You won't get in great shape until you are comfortable being mildly hungry

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence about eating late. I think it has possibilities. But then I'm looking at it from the perspective of intermittent fasting. I wont eat after that for about 18 hours.
What you eat could be a factor for sure. I'm usually between 11 and 15%. At 11% I can see my abs. Not majorly defined but they are there and self evident.
Staying around 11% or lower is a tough road to follow. I think the most important question to ask oneself is what is the purpose of staying below 11%? If you are a competitor in competitions then it makes sense.
This being said I think every man should get below 10% just once in his life so he knows how to do it.
I agree man. Unless it is pool party season staying around 10% can be dangerous. The reason it may be dangerous is because of a self defense situation. In a fight weight matters. Most guys have to be very skinny in order to get under 10%. Most don't do it while getting bulky. Its easier to fling around a guy that is skinnier.

But the confidence you get taking off your shirt for that one night stand makes it all worth it....I guess. Idk

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell me about it. I too am a night owl, and all too often I find myself digging through the fridge at 10 or 11 pm. I think if I quit doing this I could drop 15 lbs. in a month.
If you can not dig around the fridge late at night for a month you will definitely at least drop 10 lbs. Some nights I break my rule and eat after 8pm but most nights I don't. The trick is to eat a bunch around like 6:30pm so you can make it through the night until 8am without being too hungry. I had a friend that only ate once a day but he ate around 2500 calories in one sitting. He lost a TON of weight.

Epic Days

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can not dig around the fridge late at night for a month you will definitely at least drop 10 lbs. Some nights I break my rule and eat after 8pm but most nights I don't. The trick is to eat a bunch around like 6:30pm so you can make it through the night until 8am without being too hungry. I had a friend that only ate once a day but he ate around 2500 calories in one sitting. He lost a TON of weight.
This is because he took advantage of metabolic rates. It flys into the face of calories in vs calories out. Eating 1800 grams of grains and sugar will make you fat despite being a weight loss deficit.
Insulin can be your ally or your worst enemy.

Dizzy22

Reaction score
IMO this is the real key to getting down to a very low body %

You have to be ok with that feeling of being mildly hungry/depleted. It's all a mental thing too - you can rewire your brain to feel ok in that state. The reality of the situation is, no matter how healthy you eat, you will feel mildly depleted/hungry when you are in a calorie deficit (especially in a 800-1300 calorie deficit which I personally like doing). Embrace the process, learn to love the feeling of being depleted as a sign you're getting in great shape.

the more comfortable you are being mildly hungry, the more weight you can lose and get shredded. Let's all get in great shape guys, some daily motivation for ya

Rachat de crédit
ooh you're so jot, im so jealous!