started cutting into men's opportunities in the white collar space. Gradually, women have been getting more and more bachelor's degrees or advanced degrees. Not nearly as many women got a bachelor's degree in 1980 as compared to 2010.

When women are in the workforce with decent white collar jobs from their bachelor's/advanced degrees, they don't need the typical provider male (like my Boomer male uncle above). In 1975, a guy who was making the inflation adjusted equivalent of $75-125k today was valued in the sexual marketplace as a provider male. Today, a guy making $75-125k barely gets any attention, especially when that happens for him at age 30+. Why? Because the woman makes near that salary in most cases if not more with her bachelor's/advanced degree AND she has hundreds of male options that her 1975 or 1990 equivalent female wouldn't have had.

When 2/3 of young men are single and near sexless that is a huge problem, so much so that even the mainstream media can no longer avoid it. This has been a silent trend for quite a while now until more recently gaining public attention. I suspected this was the case well before the pandemic, based on my personal experiences and observations, and it was interesting to see these feelings later confirmed. I don't think you and the others realize just how much of an impact this will have on society at large. In fact, I think many of you are severely underestimating the potential negative consequences of this. This is completely uncharted territory and you should be concerned.
All accurate.

After World War II, both Europe and Asia were in bad shape. The United States was in a superior position to Western Europe, Japan, and China. The United States had an unparalleled good period from 1945-1970. These were the childhoods and young adults years for most of the Boomers.

The 1970s were a tough period, but the recessionary periods of the Ford and Carter presidencies were a joke compared to future recessions. There are still Boomers online who complain about entering the workforce during the Ford and Carter years. When any older Millennial like myself read that, we laugh and say "Ok Boomer". The older Millennials born in the early to mid-1980s who dealt with the late 2000s/early 2010s recessionary period had it WAY WORSE than the Boomers who graduated high school/college and entered the workforce in the Ford/Carter years (1974-early 1981).

Some Boomers didn't even have to go to college to get good jobs. There were still enough manufacturing/industrial jobs in the USA in the 1960s-1980s that didn't require a college degree. A lot of those manufacturing/industrial jobs left the USA during the 1970s-1990s period. That's where the Rust Belt name came about for the Midwestern states. There were some high school educated Boomers who suffered during the Ford/Carter years with the closing of factories/plants, and I think some of those Boomers still complain about that. The Boomers that did go to college did have the advantage of affordable college tuition, which wasn't the case for Millennials or Gen Z.

When I graduated high school in 2001, I didn't have the options for work that some Boomers would have had who graduated high school between 1965-1975. Some of those Boomers didn't need to go to college and could make a living. If I had stopped my education with high school in 2001, I was looking at a future of McJobs. Since I did not want to work a McJob at McDonald's or Walmart and did not have a skilled trades destination in mind (possibly a mistake), I went to college. My college tuition from 2001-2005 was much higher than what a Boomer paid for college in the 1970s. Also, my 2005 bachelor's degree was worth less in the job market than a Boomer's 1970s college degree, even for the Boomers who graduated during the Ford/Carter years.

Homeownership is a different situation. Yes, owning real estate was easier for Boomers than for Millennials and now Gen Z. With Millennials, owning real estate doesn't make sense for a lot of them. A lot of Millennials are single and might not ever marry/live with a significant and might not have children. Since Millennials have either been delaying marriage/children or not even having the option of it, that's affected housing demand. In the Millennial generation, unattached women are more likely to buy real estate than unattached men.

Yes, this is all true.

You sound exactly like one of those ugly women on tinder that are very demanding and like to always mention them in your speeches
He is a 6'4" man who is fit/muscular. If someone of his looks is having issues in the mating market, it is indicative of some broader problems in the mating market. .There are data points that exist that show broader problems.

So you do not get laid because you need to own house first and you don’t?
I have been in an apartment and have managed to attract-seduce women. Owning real estate doesn't mean much in terms of getting laid.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been in an apartment and have managed to attract-seduce women. Owning real estate doesn't mean much in terms of getting laid.
Dude, money per de unless you live a premium / luxury lifestyle have little to no value in getting laid, unless you piss poor and barely have money to have what to eat ( rarely the case these days in developed countries ) - you said yourself too -

In regards to the autistic guys, 50 years back if you were autistic you would be marginalized by society. You even had to go to a retarded people school . Autistic people now days have the best life that they ever had, as a lot of awareness was done and a lot of social programs developed in order for society to accept them. They can even go to normal schools where normal people study

Literally most of the things that you say are not even touching the real problems within the dating market

We have seen than in terms of marriages and getting laid, more or less it is kinda the same thing like 50 years ago, so for sure the idea that guys are getting laid less while more is not really reflecting the reality. And you have the marriages that reflect the same thing

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's an interesting point but people process difficult times and develop from them in a large variety of ways. The general public in the U.S felt a broad sense of accomplishment at the end of WW2, it was what ushered in the golden era of the 40s through early 60s. It was the way that honestly got the U.S out of the depression, it was still stagnating well into the 30s and leading up to WW2.

What I'm getting at is some people can be quite traumatized by bad experiences and actually let it affect them for the rest of their lives. There are other people who experience these same events, live through them and continue on.

Side note, I think you'll find that most people have issues with empathy despite what you have been led to believe. At the end of the day, most people are primarily looking out for themselves, then the family and so on and so on.
I think America might have a unique empathy problem as it is imo the most competitive, materialistic and individualistic country in world history (people crossed oceans to live it up/have nice things). The depression by all accounts hit particularly hard here (was it worse than the southern reconstruction of the late 1800's?) especially after the Roaring 20's. I would imagine that would make people considerably calloused, given the American character to begin with.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, money per de unless you live a premium / luxury lifestyle have little to no value in getting laid, unless you piss poor and barely have money to have what to eat ( rarely the case these days in developed countries ) - you said yourself too -

Money has less value now in getting laid conventionally/indirectly than it once did, but still has value in getting laid by directly paying for it.

I believe that looks are more important than money or status for getting laid, especially under age 35.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From talking to my elders I got the impression things were really no different back then as compared to now. People smoked, drank, got into fist fights and had sex. There was simply no social media to document everyday escapades (which can be a bit embarrassing now). We really cannot expect human nature to change much within a generation. I am half greek/half sicilian. My father was a merchant and met my mother in Rome when she was going to University there. They were were kind of like hippies, they were liberal even though both but especially my mother, had a very conservative upbringing.

When I go back and watch some of those Greek and Italian films from that time period, which I thoroughly enjoy, I see a lot of the same themes present today. There is no need to romanticize the past, what was great yesteryear is still taking place now. This current moment is what matters and we have to make the most of it.
More traditional societies like Spain, Italy, Greece, or Latin America aren't going to see as big of a change. You have a place dominated by the Catholic or Orthodox Church, traditional mores will be more prevalent in the modern day.

In the U.S. I make a point to avoid Italian, Greek, Spanish (from Spain) and a lot of Latin women due to their being difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if things haven't changed much. Miami obv is pretty heavily Catholic.

In a more Anglo-dominated areas and societies, you will see a greater degree of change.

I would imagine the UK dating scene has changed tremendously in the last 60-70 years.

Last edited: