Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

You won't get in great shape until you are comfortable being mildly hungry

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
IMO this is the real key to getting down to a very low body %

You have to be ok with that feeling of being mildly hungry/depleted. It's all a mental thing too - you can rewire your brain to feel ok in that state. The reality of the situation is, no matter how healthy you eat, you will feel mildly depleted/hungry when you are in a calorie deficit (especially in a 800-1300 calorie deficit which I personally like doing). Embrace the process, learn to love the feeling of being depleted as a sign you're getting in great shape.

the more comfortable you are being mildly hungry, the more weight you can lose and get shredded. Let's all get in great shape guys, some daily motivation for ya

Last edited:

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Where are you now and what are you aiming for?

I'm like 5'10 195 maybe 11% bodyfat

I'm actually pretty happy with my physique. I have very wide shoulders and a super narrow waist. I do want bigger arms though - my arms are like 16.7 inches. I would like about 17.5 inch arms. My chest and back are real thick

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
IMO this is the real key to getting down to a very low body %

You have to be ok with that feeling of being mildly hungry/depleted. It's all a mental thing too - you can rewire your brain to feel ok in that state. The reality of the situation is, no matter how healthy you eat, you will feel mildly depleted/hungry when you are in a calorie deficit (especially in a 800-1300 calorie deficit which I personally like doing). Embrace the process, learn to love the feeling of being depleted as a sign you're getting in great shape.

the more comfortable you are being mildly hungry, the more weight you can lose and get shredded. Let's all get in great shape guys, some daily motivation for ya

her legs are impressing, i want to have small narrow belly and big thigs, but not big ass, that would be weird

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more dave thinks getting lower body is the key, he can avoid the real issue.

Which is facing his inner terror that comes with strolling and starting a conversation with a hottie.

20% body fat guy who is fearless in talking to the ladies, making them laugh, etc, is going to trump petrified 8% body fat guy cowering in the corner every single time.

A

AJ84

Body dysmorphic disorder.
I think you have this condition. Get help for real.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it’s some truth in what he’s saying, I don’t think walking around at 8% body fat year round is healthy, however I do think that it’s ok to be mildly hungry when cutting.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it’s some truth in what he’s saying, I don’t think walking around at 8% body fat year round is healthy, however I do think that it’s ok to be mildly hungry when cutting.
A couple fast days a month keeps weight level.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to agree too. I've found that you need way less food than you think. Matter of fact I've never screwed up by deciding to NOT eat.

People seem to give bigdave17 a hard time (not sure why he's banned), but they aren't really getting his point. He's not talking about nutrition deprivation. He's simply talking about eating less.

Last edited:

Metanoia

Banned
Reaction score
As I mentioned above, I know this tip, it's a rather popular opinion in general for the weight loss and being in a good shape, however this method really doesn't work for everybody. Weight loss is a very individual thing and not all popular methods can be helpful for everybody, that's why it's such a problem for some people to become slim.

For example in my case the most effective methods were:
- correcting your sleep schedule (because often lack of sleep is one of the biggest risk factors for the weight gain)
- avoiding too much sugar and soda in your daily menu (and it's important for drinks too)
- making physical exercises regurarly (you don't need to starve yourself with them, just find the most pleasant and effective ones for you, and don't miss your workout everyday)
- drinking enough water everyday (it's helpful not only for the weight loss but also for general cleansing of body which is important in this case too)

Also it's known that in case of some people no methods can work really effectively because of some their hidden illnesses, usually the hormonal imbalance, for example the extreme weight gain is often caused with low human growth hormone https://www.hgha.com/hgh-levels-in-men-by-age/ which is strongly connected with aging (and that's why the older you are, the harder it's to lose the weight) and can be really treated only in a medical way.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I tend to agree too. I've found that you need way less food than you think. Matter of fact I've never screwed up by deciding to NOT eat.
True this. There is a make-break point here. If you start getting an ammonia smell to your sweat then you are catabolizing muscle. If not, you are good to go.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Growth Hormone output quadruples after day 2 to preserve muscle. The fatloss and water loss is real and any slight muscle loss recovers once you start eating again. A 2-5 day water fast will teach you alot. You get increased mental clarity in day 2 or 3 and your hunger subsides as the body starts burning on body fat. Youll learn that your probably addicted to some sugars and carbs. Its a parameter to explore. It wont kill you. Youll learn something. And youll lose fat.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree Dave. I got shredded again by not eating after 8pm. This was tough at first because I stay up late. Being shredded to the point of sub 10% body fat is not natural and in order to get there you have to do semi extreme stuff.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree Dave. I got shredded again by not eating after 8pm. This was tough at first because I stay up late. Being shredded to the point of sub 10% body fat is not natural and in order to get there you have to do semi extreme stuff.
Tell me about it. I too am a night owl, and all too often I find myself digging through the fridge at 10 or 11 pm. I think if I quit doing this I could drop 15 lbs. in a month.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence about eating late. I think it has possibilities. But then I'm looking at it from the perspective of intermittent fasting. I wont eat after that for about 18 hours.
What you eat could be a factor for sure. I'm usually between 11 and 15%. At 11% I can see my abs. Not majorly defined but they are there and self evident.
Staying around 11% or lower is a tough road to follow. I think the most important question to ask oneself is what is the purpose of staying below 11%? If you are a competitor in competitions then it makes sense.
This being said I think every man should get below 10% just once in his life so he knows how to do it.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence about eating late. I think it has possibilities. But then I'm looking at it from the perspective of intermittent fasting. I wont eat after that for about 18 hours.
What you eat could be a factor for sure. I'm usually between 11 and 15%. At 11% I can see my abs. Not majorly defined but they are there and self evident.
Staying around 11% or lower is a tough road to follow. I think the most important question to ask oneself is what is the purpose of staying below 11%? If you are a competitor in competitions then it makes sense.
This being said I think every man should get below 10% just once in his life so he knows how to do it.
I agree man. Unless it is pool party season staying around 10% can be dangerous. The reason it may be dangerous is because of a self defense situation. In a fight weight matters. Most guys have to be very skinny in order to get under 10%. Most don't do it while getting bulky. Its easier to fling around a guy that is skinnier.

But the confidence you get taking off your shirt for that one night stand makes it all worth it....I guess. Idk

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell me about it. I too am a night owl, and all too often I find myself digging through the fridge at 10 or 11 pm. I think if I quit doing this I could drop 15 lbs. in a month.
If you can not dig around the fridge late at night for a month you will definitely at least drop 10 lbs. Some nights I break my rule and eat after 8pm but most nights I don't. The trick is to eat a bunch around like 6:30pm so you can make it through the night until 8am without being too hungry. I had a friend that only ate once a day but he ate around 2500 calories in one sitting. He lost a TON of weight.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
If you can not dig around the fridge late at night for a month you will definitely at least drop 10 lbs. Some nights I break my rule and eat after 8pm but most nights I don't. The trick is to eat a bunch around like 6:30pm so you can make it through the night until 8am without being too hungry. I had a friend that only ate once a day but he ate around 2500 calories in one sitting. He lost a TON of weight.
This is because he took advantage of metabolic rates. It flys into the face of calories in vs calories out. Eating 1800 grams of grains and sugar will make you fat despite being a weight loss deficit.
Insulin can be your ally or your worst enemy.